Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2023-2024

Draconator

30 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Owen Power was a stellar -5 performance last night. Being on the ice for every goal against is not good.

Power has not looked good in the last few games. He's given up the puck, passing is sloppy and Wednesday proved is actually slower than I thought. 

I'm happy they won and they played a good game but it's still frustrating to me at this point they are still only playing .500 hockey....and they have the same problem the Bills offense has this year in that when they are off, they aren't just a little bit off but flat out terrible and uncompetitive.  

2 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

I'm happy they won and they played a good game but it's still frustrating to me at this point they are still only playing .500 hockey....and they have the same problem the Bills offense has this year in that when they are off, they aren't just a little bit off but flat out terrible and uncompetitive.  

They are a tremendously talented roster. But as a team, they have inexplicable ups/downs.

I attribute the swings to coaching. Granato sets the tone, or at least he should be. I know people like him, but he's merely an average coach.

I forgive Pegula for hiring him--quality coaches weren't beating down his door. Fast-forward a couple years to today: is there a way to bring in someone better than Granato?

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, boater said:

They are a tremendously talented roster. But as a team, they have inexplicable ups/downs.

I attribute the swings to coaching. Granato sets the tone, or at least he should be. I know people like him, but he's merely an average coach.

I forgive Pegula for hiring him--quality coaches weren't beating down his door. Fast-forward a couple years to today: is there a way to bring in someone better than Granato?

I've been happy with Granato overall since he's been here but this is the first time I am starting to question if maybe he isn't the guy.  I just can't believe how inconsistent and flat they have looked at times this year.  This team should be beyond those type of games at this point.  There's still a long season to go so hopefully they get it going sooner than later.  Don't think Pegula is cutting ties with Granato anytime soon so we gotta hope he is still the right guy for the job 

• Like (+1) 1

Sabres are now worth 900 million. Terry bought them for 189 million.

November 8, 2023TweetFEATURE STORYDATA VISUALIZATION

2023     2022     2021   

RankTeam2023 Valuation1-Year Value Increase

1Toronto Maple Leafs$2.65 billion25%

2New York Rangers$2.45 billion22%

3Montreal Canadiens$2.27 billion33%

4Chicago Blackhawks$1.84 billion28%

5Boston Bruins$1.78 billion26%

6Los Angeles Kings$1.72 billion24%

7Philadelphia Flyers$1.7 billion26%

8Edmonton Oilers$1.59 billion23%

9Washington Capitals$1.42 billion16%

10Detroit Red Wings$1.37 billion22%

11+1Vegas Golden Knights$1.3 billion33%

12+3Tampa Bay Lightning$1.25 billion37%

13-2Vancouver Canucks$1.2 billion20%

14+6Minnesota Wild$1.18 billion39%

15+3Colorado Avalanche$1.17 billion34%

16+5New Jersey Devils$1.16 billion41%

17+2Calgary Flames$1.14 billion31%

18-5New York Islanders$1.13 billion23%

19-2Seattle Kraken$1.12 billion26%

20-6Dallas Stars$1.11 billion21%

21-5Pittsburgh Penguins$1.07 billion19%

22+4San Jose Sharks$1.06 billion40%

23Nashville Predators$990 million28%

24+5Carolina Hurricanes$980 million59%

25Anaheim Ducks$975 million27%

26-2St. Louis Blues$965 million25%

27Ottawa Senators$950 million45%

28-6Winnipeg Jets$925 million15%

29+2Florida Panthers$910 million53%

30-2Buffalo Sabres$900 million42%

31-1Columbus Blue Jackets$880 million47%

32Arizona Coyotes$675 million45%

https://twitter.com/BuffaloSabres/status/1723013868706783546?s=20

Savoie making his debut tonight!

edit - can someone tell me how to embed tweets now?

i tried changing the link to Twitter.com before I posted it but it didn’t embed.

https://x.com/BuffaloSabres/status/1723013868706783546?s=20

Edited by BillsFan4

31 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Savoie making his debut tonight!

edit - can someone tell me how to embed tweets now?

i tried changing the link to Twitter.com before I posted it but it didn’t embed.

Paste the link, then hit the "enter" key.

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Paste the link, then hit the "enter" key.

thanks!

I tried it using the original x.com link (posted it and hit enter) and also tried it when I changed it to Twitter.com 

is it different on mobile? (I’m using an iPad) 

it used to work for me then it stopped when it changed to x.com. Then I was able to get that to work for a while by changing it to Twitter.com and hitting enter. But now none of the methods I try seem to work anymore.

3 hours ago, Fleezoid said:

It was said last night during the broadcast, but I'll say it again here.......Mittelstadt had an incredible game! He did some crazy stuff. Hope he keeps it up.

I think he’s probably been their most consistent player so far this year. I hope they can sign him to a reasonable extension. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

As an Islander/Bills fan I've always paid attention to Islanders/Sabres connections. Just saw that Pierre Turgeon will be inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame on Monday. Congrats to him - had a few big years for the Isles.

A number of other good players have played for both: Gillies, LaFontaine, Peca, Hogue, Krupp, Okposo, Vanek and of course Satan! 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Beast said:

So, what do you all think about the supposed imminent Patrick Kane signing?

Concerning if it’s Buffalo and multi year as proposed.

he had basically the same procedure as Backstrom from Washington who had to all but retire because he can’t physically perform since surgery. 

9 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

As an Islander/Bills fan I've always paid attention to Islanders/Sabres connections. Just saw that Pierre Turgeon will be inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame on Monday. Congrats to him - had a few big years for the Isles.

A number of other good players have played for both: Gillies, LaFontaine, Peca, Hogue, Krupp, Okposo, Vanek and of course Satan! 

I am also an Isles fan, but I may adapt the Sabres as a second team. The Isles suck. If it weren't for Sorokin and Varlamov this would be a bottom feeder. They can't score. The coach has no system in place. They can't defend well as evidenced by their 3rd period collapses which are happening regularly now. Since the Isles won't make the playoffs this year I will be rooting for the Sabres to get in and go on a playoff run. Thanks a lot Lou. Nice team you built.

16 hours ago, Fleezoid said:

We got Buffalo sports for better than 5 hours straight. Bills doing well. Sabres got to get back to scoring. Tough without Tage, but there's still enough talent to get back on track

Nice day for Buffalo sports.

Cozens needs to get it going.  He and Tuch will need to pick up the slack left by Tage's absence.  It would be nice to get anything out of 4th line.   

Krebs, Jost, Girgs, and Okposo getting outproduced by most of our defenseman.  

https://www.espn.com/nhl/team/stats/_/name/buf/buffalo-sabres

• Like (+1) 1