Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

9 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

PR machine at work!

Why would the team tweet this? 

This has been the most bizarre thing all day.  

Guy violates team rules. 

Creates a ***t storm.  

Team tweets “All love 14.”

Wtf is going on already.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I love how some of you think Hall being on the same team as Pederson for 18 months over a decade ago means they have some great personal relationship lol.

“Chad was kind of a free agent and I actually got a chance to coach him when I was in Philadelphia as an assistant (under Andy Reid),” Pederson said inside the Indianapolis Convenvtion Center. “He played the position, he knows it. He has a great mindset, he’s energetic and he’s a great teacher and those are all the traits I look for in assistant coaches. I just love his work ethic. He’s coached some great players, like Stefon Diggs, so we’re excited.

"When he became available, he was definitely the top guy on my list and the guy I wanted to get.”

Not sure what it says about their personal relationship, but Pedersen’s own words suggest a high level of respect for Hall as a coach and how much he wanted him on his staff. 

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/chad-halls-departure-from-buffalo-bills-to-jaguars-remains-a-bit-of-a-mystery/article_8b3a69c4-b7c4-11ed-96ef-1bbc1284637a.html

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, NUT said:

Daboll will win a SB as a HC, McDermott never will.

No he won't, paying a schlub like Jones $40M/year.  He better pray Barkley has as good a season otherwise the honeymoon will be over right quick in Jersey.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 2

Glad they are going through this in June, Diggs probably was concerned about Dorsey and the offense and maybe some other smaller issues. Get this stuff sorted out now because this team needs to limit the controllable distractions as they saw last year there is already enough that can go wrong in a season that is out of your control.

18 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I’d argue that, too. Whereas in Buffalo, Hall would have to languish behind the sucky Dorsey and his 2nd ranked offense in points and yards. Which was accomplished with a QB who was injured half the season, btw. 

I dont get the argument that Dorsey sucks. Its so crazy. Then again I feel like people also said Daboll sucked before he left. It just seems like people always think there is some unknown person thats better out there while we languish with Beane/McDermott/Dorsey. 

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

How will we ever replace those 6 catches/playoff game??

In all seriousness, don't forget the crazy awesome 2-point conversion he caught to put the Bills up 32-29 against KC. It's not on the stat sheet, but it was a money play with an extremely high level of difficulty.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, jletha said:

i dont get what not showing up accomplishes though, towards improving effort in January

That is a fair point. I’m not sure what Diggs wants at this point though. If it is to be traded, then it makes sense. Not saying that’s it, but things would line up - and it’s obviously happened before. Another possibility is that he came in ready to work and something happened that ticked him off badly enough that he walked out. Dunno. Might have to wait until he speaks on it. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.