Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

1 minute ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

I think this is 100% Diggs and Dorsey’s relationship. Diggs want his number called, he wants plays schemed directly for him etc…. He doesn’t want “the defense is taking him away so we gotta look to someone else…..”

Specifically in the playoffs and down the stretch.  Unfortunately he is right and this should be the case

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

I think this is 100% Diggs and Dorsey’s relationship. Diggs want his number called, he wants plays schemed directly for him etc…. He doesn’t want “the defense is taking him away so we gotta look to someone else…..”

From listening to Josh's presser today it goes deeper than that.  There is some sort of personal rift between Allen and Diggs right now.  

4 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

because, no we have concerns he might not play. he has been integral the success with Josh. They have shown to be quite close.

So its pretty deflating going into the season with a what if, for Diggs.
He got paid and been well loved by fans in Buffalo.

Cant see where he got unfairly treated by Bills at any point. Things may have gone poorly at times , but thats hardly bad intentions

and he hasnt told why.

Concerning for McD is concerning for me

Reality says 

Next !

But i dont have to like it

I have zero concern that he might not play.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Makes me wonder if this continues... if Beane will find a way to get D-Hop into a Bills uni. 

I am out of pocket so I can’t play around with it, but I’m curious what restructures and additions to a trade could get the Bills to break even cap wise. 

Diggs/Oliver (new deal?), for Evans, 1st, and a 2nd?

Diggs is crazy cheap for any buyer. The Bills eat a huge portion of the bonus. 

15 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Whatever is happening with Diggs, it seems they've had the last 5 months to figure it out. Why all of a sudden is this happening now during ota's? 

Either there was a recent development or it’s his first opportunity to make a public show of stubbornness by skipping “mandatory” practice. He likes drama, attention, self-aggrandizement, money, and winning likely equally.

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

Based on?  Again I didn't see Josh tell a lie that threw Diggs under the bus.  Everything he said was about loving him, supporting him and accepting some blame.

Based on this is how you force your way out. Not showing up. Pumping up other teams' QBs while publicly calling yours out. It's over imo.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Einstein said:

I feel like I am very reasonable. I call it like I see it. You never see me bashing players that show up and play well. I only bash players that play poorly or pull crap like Diggs is doing.

I answered your questions now answer mine - What with you and dismissing every negative thing and a Bills player or a coach?

Still waiting on you to show me where I was doing any of the above mentioned.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Then he gets the HC gig at NY and turns a perennial losing team into a winner and leads them to the playoffs. An incredible accomplishment. 

Not only that, he get HC of the year and resurrects Daniel Jones career who before Daboll was widely thought to be a bust. Taking the Giants to the playoffs was a monumental task.

In your biased tirade against Daboll you conveniently left out these facts.

It's OK you don't like daboll and we get it. But the rest of the NFL recognizes his achievements hence the coach of the year award

Like I said........Ben McAdoo also took over a "perennial losing" NY Giants team..........and went 11-5 in 2016.

And Daboll "resurrected" Daniel Jones from a guy who threw 10 TD's in 2021 up to a guy who threw all of 15 TD's in 2022.    Can you see how that modest improvement of Daniel Jones from bad to "meh" might not sound like it should be compared bringing the dead back to life?

I didn't leave out those facts........I thoroughly addressed them..........you just don't like that I'm right.

As for the "coach of the year".........roughly every other year somebody wins that award who in hindsight was clearly nowhere near one of the better HC's in the NFL.

Jason Garrett won it in 2016(Adam Gase finished 3rd:blink:).   Matt Nagy won it in 2018.   Seriously, he did.  Kevin Stefanski in 2020(15-19 since).    It's not a who's who of great coaches it's more 1 hit wonders than great HC's.    I mean.......it looked good on Dick Jauron's transcript after he won it but he wasn't very good now, was he? 

• Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

From listening to Josh's presser today it goes deeper than that.  There is some sort of personal rift between Allen and Diggs right now.  

both can be true, toss in chad hall leaving, Ty Dunne article saying the coaching staff didn't talk about 13 seconds with the team, Diggs last off season wanted to know why we are winning it all, why do we have these issues - do you think he got answers from McD? There are likely lots of reasons.

It does feel like there is something between him and Josh right now, how do you go from I'm thankful for you on Thanksgiving to this? It just feels like something went down and it's personal

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

It was definitely a win win. Not sure how you can view it any other way?

We can view it as in the past 3 seasons, Jefferson was 4th, 2nd, and 1st in receiving yards; 15th, 4th, and 1st in receptions.

Diggs has been 1st, 8th and 5th in receiving yards; 1st, 9th, and 4th in receptions.  OK, different type of offense.  Both top receivers, call it a "push".

Jefferson has a 4 year $13M contract.  Diggs has earned $54M in the past 3 seasons with another $24M this season.  No question in terms of cap ROI, Jefferson is the much better deal.  But OK, Diggs was asked to come in and change/elevate the culture of the receiving room and basically "show how it's done" vs. Jefferson playing for a vet QB on an established team.  Different roles.

Jefferson is in the middle of a contract negotiation.  When asked if he'd be in camp, he said "Will I be here?  Oh yeah.  Yeah."

Diggs not only left the building before mini-camp today, he threw out a major distraction in the way of his cryptic Insta post about "letting people cap" and "if them lies help you sleep, better tell 'em big dawg". 

I would say given the excellence of the receiving contribution vs. the much lower ROI, "will I be here? oh yeah.  Yeah." vs. "if them lies help you sleep better tell 'em big dawg" provides an alternate view that going into the 4th year, it's looking as though Minnesota may have won it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Based on this is how you force your way out. Not showing up. Pumping up other teams' QBs while publicly calling yours out. It's over imo.

But he has to know his contract is wildly prohibitive. 

I agree with you, but hope the Bills sit on his rights for eternity. 

2 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

both can be true, toss in chad hall leaving, Ty Dunne article saying the coaching staff didn't talk about 13 seconds with the team, Diggs last off season wanted to know why we are winning it all, why do we have these issues - do you think he got answers from McD? There are likely lots of reasons.

It does feel like there is something between him and Josh right now, how do you go from I'm thankful for you on Thanksgiving to this? It just feels like something went down and it's personal

As simple as Josh chose team over diggs, perhaps. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.