Miami Super Fan TUANON Passes Away at Young Age RIP

wppete

6 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Nope.

Take a look at his past annual  rankings of Taysom Hill among active QBs.  

He was a Zack Wilson truther too. Chris Simms QB expertise really comes down to "he nailed it with Josh Allen." Drew Lock, Zack Wilson, Taysom Hill.... maybe less so.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Hermes said:

If Tua actually gave a damn he could easily donate more than 10k. He's just doing it for the optics like everyone else. 

Wow. Tua also could have kept the money in his pocket. Instead, he donated a large amount of money to what he deems a worthy cause while you sit at a keyboard criticizing the man, claiming to know his sinister motive for this good deed.

Just incredible but make no mistake, it is my fault for being shocked. 

• Like (+1) 3

He’s saying he gets buried for negative takes, especially by that guy. And now Tua’s giving his family money and somehow that’s bad because the guy also had negative takes on Simms? 

It’s silly and definitely distasteful to bring that up now. At the end of the day it’s sports, and the guy may have been negative against Simms, but that was in defense of his favorite qb. Doesn’t really take a rocket scientist to see that of course Tua’s going to donate. The guy was always in Tua’s corner, so now Tua is in his corner. 

Do I want Simms head on a platter, nah. He’s still human, he’s allowed to have feelings. But he shows a real lack of awareness and humanity here. Could definitely see some form of discipline, and I think that’s appropriate. 

But I can see this going very poorly because people love the power that comes with canceling people. Especially people that may not look too favorably at your favorite nfl team. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Nope.

Take a look at his past annual  rankings of Taysom Hill among active QBs.  

What?

Do you know how to take things in context?

You are debating a FOOTBALL OPINION, what I was addressing was Chris Sims being flamed over allegedly what he said about the Tua donation after a tragic loss, in the case is is basic human decency and common sense?

Can you comprehend the difference.  Whatever Simms football opinions are irrelevant when we are talking about his reaction to the Miami fan tragedy. 

15 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Wow. Tua also could have kept the money in his pocket. Instead, he donated a large amount of money to what he deems a worthy cause while you sit at a keyboard criticizing the man, claiming to know his sinister motive for this good deed.

Just incredible but make no mistake, it is my fault for being shocked. 

Never once did I imply that Tua has a 'sinister motive', as you describe. So please do not put words in my mouth. I'm glad that Tua donated to this man's family, it's the least he could do for someone who dedicated his life to being a 'Tua superfan'

That being said, while I understand that 10k seems like a lot of money to the average person and it can surely help a lot in most instances, (I would imagine that money will help in part to cover funeral costs, but in all likelihood won't be enough to cover all of them)

The comparison to an average person(who makes 50k/year) would be donating $100. 

If someone was a superfan of mine including defending me to my most ardent detractors and others on the internet. I would more than likely donate more than .2% of my annual income to their family.

That's just me.

What's actually incredible is that someone has an opinion that you disagree with and you're shocked about it.

Edited by Hermes

7 hours ago, haroldwaide said:

So is Bills Mafia gonna help out this family during this tragic time?  I know they'd certainly appreciate it.

Let’s help one of our own!

https://www.gofundme.com/f/donate-to-help-cindy-maurer?utm_campaign=p_lico+share-sheet&utm_location=DASHBOARD&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=customer

Born, raised and lived in Buffalo. Huge die hard Bills fan. He was only 36. One of the most kind hearted people I’ve ever known. He went out of his way to help others all the time. The type of guy who would give you the shirt off his own back.

Edited by BillsFan4

3 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

What?

Do you know how to take things in context?

You are debating a FOOTBALL OPINION, what I was addressing was Chris Sims being flamed over allegedly what he said about the Tua donation after a tragic loss, in the case is is basic human decency and common sense?

Can you comprehend the difference.  Whatever Simms football opinions are irrelevant when we are talking about his reaction to the Miami fan tragedy. 

Context was: “Simms is to smart a guy” to say something stupid.

I disagreed with the premise you based your  comment on.  

20 hours ago, klos63 said:

So this thread very quickly became a trash Simms piece, while ignoring the tragedy and original post info.  Come on people, do better.

Haven't you noticed this forum functions, mostly, as a place where strangers can argue with one another?  The actual football end of things is rather minor in comparison.

Hell, there isn't much Bills news this time of year anyway.

People will argue here about anything, for pages.  It's what makes this place fairly toxic.

19 minutes ago, boater said:

Dang. Killed in a car accident... with all the safety features and airbags these days, that must have been one freaky accident.

RIP Dolphins fan.

43,000 Americans died last year in car wrecks. That’s 1.35 per 100 million vehicle miles traveled (VMT). 

25 years ago (1998): 41,500 deaths or 1.58 per 100million VMT.

So, better, but not by a ton.  

12 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

43,000 Americans died last year in car wrecks. That’s 1.35 per 100 million vehicle miles traveled (VMT). 

25 years ago (1998): 41,500 deaths or 1.58 per 100million VMT.

So, better, but not by a ton.  

Wow.. surprises me…

Australian motor vehicle fatalities are about a third of what they were in the 1980’s even with a much larger population now…

Edited by Aussie Joe

6 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Wow.. surprises me…

Australian motor vehicle fatalities are about a third of what they were in the 1980’s even with a much larger population now…

Well, mid 80’s (in particular, 1985) it was 44,000 deaths and deaths per 1MM miles was 2.47. So, from then to 2022, a decrease of 45% when measured in miles driven (which is the best way of course due to population growth and variances in total driving). 

Source: well, the internet, but I also worked in insurance for 17 years and dealt with so many fatal accidents that I started to become numb to them. Wasn’t great. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Hermes said:

Never once did I imply that Tua has a 'sinister motive', as you describe. Nor did I criticize him. So please do not put words in my mouth. I'm glad that Tua donated to this man's family, it's the least he could do for someone who dedicated his life to being a 'Tua superfan'

>>>>Well, yeah.. virtue signaling is all the rage now.  How else can the world know I'm better than you if I don't donate to these random people and tell you that you're a scumbag if you don't.  If Tua actually gave a damn he could easily donate more than 10k. He's just doing it for the optics like everyone else. <<<<

The above is your quote. I am not by any means "putting words in your mouth." I would never do that nor would I have any desire to do so.

I will however say that I am in fact sorry for responding to such drivel, and I wish you well.

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

>>>>Well, yeah.. virtue signaling is all the rage now.  How else can the world know I'm better than you if I don't donate to these random people and tell you that you're a scumbag if you don't.  If Tua actually gave a damn he could easily donate more than 10k. He's just doing it for the optics like everyone else. <<<<

The above is your quote. I am not by any means "putting words in your mouth." I would never do that nor would I have any desire to do so.

I will however say that I am in fact sorry for responding to such drivel, and I wish you well.

You're right. I did criticize him.  I also virtue signaled in my response too.  Just a nice double entendre of internet hypocrisy, while I dig my heals in further in what might end up being a bad take

Edited by Hermes
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Hermes said:

Never once did I imply that Tua has a 'sinister motive', as you describe. So please do not put words in my mouth. I'm glad that Tua donated to this man's family, it's the least he could do for someone who dedicated his life to being a 'Tua superfan'

That being said, while I understand that 10k seems like a lot of money to the average person and it can surely help a lot in most instances, (I would imagine that money will help in part to cover funeral costs, but in all likelihood won't be enough to cover all of them)

The comparison to an average person(who makes 50k/year) would be donating $100. 

He didn't have to donate anything and 10k should be more than enough to cover funeral costs.  Props to Tua.  He still has a noodle arm though.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

He didn't have to donate anything and 10k should be more than enough to cover funeral costs.  Props to Tua.  He still has a noodle arm though.

Matt Barkley has a noodle arm … tua isn’t upper echelon but he isn’t weak sauce like Barkley or chase daniels 

he’s a notch above noodle arm objectively 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Matt Barkley has a noodle arm … tua isn’t upper echelon but he isn’t weak sauce like Barkley or chase daniels 

he’s a notch above noodle arm objectively 

I was joking.  He has an average arm for a starter.  He's not a good deep ball thrower though.

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

He didn't. He also could have donated anonymously and had potentiailly the same impact on the late man's family. (Although his donation may have spurred others to do the same). 

Tua has undoubtedly had more of a positive impact on the lives of other people through his donations and charitable works than myself. In this instance I am of the opinion that he could have done more. 

It's too bad for him that at this point his brain is made of pudding and he plays for the Dolphins. Otherwise he seems like a great guy. 

12 minutes ago, Hermes said:

He didn't. He also could have donated anonymously and had potentiailly the same impact on the late man's family. (Although his donation may have spurred others to do the same). 

Tua has undoubtedly had more of a positive impact on the lives of other people through his donations and charitable works than myself. In this instance I am of the opinion that he could have done more. 

It's too bad for him that at this point his brain is made of pudding and he plays for the Dolphins. Otherwise he seems like a great guy. 

In this case it was a gofundmepage and the donations exploded after Tua donated 10 grand.  Rich people donating to charity has always been damned if you do, damned if you don't because there's people like you who will always criticize said person no matter what.

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

In this case it was a gofundmepage and the donations exploded after Tua donated 10 grand.  Rich people donating to charity has always been damned if you do, damned if you don't because there's people like you who will always criticize said person no matter what.

I was actually thinking that. If he hadn't donated anything it definitely would've been bad look, especially if some reporter asked questions about it.

I'm happy this man's family is getting so much support from the community. I don't necessarily believe his standing as a superfan makes his family more or less worthy to recieve these donations than others left in similar situations and I also don't believe there's anything inherently good or bad about Tua for donating. He did what he was 'supposed' to do given his standing in society and the way he'd be viewed for his actions.

It doesn't personally affect me in any way so my biases towards the Dolphins lead me to view Tua in a less positive light in this situation. It's my opinion that he doesn't particularly care and did what he was 'obligated' to do by our societal standards. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.