The Jets 2022 Defense

Big Blitz

They’re good - it’s almost all because of Sauce island and Quinnen Williams.  Some other good pieces - almost all stayed healthy in 2022.  

BUT…..I think upon closer examination, this team could have easily been 5-12 - and was absolutely the beneficiaries of a 2021 Bills defense like schedule.  

Quick recap with context (that context mostly centers around teams knowing they don’t have to take too many risks on O because the Jets QBs were terrible) - that doesn’t mean the Jets D is the 85 Bears:

Week 1:  Ravens 24 Jets 9 - Lamar 17-30 213 and 3 TDS 1 INT

Week 2:  Jets 31 Browns 30 - Jets Down 30-17 with less then 2 mins left.  Broken coverage long TD to Davis then the onside kick.  Fluke win.  Full Browns.  Brissett - 22-27 229 yards 1 TD and 1 INT.  

Week 3:  Bengals 27-Jets 12.  Burrow 23-36 275 3 TDS 

Week 4:  Jets 24 Steelers 20.  Pickett replaces Mitch.  10-13 120 yards but 3 INTs.  Wow.  Amazing.  

Week 5:  Jets 40 Dolphins 17.  Skylar Thompson - good effort.  Amazing!

Week 6:  Jets 27 Green Bay 10 - arguably their best game and was against Rodgers 26-41 for 246 and a TD.  What happened??  Rodgers hurt the thumb the week prior.  Breece Hall went off.  

Week 7:  Jets 16 Broncos 9.  Another Russ Wilson stinker?  Nope.  That was Brett Rypien 24-46 for 225.  Amazing!

Week 8: Patriots 22 Jets 17.  Mac Jones 24-35 for 194 and a TD.  Vintage Mac.  Zach Wilson threw 3 INTs.  

Week 9:  Jets 20 Bills 17.  Allen 18-34 205 and 2 INTs.  To help Allen, we tried to unleash Singletary and Cook - they went off for 12 carries and 39 yards.  We were missing Hyde, Poyer, and Milano.  I truly believe we weren’t prepared and started to enter coast mode in 2nd half the week prior v GB. 

Week 11:  Patriots 10 Jets 3.  Mac 23-27 for 246 yards.  Harris 8 carries 65 yards.  

Week 12:  Jets 31 Bears 10.  The Jets shut down Bears QB …… Trevor Simeian.  Amazing.  

Week 13:  Vikings 27 Jets 22.  Cousins 21-35 173 and a TD.  Cook 20 for 86 and a TD.  By now Sauce has definitely become a force.  

Week 14:  Bills 20 Jets 12.  Allen 16-27 147 yards and a TD.  Worth noting - the weather was bad.  Sleet snow and wind.  

Week 15:  Lions 20 Jets 17.  Goff 23-38 for 252 and a TD.  

Week 16:  Jaguars 19 Jets 3.  Lawrence 20-31 for 229 yards because they didn’t need more.  

Week 17:  Seahawks 23 Jets 6.  Geno 18-29 for 183 and 2 TDS.  Walker 23 carries for 133 yards.  No need for Geno to do more.  

Week 18:  Dolphins 11 Jets 6.  Skylar Thompson revenge game!!!  20-31 for 152.  

Jets wins:

Vs Brissett on a miracle finish

vs Mitch/Pickett first game

vs Skylar Thompson 

vs Aaron Rodgers bad thumb and early season moodiness.  
vs Brett Rypien 

vs Josh Allen and sleeping Bills

vs Trevor Simeian 

So there you have it.  Not sure why I’m supposed to be impressed.  Very few of those games say “if we had a QB we win.”  I’m not so sure as other teams play knowing full well the Jets don’t.   So like in our RD 2 why would Allen take too many chances when you don’t have to.  Miami didn’t have Tua - twice. Denver didn’t have Russ lol.  Chicago no Fields.   Cleveland didn’t have - luck going for them.  

I respect the few really talented guys for sure - Wilson Breece and Sauce.  They have a nice young team with potential.  But they aren’t the 2020 Tampa Bay Bucs - that team had one thing (in their super lucky awful NFC run anyway) and that was an elite oline and multiple weapons all over the field.  Elite ones.  

And that Bucs team is one of like 5 teams that made the SB after missing the playoffs in the last 25 years.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Jets got the benefit of the refs letting Sauce get away with murder because the league wanted him to be a star.  Hopefully the novelty of the "rookie phenom" has worn off and they actually start calling penalties on him.

Edited by 1ManRaid
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 7
  • Thank you (+1) 3

You're not wrong but ill say this. The Jets figured out the recipe to flat out dominate the Bills offense and the rest of the NFL followed that blue print for the remainder of the season. Bills were not the same after that Jets game. Maybe it had more to do with Allen partially tearing his UCL, but will never know. 

I had forgotten how many awful QBs the Jets played last season. That list is quite staggering.

AFC East schedule will be brutal this season. After the seeing the schedule release I like the Bills a lot more. That early season schedule gives the Bills a lot of run way to take a early division lead if they can capitalize on it.

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Jets got the benefit of the refs letting Sauce get away with murder because the league wanted him to be a star.  Hopefully the novelty of the "rookie phenom" has worn off and they actually start calling penalties on him.

I couldn't believe the stuff this kid was able to get away with as a rookie. Yes, he's special but man he basically had a free pass to mug WR's at will and I don't see it ending anytime soon. Now that they have Rodgers I expect it to get worse for opposing offenses. I wont be surprised if their D leads the league in forced 3 and outs just to get Rodgers on the field as much as possible.

7 minutes ago, HaldimandBills said:

You're not wrong but ill say this. The Jets figured out the recipe to flat out dominate the Bills offense and the rest of the NFL followed that blue print for the remainder of the season. Bills were not the same after that Jets game. Maybe it had more to do with Allen partially tearing his UCL, but will never know. I

Not sure about any blueprint - I think they just goaded us into mistakes in the RZ because we couldn’t run the ball.  

Josh vs Minnesota the next week:  330 yards plus 84 rushing - that fumble in the EZ was just unacceptable and imo bad coaching - should have been in shotgun.  Jefferson is a freak.  Everything unraveled.  

Vs Browns 18-27 197 and a TD.  RBs went off 

Vs Lions 24-42 for 253 2 TDS one INT that was deflected off Cook if I recall.  

At Patriots 22-33 for 223 and 2 TDS.  

Vs Jets RD 2

Vs Dolphins 304 yards 4 TDs and 77 rushing 

At Bears in 35 mph winds.  Just 26 passes.  

Vs NE week after Damar 19-31 for 254 and 3 TDS

Overall we definitely threw less - a combo of his injury, weather, game situation, protection issues, and a running game that started to come together a bit.   

• Like (+1) 3

I think their D is good, but it is being slightly overhyped. The secondary is good, not just Sauce but DJ Reed and adding Chuck Clark at safety. But CJ Mosely is still their best linebacker and is definitely on the downslope and Quinten Jefferson (remember him?) is pencilled in to start next to Q at defensive tackle. I personally think Bryce Huff is their best edge player but they use him sparingly because they prefer their bigger names... but Lawson has never been a well rounder player and Franklin Myers is a JAG. Let's see what Jermain Johnson as a 2nd year player and rookie Will McDonald add.

5 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Josh vs Minnesota the next week:  330 yards plus 84 rushing - that fumble in the EZ was just unacceptable and imo bad coaching - should have been in shotgun.  Jefferson is a freak.  Everything unraveled.  

You wanted them in the Shotgun at their own half yard line up four with 49 seconds left with the Vikings only having one timeout left?  Josh would have to secure the shotgun snap and run at least three yards just to get out of his own end zone.  I'd much rather them do what they did even with hindsight.  Just have your huge qb sneak it for a yard or two and the game is over.  Just because he happened to fumble the snap (a rare occurrence) doesn't mean it was the wrong call.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

They did a good job vs the Bills twice.  Bills scored 37 points total.  In two games Allen had 350 yards passing, 1 TD and 2 INT's.   He also had three rushing TD's but the going was very tough.   The Bills will have to counter whatever the Jets were doing.

Edited by Matt_In_NH
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

... and was absolutely the beneficiaries of a 2021 Bills defense like schedule.  

Their schedule was all but identical to ours last season as well.

We played KC, Tenn, & the Rams, whereas they played Jax, Denver, & Seattle.  One could argue that they had the tougher three games there.  Tenn & the Rams sucked.  

Couldn't a similar argument then be made about our D?  

I wish we had a Quinnen Williams.  

Edited by PBF81

26 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Their schedule was all but identical to ours last season as well.

We played KC, Tenn, & the Rams, whereas they played Jax, Denver, & Seattle.  One could argue that they had the tougher three games there.  Tenn & the Rams sucked.  

Couldn't a similar argument then be made about our D?  

I wish we had a Quinnen Williams.  

They got Thompson twice against the Dolphins. We got Tua. 

• Eyeroll 1

Conversely, if they had replaced the worst QB in the NFL with the guy who had won the last 2 MVP awards, they would have had really good shots against the Patriots x2, the Bills, Dolphins, Lions, and Vikings.  The Jets were a competent QB away from being a playoff team last season.  Now they’ve got ARod, and if he’s got anything left, they’re a very formidable team.  If Hall comes back healthy, they’re very much a factor to win the AFCE.  They’re a young team that’s only going to get better as their youth develops.

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, BillsFan2313 said:

They got Thompson twice against the Dolphins. We got Tua. 

That doesn't mitigate it more than marginally if at all if we're comparing the two Ds and how the schedule impacted them.  The Jets allowed 28 total points and only two TDs in both games against them, we allowed 50 total points and 6 TDs.  

We also allowed 405 yards to the Fins, in Buffalo, our third worst game defensively.  302 was the max the Jets allowed.  Tua was hardly the third best QB we faced, and he had a pretty good game in that one. 

I'm not disagreeing with the original premise, but we didn't have a difficult slate of QBs either last season, whereas this season we will, so it would seem that our #2 D was significantly overrated as well.  I guess we'll find out this season since our D is similar.  

And for comparison purposes, in our playoff game, that same Thompson's third NFL start and first playoff game ever, in Buffalo and the cold & snow, they got 24 points, just 4 points shy of what the Jets allowed in both games.  We also allowed a passing TD to Thompson, something that the Jets did not do, in two games, and we also allowed 54 more passing yards to him than the most that the Jets allowed.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Billl said:

Conversely, if they had replaced the worst QB in the NFL with the guy who had won the last 2 MVP awards, they would have had really good shots against the Patriots x2, the Bills, Dolphins, Lions, and Vikings.  The Jets were a competent QB away from being a playoff team last season.  Now they’ve got ARod, and if he’s got anything left, they’re a very formidable team.  If Hall comes back healthy, they’re very much a factor to win the AFCE.  They’re a young team that’s only going to get better as their youth develops.

Probably not this year. It took Barkley who had the same type of injury a couple of seasons to regain his form which he did last year.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

They’re good - it’s almost all because of Sauce island and Quinnen Williams.  Some other good pieces - almost all stayed healthy in 2022.  

BUT…..I think upon closed examination, this team could have easily been 5-12 - and was absolutely the beneficiaries of a 2021 Bills defense like schedule.  

Quick recap with context (that context mostly centers around teams knowing they don’t have to take too many risks on O because the Jets QBs were terrible) - that doesn’t mean the Jets D is the 85 Bears:

Week 2:  Jets 31 Browns 30 - Jets Down 30-17 with less then 2 mins left.  Broken coverage long TD to Davis then the onside kick.  Fluke win.  Full Browns.  Brissett - 22-27 229 yards 1 TD and 1 INT.  

Week 4:  Jets 24 Steelers 20.  Pickett replaces Mitch.  10-13 120 yards but 3 INTs.  Wow.  Amazing.  

Week 6:  Jets 27 Green Bay 10 - arguably their best game and was against Rodgers 26-41 for 246 and a TD.  What happened??  Rodgers hurt the thumb the week prior.  Breece Hall went off.  

Week 7:  Jets 16 Broncos 9.  Another Russ Wilson stinker?  Nope.  That was Brett Rypien 24-46 for 225.  Amazing!

Week 8: Patriots 22 Jets 17.  Mac Jones 24-35 for 194 and a TD.  Vintage Mac.  Zach Wilson threw 3 INTs.  

Week 9:  Jets 20 Bills 17.  Allen 18-34 205 and 2 INTs.  To help Allen, we tried to unleash Singletary and Cook - they went off for 12 carries and 39 yards.  We were missing Hyde, Poyer, and Milano.  I truly believe we weren’t prepared and started to enter coast mode in 2nd half the week prior v GB. 

Week 11:  Patriots 10 Jets 3.  Mac 23-27 for 246 yards.  Harris 8 carries 65 yards.  

Week 12:  Jets 31 Bears 10.  The Jets shut down Bears QB …… Trevor Simeian.  Amazing.  

Week 13:  Vikings 27 Jets 22.  Cousins 21-35 173 and a TD.  Cook 20 for 86 and a TD.  By now Sauce has definitely become a force.  

Week 14:  Bills 20 Jets 12.  Allen 16-27 147 yards and a TD.  Worth noting - the weather was bad.  Sleet snow and wind.  

Week 16:  Jaguars 19 Jets 3.  Lawrence 20-31 for 229 yards because they didn’t need more.  

Week 17:  Seahawks 23 Jets 6.  Geno 18-29 for 183 and 2 TDS.  Walker 23 carries for 133 yards.  No need for Geno to do more.  

Jets wins:

vs Skylar Thompson 

vs Brett Rypien 

vs Trevor Simeian 

So there you have it.  Not sure why I’m supposed to be impressed.  Very few of those games say “if we had a QB we win.”  I’m not so sure as other teams play knowing full well the Jets don’t.   So like in our RD 2 why would Allen take too many chances when you don’t have to.  Miami didn’t have Tua - twice. Denver didn’t have Russ lol.  Chicago no Fields.   Cleveland didn’t have - luck going for them.  

I respect the few really talented guys for sure - Wilson Breece and Sauce.  They have a nice young team with potential.  But they aren’t the 2020 Tampa Bay Bucs - that team had one thing (in their super lucky awful NFC run anyway) and that was an elite oline and multiple weapons all over the field.  Elite ones.  

And that Bucs team is one of like 5 teams that made the SB after missing the playoffs in the last 25 years.  

I love the "we tried to unleash Cook and Singletary who went off for 12 carries for 39 yards" 😆 

I wouldn’t be shocked if they had a huge regression. They were the worst defense in the league two years ago. They get a corner and suddenly they are unstoppable? Jets are a team with sky high expectations and IMO have not really earned it

Is a 40 year old QB really the missing piece? Personally I’m skeptical 

• Agree 3

The Eagles had 80 sacks last year which I believe was 3rd all time.  They bring heat and really get after the QB....just dominant up front. 

It still wasn't enough to win the Super Bowl and they gave up 38 to the Chiefs.

If you have an elite QB, that trumps all.  We have that and if given the right resources, we should be fine against any defense.

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, ProcessTruster said:

Jets are good.   Bills are good, but could not beat the guy Rodgers replaced.   Time to Go play the game.  

Wilson played arguably his best game as a pro against the Bills.  He had 154 yards passing,  he was hardly the reason they won. 

That game was lost by the Bills O line 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I don’t get it. You made a list were you make a sarcastic remark about lots of Jets games, several of which where they kept the opposing offense to under 13 points.

Their defense is legit and they beat us last year with Zach Wilson at QB.

8 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

BUT…..I think upon closed examination, this team could have easily been 5-12 - and was absolutely the beneficiaries of a 2021 Bills defense like schedule.  

Jets wins:

vs Skylar Thompson 

vs Brett Rypien 

vs Trevor Simeian 

Last season SF had a SB worthy roster without decent QBing.  That is what a SB level teams talent looks like. As you point out the Jets DO NOT look like that.

Oh and in the Cleveland game all the Browns RB had to do was fall down at the 2 yard line and Cleveland wins the game taking a knee.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Wilson played arguably his best game as a pro against the Bills.  He had 154 yards passing,  he was hardly the reason they won. 

That game was lost by the Bills O line 

The o-line? Have to disagree there.

Allen was just awful that game. The Jets defense is good.

Allen throwing 53% and multiple INT’s. One of the INT’s was under very little pressure too. Just threw it right to the guy.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I don’t get it. You made a list were you make a sarcastic remark about lots of Jets games, several of which where they kept the opposing offense to under 13 points.

Their defense is legit and they beat us last year with Zach Wilson at QB.

Their defense is good but not great.  Their O line is a shambles and now will have an immobile 40 year old behind it.  Two years ago Jacksonville with a rookie QB not playing well beat the Bills.  It's the NFL it happens.

Rogers probably makes the Jets better. My guess is that 7 - 10 goes up to 9 - 8 at best.  For the Jets to get to the 11 or 12 wins likely needed to win the division they have to add 4 or 5 wins.  And I don't see the Jets sweeping the Bills do you?

Edited by CincyBillsFan
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

Allen throwing 53% and multiple INT’s. One of the INT’s was under very little pressure too. Just threw it right to the guy.

Honestly, it was like he was throwing the game. The INT in their end early was BLATANT, like no QB in the league throws that.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think their D is good, but it is being slightly overhyped. The secondary is good, not just Sauce but DJ Reed and adding Chuck Clark at safety. But CJ Mosely is still their best linebacker and is definitely on the downslope and Quinten Jefferson (remember him?) is pencilled in to start next to Q at defensive tackle. I personally think Bryce Huff is their best edge player but they use him sparingly because they prefer their bigger names... but Lawson has never been a well rounder player and Franklin Myers is a JAG. Let's see what Jermain Johnson as a 2nd year player and rookie Will McDonald add.

Chuck Clark can do nothing but help that secondary. Which is a frustrating thought. Curious to see if they switch Whitehead to a role closer to the one he had in Tampa but their defense will always go through Q-Will. If they improve as a whole and get better production from Johnson2 and McDonald4, they could be a serious problem. Again, a frustrating thought. 

Edited by BBFL

8 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Josh vs Minnesota the next week:  330 yards plus 84 rushing - that fumble in the EZ was just unacceptable and imo bad coaching - should have been in shotgun.

This is not emphasized enough.  The Bills were at the one inch line with an undersized center going against a Vikings front line that was overloaded to stop a QB sneak.  Absolutely Allen should have been in the shotgun with the option to pick a hole to run into. Again, like "13 seconds" a big strategic failure by the Bills coaching brain trust at a critical moment in an important game.  A Bills win that day and they are home through the playoffs with a much needed one week break.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

This is not emphasized enough.  The Bills were at the one inch line with an undersized center going against a Vikings front line that was overloaded to stop a QB sneak.  Absolutely Allen should have been in the shotgun with the option to pick a hole to run into. Again, like "13 seconds" a big strategic failure by the Bills coaching brain trust at a critical moment in an important game.  A Bills win that day and they are home through the playoffs with a much needed one week break.

I disagree. I think sneak was 100% the right call. The Minnesota line didn't stop them. Mitch and Josh just contrived to drop the ***** ball. 100% on execution. 

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Last season SF had a SB worthy roster without decent QBing.  That is what a SB level teams talent looks like. As you point out the Jets DO NOT look like that.

Oh and in the Cleveland game all the Browns RB had to do was fall down at the 2 yard line and Cleveland wins the game taking a knee.

QB play wasn’t THAT bad out in the bay… wasn’t great either but nowhere near the incompetency that the Jets had bro. 

Edited by BBFL

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I disagree. I think sneak was 100% the right call. The Minnesota line didn't stop them. Mitch and Josh just contrived to drop the ***** ball. 100% on execution. 

It was the right call.  You don't even need to gain an inch, you just need to execute a simple QB/C exchange and the game is over.  

Not only that, we had plenty of time at the end of the game to at least tie and/or win it.  Allen got too confident in his arm and then threw late over the middle....which is a big no no for a QB.  

• Agree 2

43 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The Eagles had 80 sacks last year which I believe was 3rd all time.  They bring heat and really get after the QB....just dominant up front. 

It still wasn't enough to win the Super Bowl and they gave up 38 to the Chiefs.

If you have an elite QB, that trumps all.  We have that and if given the right resources, we should be fine against any defense.

Chiefs also had an ELITE offensive line. 

It’s not just about having an elite QB.  We saw what happens to them when Mahomes doesn’t have an OL against a pass rush in the Tampa Super Bowl. 

21 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Their defense is good but not great.  Their O line is a shambles and now will have an immobile 40 year old behind it.  Two years ago Jacksonville with a rookie QB not playing well beat the Bills.  It's the NFL it happens.

Rogers probably makes the Jets better. My guess is that 7 - 10 goes up to 9 - 8 at best.  For the Jets to get to the 11 or 12 wins likely needed to win the division they have to add 4 or 5 wins.  And I don't see the Jets sweeping the Bills do you?  

I wouldn't bet on us sweeping the Jets either tho, which makes that part of it a wash, at best.  Same schedules except that we face the Bengals (Burrow), Jags (Lawrence), and Bucs (Mayfield), while the Jets get to play Houston (Stroud), Cleveland (Watson), and Atlanta (Desmond Ridder?)   For the Jets that's two rookies and a QB that didn't play most of last season, and when he did he played average at best.  

Idk I just don’t see what the hype is

i understood a LITTLE BIT of the Miami hype last year

but again - NYJ is now set back another 5 years because this will flop like Favre did

no problem New York is all about glitz’s and glamor anyways 

that image - never concrete just an image lol

33 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Chiefs also had an ELITE offensive line. 

It’s not just about having an elite QB.  We saw what happens to them when Mahomes doesn’t have an OL against a pass rush in the Tampa Super Bowl. 

The Eagles DL was legendarily good with production.  I'm not sure I would say the Chiefs offensive line was legendarily great last year. 

The Tampa Super Bowl, the Chiefs oline was manhandled because they had 3 backs ups against a stout DL.  No QB would have been good there.

1 hour ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Honestly, it was like he was throwing the game. The INT in their end early was BLATANT, like no QB in the league throws that.

There's an angle out there that shows the defender completely obscured behind someone the moment josh is throwing, he definitely just didn't see him. Bad read all the same. 

14 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The Eagles DL was legendarily good with production.  I'm not sure I would say the Chiefs offensive line was legendarily great last year. 

The Tampa Super Bowl, the Chiefs oline was manhandled because they had 3 backs ups against a stout DL.  No QB would have been good there.

Chiefs OL was a Top 5 ranked OL last year, according to most who rank them .. and many considered them to be the 2nd best, behind only Philly.  

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Yea the Jets game was on Josh more than any other game in the past 2 years. He was crap that day. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BBFL said:

QB play wasn’t THAT bad out in the bay… wasn’t great either but nowhere near the incompetency that the Jets had bro. 

The QB play was okay because the SF roster was a true SB roster.  Or else we have to believe that Purdy was the next coming of Joe Montana.

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea the Jets game was on Josh more than any other game in the past 2 years. He was crap that day. 

I would put it on a defense that allowed a game winning 90 yard FG drive without the Jets having to throw a pass.  A defense in which after Allen's 35 yard run to put the Bills up 14 - 3 late in the 2nd quarter allowed the Jets to use up the rest of the half on their way to a TD cutting the lead to 14 - 10. And all this with the horrible Zak Wilson at QB.

Sure it wasn't a good game by Allen but in the end he made a throw that almost no one else in the NFL could make and that if completed would have at minimum put the game in OT.

1 hour ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Major F up but Idk if I blame the coaches for that play. Your $250+MM QB ought to be able to handle a snap under center WTF

That was a unique situation.  The Vikes completely sold out to blowup a QB sneak.  Best case scenario is Allen handles the snap and is stuffed for a safety.  Vikes get the ball back and score to win the game. 

1 hour ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Like a lot of QB's make that and even worse throws when they don't see the defender.

4 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I would put it on a defense that allowed a game winning 90 yard FG drive without the Jets having to throw a pass.  A defense in which after Allen's 35 yard run to put the Bills up 14 - 3 late in the 2nd quarter allowed the Jets to use up the rest of the half on their way to a TD cutting the lead to 14 - 10. And all this with the horrible Zak Wilson at QB.

Sure it wasn't a good game by Allen but in the end he made a throw that almost no one else in the NFL could make and that if completed would have at minimum put the game in OT.

The defense gave up a horrible drive at the end. The offense had horrible drives all day. It wasn't 100% on Josh but that is a game that is Josh even plays average in we win going away. 

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Chiefs OL was a Top 5 ranked OL last year, according to most who rank them .. and many considered them to be the 2nd best, behind only Philly.  

Yeah, I think that sounds about right. I do recall quite a few instances different sports shows mentioning  how good and improved KC's OL was. Some may have even considered as the best.

But yeah, would make all the difference in the world if Bills OL improves similar to that level

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.