Bills 2023 Official Schedule

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I have to post the Chargers schedule release video. They knock it out of the park every year.

Titans release video had me cracking up 

30 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

Am I the only one that strategically takes my vacation days after a prime time game? 

Immediately after official release signed onto to work and submitted 6 days of vacation all based on bills. Not just the late game then I’m on a high for a win or low on loss. Not much sleep happening prime time nights 

12 minutes ago, chongli said:

The Peacock game will also be on locally for free in Buffalo and LA. If you don't live in those areas, they offer a free 7-day trial. [Peacock is the NBC streaming service.]

Chong over here flexing on everyone.

bolo-yeung.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Governor said:

The league definitely acknowledged that overall play quality was way down and is trying to fix it this year with this schedule. No teams were really playing at their true potential at any point last season. Truly awful football being played throughout.

Totally agree — wait, what?

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

This is the last game we have to endure those embarrassing fans and their tomahawk chop. Next 3 seasons KC comes to Buffalo. 

Unless we don't match up in division standings, in which case the visitor to Buffalo could be a different team from that division the next 2 years. 

2 hours ago, LEBills said:

Does anyone know what changed that there is now four MNF doubleheaders when it was normally one?

New media rights contract:

From Awful Announcing:

https://awfulannouncing.com/nfl/whats-new-in-the-2023-nfl-schedule-release.html

"ABC Gets More Monday Night Football

OG fans will remember the days of ABC carrying Monday Night Football. The amount of NFL games on ABC has gone up over the years. Last year, it carried a standalone game in Week 2 with Joe Buck and Troy Aikman calling Minnesota at Philadelphia on ABC at 8:30 p.m. ET while ESPN had Tennessee at Buffalo at 7:15 p.m.

This season, there will be three instances where ESPN and ABC will have “side-by-side” games. Gone are the Week 1 doubleheaders at 7 p.m. and 10:15 p.m. Instead, ESPN will have the early game while ABC will have a contest 75 minutes later. In addition, there will be weeks where ABC will simulcast ESPN’s game. And in Week 18, ABC and ESPN will simulcast a Saturday doubleheader as well as the Monday Night Wild Card Playoff Game and a Divisional Playoff game next January."

For the people wondering about KC.  We play each AFC division every three years.  For the other two AFC divisions we play the team that finished in the same place as us.  For some godforsaken reason this doesn't swap home/away every year, but rather every two years.  So, three seasons ago we got them because we played the AFC West, and that was in Buffalo.  The next two seasons we got them because we finished in the same spot they did, and because of that two year crap I mentioned earlier, both just coincidentally were in KC.  Now, this season we play the whole AFC West again, and since we played them in Buffalo the last time we played the West, this one's in KC.

So, thanks to a perfect storm we get three straight games in KC.  If we play them next season (we need to finish in the same place as them) it will be in Buffalo.

Edited by The Red King

What a fun schedule.

The late bye is the takeaway here.  And smack dab between our 2 toughest games.  

Plus, we start off w/ a series of really winnable games. Probably the easiest part of our schedule.  The Jets as game 1 is perfect. They're still going to be figuring out their identity.

The table is set.  Giddy.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, bkep32 said:

Gross, no bye after London game

I think thats too early for a bye myself.  What I dont like about the bye is its sandwhiched between two away games. We will have a home game 11/19 and not another one until a month later 12/17.  Thats kinda crazy.

Also don't like the start of the season.  We have a home preseason game, then two road preseason games, and then start on the road.  I know its just preseason but we start at the Jets which is technically our third road game in a row.  

• Eyeroll 1

15 minutes ago, The Red King said:

For the people wondering about KC.  We play each AFC division every three years.  For the other two AFC divisions we play the team that finished in the same place as us.  For some godforsaken reason this doesn't swap home/away every year, but rather every two years.  So, three seasons ago we got them because we played the AFC West, and that was in Buffalo.  The next two seasons we got them because we finished in the same spot they did, and because of that two year crap I mentioned earlier, both just coincidentally were in KC.  Now, this season we play the whole AFC West again, and since we played them in Buffalo the last time we played the West, this one's in KC.

So, thanks to a perfect storm we get three straight games in KC.  If we play them next season (we need to finish in the same place as them) it will be in Buffalo.

If you plan it out manually and then try swapping every other year yourself, you immediately see why it has to be this way. Because the off-year teams are paired differently, you would wind up with different numbers of home and road games if you also successfully avoid 3 straight years in any one building. 

3 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

League loves us. Byes before the Bengals and the Chiefs. 

Does the NFL love the Buffalo Bills or Josh Allen? Looking at it objectively the NFL and the nation loves Josh Allen because he is exciting to watch playing football like Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan or Larry Bird playing basketball. As a long time Buffalo Bills fan the Bills really haven’t won anything like a Green Bay, New York Giants, Pittsburgh or New England which have won a lot so the Bills aren’t up there historically with those NFL franchises. It’s Josh Allen is must watch television the Bills haven’t had a star like that since OJ Simpson. The 1990’s Buffalo Bills were very good the sum of their parts as a team but Jim Kelly was a try hard star it’s different. Jim Kelly plugged away gave everything he had and was a good leader but he didn’t have the star power of a Josh Allen being athletically gifted it’s different. I am a huge Jim Kelly fan but looking at it objectively Josh Allen is just athletically more gifted than a Jim Kelly or a Thurman Thomas. OJ Simpson, Josh Allen and Bruce Smith on defense were the three best I have seen in my lifetime as a Bills fan athletically. It use to be OJ Simpson with a debate about Bruce Smith on the defensive side of the football but Josh Allen with everything bigger today in the NFL nationally has passed even OJ Simpson as best Buffalo Bills player all time in my 49 plus years watching the Bills in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.