Bills 2023 Official Schedule

1 hour ago, Marv Levy said:

Another year AT Arrowhead. Unfreakinbelivable! What is that now, 10 years in a row? When was the last time those jerkys played in Orchard Park?  Just brutal.

In 2020. If the bills finished in the same standings position as the chiefs for eternity, the games would be distributed as follows:

2018: in Buffalo (but this was against the chargers)

2019: in Buffalo (but this was against denver)

2020: in Buffalo (this one happened, AFCW rotation)

2021: in KC (The Bills started winning the division)

2022: in KC (again, bills won division)

2023: in KC (afcw rotation, no matter what)

2024: in Buffalo (instead of the chargers game in 2018 bc we are always finishing with the chiefs in this scenario)

2025: in Buffalo (again, division finish match)

2026: in Buffalo (afcw rotation)

And so on. 

No, you can't break these up and maintain the divisional rotations and playing the corresponding finisher in the two afc divisions you don't play, unless you want 7 home games half of the years.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Marv Levy said:

Another year AT Arrowhead. Unfreakinbelivable! What is that now, 10 years in a row? When was the last time those jerkys played in Orchard Park?  Just brutal.

It IS believable and completely explained. Does it suck? Yes. No one is messing with us. It’s easily explained.

46 minutes ago, boyst said:

19-0

20-0 to win the SB

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, arcane said:

In 2020. If the bills finished in the same standings position as the chiefs for eternity, the games would be distributed as follows:

2024: in Buffalo (instead of the chargers game in 2018 bc we are always finishing with the chiefs in this scenario)

And so on. 

No, you can't break these up and maintain the divisional rotations and playing the corresponding finisher in the two afc divisions you don't play, unless you want 7 home games half of the years.

Thank you for this clear explanation. Appreciate it.

37 minutes ago, Marv Levy said:

Thank you for this clear explanation. Appreciate it.

It didn't become clear to me until i actually sat down and wrote schedules out and tried to "fix" it. We were at Tennessee in 19, 20, 21 as well, but home to pit in 20,21,22. Meaning that we have to play AT cinci again next year, before an overlap of having both KC and CIN at home I believe. (Assuming we all keep winning divisions)

3 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

Pretty much agree, but I think they'll win vs the Giants and Pats in weeks 6 & 7. So 11-6 and a likely WC berth. Standing by for the rose-colored glasses crew to come in with their long knives. LOL

One thing about the Bills. They seem to always lose a game they shouldn't (say the Giants this year) and win a game they shouldn't (Bengals or Eagles this year). I see 10-7 as the floor with 12-5 as the ceiling. Hard to say right now. Some teams you think will be tough aren't and vice versa. Also, injuries play a factor every year in the NFL.

Just now, Gregg said:

One thing about the Bills. They seem to always lose a game they shouldn't (say the Giants this year) and win a game they shouldn't (Bengals or Eagles this year). I see 10-7 as the floor with 12-5 as the ceiling. Hard to say right now. Some teams you think will be tough aren't and vice versa. Also, injuries play a factor every year in the NFL.

The bills' ceiling is winning 15 or 16 games and then the super bowl. Their best case scenario is NOT losing 2 more games than they lost last year with insane injuries 

3 minutes ago, arcane said:

The bills' ceiling is winning 15 or 16 games and then the super bowl. Their best case scenario is NOT losing 2 more games than they lost last year with insane injuries 

Schedule is brutal especially on the road. Division is a lot of tougher as well. I think they will end up somewhere between 10-7 and 12-5. 

Every schedule discussion on TBD must contain the following:

"why are there only (5) 1pm games? Those are my favorite"

"why do we have so many prime time games? these mess up my routine (after years of complaining "why don't we ever get any prime-time games?")

"why are we playing at KC again? - the NFL is rigged and doesn't want us to win! "

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Magox said:

Bengals, Chiefs and Eagles all on the road.

0-3 is a real possibility. 

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

The floor is much lower for me. If things go poorly, injuries, poor play, tough schedule, etc...The floor for me is 8-9. 

I agree with you ceiling. 

• Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

Pretty much agree, but I think they'll win vs the Giants and Pats in weeks 6 & 7. So 11-6 and a likely WC berth. Standing by for the rose-colored glasses crew to come in with their long knives. LOL

When you resort to the rose colored glasses trope to describe people whose objectivity leads them to a different conclusion you simply prove your ignorance.  Just so you know.  

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Marv Levy said:

Oct 19, 2020 Chiefs at Bills....almost 10 years in a row

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gregg said:

This is exactly where I'm at. No matter how many times I analyze the schedule, I can't come away with anything outside the range you mentioned

13 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

I foresee a surge in Peacock trial subscriptions in the 716 during Christmas week.

I agree. But the game in the 716 will be on free TV...whichever channel wins the bid. But expect to see a lot of trial subscriptions in the 585 (Rochester)!

Edited by chongli
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, arcane said:

And so on. 

Didn't you make a great post about this last year explaining everything in detail? Just save it so you can just post the link to that every time this questions comes up (which it will during Chiefs week)! 😄

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.