Bills 2023 Official Schedule

You of course never know how a schedule will truly play out but I’ve always said that it depends a lot on the mentality of the team from week to week. So I like the 2023 schedule on paper anyway. I’d rather it be backloaded like it appears to be, meaning that the Bills ‘should’ get off to a winning record as opposed to every game on the back half being a must win like it turned into just a couple of years ago when they slumped to something like 7-6 if I recall correctly, and had to win out down the stretch just to make the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I love the schedule (except the London part).  The early part looks reasonable.  By the time it gets to the second half, with the late bye week, they should be in fine form.  No early game in Miami is a plus.  I like them ending the season with Miami too.  Ever since the NFL went to having the last two games in the division, it has made the end of the year more interesting in most of the divisions.  So many prime time games.   

They also caught a few breaks, some subtle:

1. After London, they play the Giants late on Sunday night.  

2. Their Thursday (vs TB) game follows the short road trip to NE and the expectation is TB won't be the juggernaut they have recently been.

3. 10 days to prep for Bengals.. And Bengals will have just played the Niners.

4. After a bruising game in Philly, they get the bye week break before heading the ArrowHead

Negatives:

1. Jags get to acclimate in London while Bills don't.

2. Chargers on a short week after playing Dallas in the 4:25 game.  Only six days between games with a cross country trip in there.

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, wjag said:

I love the schedule (except the London part).  The early part looks reasonable.  By the time it gets to the second half, with the late bye week, they should be in fine form.  No early game in Miami is a plus.  I like them ending the season with Miami too.  Ever since the NFL went to having the last two games in the division, it has made the end of the year more interesting in most of the divisions.  So many prime time games.   

They also caught a few breaks, some subtle:

1. After London, they play the Giants late on Sunday night.  

2. Their Thursday (vs TB) game follows the short road trip to NE and the expectation is TB won't be the juggernaut they have recently been.

3. 10 days to prep for Bengals.. And Bengals will have just played the Niners.

4. After a bruising game in Philly, they get the bye week break before heading the ArrowHead

Negatives:

1. Jags get to acclimate in London while Bills don't.

2. Chargers on a short week after playing Dallas in the 4:25 game.  Only six days between games with a cross country trip in there.

With the Chargers game I could see the crowd split 50-50. So, it will feel like a Bills "home" game.

• Like (+1) 1

We ll in terms of when the games are, that's easily the worst schedule I've ever seen.

I know, they are good and so the schedule puts them in the spotlight.

But I just want Sunday 1pm games, and this year they are an endangered species

• Haha (+1) 1

This is a phenomenal schedule! The absolute best that could have been imagined! I have to say, the NFL is Truly TRYING to help the Bills win the Super Bowl! No back to back road games? Very late Bye and before a critical game? Jets early? 

Cash in, Bills!

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

Everybody knew the Bills were going to get a lot of primetime games at night, but I can't remember the last time the Bills played a home game at 4:00/4:25.

I remember attending  Bills / Saints at 4P back in 2009. The Game where Moormans fake punt was Bill's offensive highlight.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I predict 9-8 and a wildcard spot maybe depending on how the tiebreakers go on the final day 

@ Jets (MNF) L

vs Raiders W

@ Commanders W

vs. Dolphins W

vs. Jaguars (London) L

vs. Giants L

@ Patriots L

vs. Buccaneers (TNF) W

@ Bengals L

vs. Broncos (MNF) W

vs. Jets W

@ Eagles L

BYE

@ Chiefs L

vs. Cowboys W

@ Chargers L

vs. Patriots W

@ Dolphins W

Pretty much agree, but I think they'll win vs the Giants and Pats in weeks 6 & 7. So 11-6 and a likely WC berth. Standing by for the rose-colored glasses crew to come in with their long knives. LOL

The Chargers video showed an anime version of:

Von Miller, Josh Allen and Jordan Poyer burning the logos of the four Super Bowls the Bills lost (reference to the video Von made after joining the Bills advising Bills fans to Burn It All).

Cut to Stefon Diggs looking on (reference to how he watched the Chiefs celebrate after they beat us in the AFC championship in 2020).

Kind of haunting, and also suggested the possible tension between Diggs and Allen. 

Incredible how much thought and knowledge they put into the five second mention of the Bills.

58 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I predict 9-8 and a wildcard spot maybe depending on how the tiebreakers go on the final day 

@ Jets (MNF) L

vs Raiders W

@ Commanders W

vs. Dolphins W

vs. Jaguars (London) L

vs. Giants L

@ Patriots L

vs. Buccaneers (TNF) W

@ Bengals L

vs. Broncos (MNF) W

vs. Jets W

@ Eagles L

BYE

@ Chiefs L

vs. Cowboys W

@ Chargers L

vs. Patriots W

@ Dolphins W

Of course you do. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Probably more like 60 40 Bills. That's what it was for the Peterman game

We were there. I thought about switching sides after BOTH team's quarterbacks decided to throw passes only to players wearing Charger uniforms. 😂

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.