Belichick Screws Jets on Draft Day

bobobonators

5 minutes ago, Success said:

I kind of doubt this story.  He's vindictive - but I don't think so much that he would change a single thing about how he conducts the draft.  Doesn't seem like his style.

the guy sat his best cornerback last minute and lost a Super Bowl bc of it and we still don’t know why. 

his emotions can get the best of him and his reasoning. it’s his biggest weakness 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Success said:

I kind of doubt this story.  He's vindictive - but I don't think so much that he would change a single thing about how he conducts the draft.  Doesn't seem like his style.

I wouldn’t be so fast to think that. Although it doesn’t benefit him and the Patriots as much, it also hurts a division opponent. I would almost guarantee that teams would take a little less to make a trade outside the division, or to hurt a division rival. Benefits them both ways. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Success said:

OTOH, you don't want Belichick anywhere near your draft room on Draft day.  With the exception of the lines he's one of the worst drafters in the league. 

2 hours ago, bobobonators said:

Trust me, I’ve seen enough of BB to last a lifetime, but this truly made me laugh out loud. 🤣

Wow. The specific allegation is that he could have gotten a 3rd for the swap but took a 4th to screw the Jets.

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

that’s pretty admirable actually.  Still, f*** him and the Patriots.

LOL. What is your definition of "admirable?"

1 hour ago, Success said:

1 hour ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

the guy sat his best cornerback last minute and lost a Super Bowl bc of it and we still don’t know why. 

his emotions can get the best of him and his reasoning. it’s his biggest weakness 

Yes, Belichick benched Malcolm Butler (the hero of the Super Bowl 2 years earlier... the Russ Wilson goal-line INT) for Super Bowl LII after Butler had played nearly 98% of the snaps during the regular season and 100% of the snaps during the playoffs. Apparently Belichick and Matt Patricia had a practice disagreement with Butler during the week.

The Cheatriots*** subsequently lost to the Eagles 41-33.

Good job Bill... you showed Butler.

2 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

His biggest weakness is not having a hof at qb. Check his records without one. 

Feeling like he was on a roll, after Bill got off the phone with the Steelers he called Dominos and ordered 50 large anchovy pizzas to be delivered to the Jets' draft room under the name A. Rodgers.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Haha (+1) 6

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.