Bills Trade-Back Options from Pick #27

ColoradoBills

Still thinking Beane would like to trade back if he doesn't have a clear choice.

I'll start off with a very simple one.

Saints (Pick #29) seem to want a TE.  So does Cincinatti (Pick #28) with the pick directly ahead of them.

I can see the Saints giving up #146 (5th round) and #257 (7th round) to move up 2 spots to jump the Bengals.

This would even be more likely IF Dallas does not take a TE with Pick #26.

I know lots of fans want a TE in the draft.  I just think Beane takes one in Day 3.

What are your possible partners?

Edited by ColoradoBills

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

Trade back to 34 to get Hopkins and draft Campbell and the glaring roster holes are filled for this year. Use the rest of the picks on OL and DL

It's really the only way I would want to get Hopkins.  IF these GMs know more about the cap increase more than us, I can see that happening.

6 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Still thinking Beane would like to trade back if he doesn't have a clear choice.

Saints (Pick #29) seem to want a TE.  So does Cincinatti (Pick #28) with the pick directly ahead of them.

I can see the Saints giving up #146 (5th round) and #257 (7th round) to move up 2 spots to jump the Bengals.

I know lots of fans want a TE in the draft.  I just think Beane takes one in Day 3.

I do want a TE, but I like this trade too. Could still land a TE as well later .

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

It's really the only way I would want to get Hopkins.  IF these GMs know more about the cap increase more than us, I can see that happening.

Not only is the cap increasing but also you can't get a decent WR for Hopkins money these days anyhow. Hopkins is a relative bargain based on what Gabe Davis is going to want and probably get

Another potential trade partner could be the Texans.  They will take the QB and I believe a WR with their early 1st rounders.

They may want to make a big splash in the draft and take a DE if one of their liking is available.

They have way too many pick to bring in all these rookies.  They make a trade somewhere.

Houston (Pick #33 and #104-Top of 4th round) for Bills Pick #27.

Edited by ColoradoBills

57 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Trade back to 34 to get Hopkins and draft Campbell and the glaring roster holes are filled for this year. Use the rest of the picks on OL and DL

So without any knowledge of who would be there where they pick after 34, just take OL and DL? Highly unlikely they devote that many picks to those positions.

Too much Madden playing 

Edited by Big Turk

The obvious ones are the Raiders and the Titans because of their need for a QB and the non guarantee that any of the top 4 fall to them or they don't think they are worth the 7th and 11th picks and want to wait until later. 

Arizona for the Hopkins deal makes sense but its hard to pinpoint exactly cause who knows what grades certain teams have on certain players. 

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

If the Birds are up for it, swapping picks from low 1st to high 2nd and getting D Hop, is perfect.  Maybe toss in a 5th.  Add a year on his contract and smooth it out.  We could still get a young buck WR for the future on top of D Hoo, Diggs and Davis.

This. Take Hyatt at 34 if he makes it there. Then you have firepower to compete 

25 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

If Indy isn't sold on a particular QB at #4 I wonder if they'd want to move up from #35 as they have picks we could use.

Haven't thought of that.  Something to watch for.  Guys on NFLN saying options for them if they don't go QB at 4.

Here are my working theories if we entertained a trade back (not considering who may slip)

1. Arizona: 27 & 91 <-> 34, 105, Hopkins:

We swap 91 to 105 in exchange for them taking more of the cap hit. I think we even entertain moving from 34 back again if a partner exists between 35 - 44. We could potentially add another round 3 or 4 pick if someone is willing to pony up. I think once we secure DHop it allows us to freedom to focus on OL, LB, and DT prospects and select the BPA of those positions.  This is my most likely scenario.

Saints: 27 <-> 29, 115 

If there’s someone the Saints want to snag this is a pretty fair deal for both parties. We net a 4th rounder and only move 2 spots. Not bad, and leaves the ability to trade back again if we felt the need. I could even see us moving 27 <-> 40, 71 if they wanted to keep 29. Personally I like this option a lot. Gives us another 3rd to get a WR like Perry or Mingo.

GB: 27 & 91 <-> 42, 45:

If GB is high on someone and wants a 5th year option on a target (maybe TE or WR?) they could be willing to move some nice 2nd round picks back to us. If this happens, we go LB at 42, OL (Avila preferably) at 45, and 59 is DT. 3 major needs handled in the 2nd round. It makes the gap from 59 - 130 way more digestible walking away with some real talent that early. Definitely going to miss some good guys in the middle rounds but that’s the price you pay.

I could also see the Raiders trying to move 38 & 70 for 27 & 130.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Process said:

A team trading up for Hooker is our best shot. We need him to fall. 

Seattle and Detroit seem like perfect spots for him, maybe they'll look to move into the end of round 1 if he is there. Oakland and TN too. 

These options I did not consider.  Thanks for your input!

Trade back to the 2nd round and draft Washington out of Georgia ...he"s a great blocker and a HUGE red zone target. (Helping the running game and the passing).

Bills tried to go with 2TE's last year, but Howard didn't pan out.Then use the other 2nder to draft a LB or OFF lineman.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

What are your possible partners?

This is a hard year to find a trade down partner for 2 reasons...the draft is pretty much universally seen as weak overall and secondly, because of that it makes the first round really difficult to predict who might be on the board still. 

I like the idea of the Saints, but I don't think Mayer or Kincaid make it to our pick, and I can't see Saints trading up for any of the other TE's.  They could stay at 29 and still get an equivalent TE prospect.  Mayer and Kincaid are the two guys worth making that trade up for, but I think there is very little chance those two make it to us at 27 with the number of TE needy teams ahead of us.  

But if Kincaid or Mayer do last to us, then I think that creates a good trade back scenario for us as I can see teams wanting to move up for one of them. 

Personally, I think it is more likely we find a trade partner in the 2nd who wants to get their guy and also get that 5th year option.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This is a hard year to find a trade down partner for 2 reasons...the draft is pretty much universally seen as weak overall and secondly, because of that it makes the first round really difficult to predict who might be on the board still.  

I like the idea of the Saints, but I don't think Mayer or Kincaid make it to our pick, and I can't see Saints trading up for any of the other TE's.  They could stay at 29 and still get an equivalent TE prospect.  Mayer and Kincaid are the two guys worth making that trade up for, but I think there is very little chance those two make it to us at 27 with the number of TE needy teams ahead of us.  

But if Kincaid or Mayer do last to us, then I think that creates a good trade back scenario for us as I can see teams wanting to move up for one of them. 

The Rams have 11 picks  and none in the first round.

If the right player fell I am sure they would be calling everyone to move up.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I totally agree it's a tough year to trade back.  I personally would like to see that happen, so I started a thread to see if there are any

reasonable situations where it could happen.  I used the TE stuff because between the Cowboys, Bengals and Saints they have a lot of

mocks drafting TEs.  

@GunnerBilland I had an exchange that maybe one of the CBs (evidently better in this draft) might fall and someone could trade up to

get one.

The only other plausible scenario I have is from Seattle and Houston.  They both have LOTS of picks and each team might want to make

a splash by trading up to "be the talk of the draft".  Bills could be in a spot for that to happen.

I know it's all a long shot.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, B-Man said:

Problem is 8 of them are in rounds 5, 6, and 7.  So while they have some ammo, those picks don't have a ton of value, so any big moves wouldn't work.  Rams need too much help.  For example, to move up from 36 to 27 would be about 140 points in pick compensation.  Both their 3rd rounders are worth over 200 points each, so if they included their 3rd we would have to send back our 4th rounder to make it work.  Those picks in rounds 5, 6, and 7 don't carry a lot of value on the draft pick charts.  

So I think they might get more active in the mid rounds though to make some small moves.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Problem is 8 of them are in rounds 5, 6, and 7.  So while they have some ammo, those picks don't have a ton of value, so any big moves wouldn't work.  Rams need too much help.  For example, to move up from 36 to 27 would be about 140 points in pick compensation.  Both their 3rd rounders are worth over 200 points each, so if they included their 3rd we would have to send back our 4th rounder to make it work.  Those picks in rounds 5, 6, and 7 don't carry a lot of value on the draft pick charts.  

So I think they might get more active in the mid rounds though to make some small moves.

You’re not likely to get a player there, but I like to think of them as “Beane Chips”. Something to wheel and deal with. 

8 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

If Indy isn't sold on a particular QB at #4 I wonder if they'd want to move up from #35 as they have picks we could use.

they said they have line of sight on their guy today

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

lets go 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.