Your life hacks

Royale with Cheese

11 hours ago, Augie said:

BUT…….can you paint the fence???       😋

I have dogs who diligently patrol my fence does that count? From one end to the other. Over and Over and Over and over and over.

Oh yeasss another great life hack. Forget home alarm systems. Adopt a dog. Any breed will do that Barks . For the price of upkeep and health maintenance you have a loyal loving friend. Who has many uses beyond home protection

1.    doggie doorbell

2. couch stealer

3. food / leftovers mooch

4.  exercise  enticer with pleading doggie soulful never get nothing ever Ever EVER eyes.

Woof 🐶

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 4/22/2023 at 10:51 AM, TheCockSportif said:

Desk hack.  Don't want to buy a new computer desk?  No problem, attach an old interior door to the top of a dresser.

Garbage disposal hack.  Can't lift the garbage disposal to install a new one?  No problem, buy a bottle jack from Autozone, crank the garbage disposal up to the mount, get things attached, return bottle jack to Autozone.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg!

I’ve built a desk out of old pallets that were being thrown away. 

And for the GD, I’ve used the jack from my car.  

Edited by Just Jack
  • Like (+1) 1

I went down to Myrtle Beach this past week for break.  We drove all night and got there at like 10am.  The kids wanted to go right to the beach, but I was exhausted.  I figured a cup of coffee and smoke a bowl and I’m good to go for a few hours.  Problem…I forgot to pack my pipe and no papers.

I successfully made a bowl out of a granola bar and it worked wonderfully. Just smooshed it all up and then shaped it around the handle of a wooden cooking spoon.  Life hacks!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I went down to Myrtle Beach this past week for break.  We drove all night and got there at like 10am.  The kids wanted to go right to the beach, but I was exhausted.  I figured a cup of coffee and smoke a bowl and I’m good to go for a few hours.  Problem…I forgot to pack my pipe and no papers.

I successfully made a bowl out of a granola bar and it worked wonderfully. Just smooshed it all up and then shaped it around the handle of a wooden cooking spoon.  Life hacks!

Apples and beer cans work well for that too.

Cut the top part of the apple like you were coring it, but leave the bottom intact. Poke another hole at a 90-degree angle so it meets with the hole on top. Put a little aluminum foil into the hole on top, poke some small holes in it, and inhale through the side hole.

For the can, make a dent in the side and poke some holes there. Turn it sideways and inhale through the spout.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Apples and beer cans work well for that too.

Cut the top part of the apple like you were coring it, but leave the bottom intact. Poke another hole at a 90-degree angle so it meets with the hole on top. Put a little aluminum foil into the hole on top, poke some small holes in it, and inhale through the side hole.

For the can, make a dent in the side and poke some holes there. Turn it sideways and inhale through the spout.

Cork, needle, glass works with tight buds but usually used for hash. Find a table lol....

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, T&C said:

Cork, needle, glass works with tight buds but usually used for hash. Find a table lol....

I think I smoked opium this way one time.

Life Hacks!!  

When you tote your groceries out to your car in the cart, just leave it in front of your car.  No need to return it. They have people for that.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Life Hacks!!  

When you tote your groceries out to your car in the cart, just leave it in front of your car.  No need to return it. They have people for that.

Haha... I think the other thread expired on the shopping cart thing. 

I smoked a joint lined with opium once before a history class in the 70's... I couldn't even read the paragraph I was supposed to present. Teacher just said "next"...

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Life Hacks!!  

That is very kind and generous of you to protect the jobs of those simply working hard to feed their families.  Bravo to you, sir!  

You might want to elevate to spilling everything on the canned vegetable aisle onto the floor. They will have to hire more staff and feed more children. 

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

As a former cart pusher, I did not mind going all over the parking lot getting carts, because it meant less time in the store dealing with customers.  Now, as a customer, I do make sure I put my cart in the corral, even going so far as to straighten it up for the current cart pushers.  [old man voice] And back in my day, we did not have these fancy motorized cart pushing machines, we did it by hand! Uphill! (It's true, our parking lot was sloped from the front entrance down to the road) [/old man voice] 

21 minutes ago, Augie said:

That is very kind and generous of you to protect the jobs of those simply working hard to feed their families.  Bravo to you, sir!  

You might want to elevate to spilling everything on the canned vegetable aisle onto the floor. They will have to hire more staff and feed more children. 

17 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

As a former cart pusher, I did not mind going all over the parking lot getting carts, because it meant less time in the store dealing with customers.  Now, as a customer, I do make sure I put my cart in the corral, even going so far as to straighten it up for the current cart pushers.  [old man voice] And back in my day, we did not have these fancy motorized cart pushing machines, we did it by hand! Uphill! (It's true, our parking lot was sloped from the front entrance down to the road) [/old man voice] 

I was just joking.  I put my cart in the little corral thing.  May peace be with you.

Life Hacks!!!

If you want to get out of work a couple hours early, but not use the personal time, tell them your child got in a fight with some MS-13 gang members at recess.  No one will question.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Just Jack said:

😋

school.jpg

2 hours ago, Just Jack said:

I'm going to guess Walmart...

Learn to cook and make your own meals. I'm amazed at how expensive it is to eat out, even at a place that isn't terribly expensive. I'm also stunned at how much people spend on restaurant delivery services like Door Dash - the food is marked up from normal prices, then you tack on a delivery fee and tip and even your Big Mac meal is over $15. I'm amazed how much money younger people spend eating by not buying and cooking their own food - doing this on a regular basis burns so much money!

Edited by The Avenger
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Avenger said:

Learn to cook and make your own meals. I'm amazed at how expensive it is to eat out, even at a place that isn't terribly expensive. I'm also stunned at how much people spend on restaurant delivery services like Door Dash - the food is marked up from normal prices, then you tack on a delivery fee and tip and even your Big Mac meal is over $15. I'm amazed how much money younger people spend eating by not buying and cooking their own food - doing this on a regular basis burns so much money!

and I thought it was just me. Don’t get me wrong, I love going out every so often. Yet, ever since Covid, my family has not spent nearly as many meals out and about. 

I just find it to be ridiculously overpriced, for food that I can generally cook at home. A $50 steak? Come on. I thought I was getting old and cheap (I may still be), but I enjoy cooking up our own for a fraction of that

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

and I thought it was just me. Don’t get me wrong, I love going out every so often. Yet, ever since Covid, my family has not spent nearly as many meals out and about. 

I just find it to be ridiculously overpriced, for food that I can generally cook at home. A $50 steak? Come on. I thought I was getting old and cheap (I may still be), but I enjoy cooking up our own for a fraction of that

Get the Chuckeye steaks... there I believe, are only 4 on a beef dissection... I won't eat anything but them if I'm the buyer. Fantastic... it's hard to cook/grill them wrong. 

Apple cider vinegar (make sure it includes “the mother” on the labeling) mixed with water & dollop of honey (I do one part vinegar to 6-7 parts water so it’s bearable to drink), all vigorously stirred, will knock out your sore throat in less than 5 minutes. It won’t necessarily cure what ails ya or whatever the cold bug is causing your sore throat to begin with, but it absolutely will kill the sore throat itself better than any OTC out there. 

2 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Apple cider vinegar (make sure it includes “the mother” on the labeling) mixed with water & dollop of honey (I do one part vinegar to 6-7 parts water so it’s bearable to drink), all vigorously stirred, will knock out your sore throat in less than 5 minutes. It won’t necessarily cure what ails ya or whatever the cold bug is causing your sore throat to begin with, but it absolutely will kill the sore throat itself better than any OTC out there. 

I use 1 part white vinegar and 1 part water (2 parts if vinegar taste is too much) and gargle with that.  Burns a little at first, but the sore throat is always knocked out.  Gives me relief for at least 8 hours.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, The Avenger said:

I used to actually get pissed at one of my ex's sister because of how lazy she was.  She didn't want to cook or clean so she ate out all the time.  Didn't even want to get it so she DoorDash all the time...even desserts.  She is a 32 year old woman who gets an "allowance" from her parents because she doesn't make enough money for her lifestyle.  Literally, $50 from Door Dash every single day.

Our cell phone apps are filled with life hacks.  I found one on mine that has been a game changer. And a lifesaver. Stress Reliever. Very ordinary now.  But back in the day it would have saved many folks DUI's AND created home business opportunities for many.

UBER - LYFT

I am a staunch advocate for above reasons  . All my experiences positive.

• Like (+1) 1

If you're looking to make a little extra cash, fire up your local sex offender registry and target those homes to rob. They can't own guns and odds of you being able to blackmail them into silence with something you find there is pretty good.

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, LeviF said:

If you're looking to make a little extra cash, fire up your local sex offender registry and target those homes to rob. They can't own guns and odds of you being able to blackmail them into silence with something you find there is pretty good.

image.jpeg.c27b96481e06f879cc52cceab47218d0.jpeg
I always wondered if Evelyn 'Angel' Martin posted here...🤔

• Haha (+1) 1

On 4/23/2023 at 9:25 AM, muppy said:

I have dogs who diligently patrol my fence does that count? From one end to the other. Over and Over and Over and over and over.

Oh yeasss another great life hack. Forget home alarm systems. Adopt a dog. Any breed will do that Barks . For the price of upkeep and health maintenance you have a loyal loving friend. Who has many uses beyond home protection

1.    doggie doorbell

2. couch stealer

4.  exercise  enticer with pleading doggie soulful never get nothing ever Ever EVER eyes.

Woof 🐶

Wife and I are owned by two Basset Hounds.    They sleep and eat.   Sometimes bark at cats.   If you want a LOW energy dog.  Get a Basset.    lol 

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/23/2023 at 7:47 AM, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

The unlimited soup, salad and breadsticks are the reason 

Fazzoli's is better 🤷‍♂️

15 minutes ago, Toomstone.Part.Duex said:

Wife and I are owned by two Basset Hounds.    They sleep and eat.   Sometimes bark at cats.   If you want a LOW energy dog.  Get a Basset.    lol 

If you ever want a on-crack-like, ADHD-like, 24-7-hyper-insane dog? 

Get a mini-aussie.  

On 4/23/2023 at 8:25 AM, muppy said:

1.    doggie doorbell

2. couch stealer

Woof 🐶

I got that covered! 

4-year old Sheltie

2-year old Mini-Aussie

Sounds like I have 48,382 dogs in my house. No squirrel will ever enter my 30 acres without letting me know!

Edited by ArdmoreRyno
  • Like (+1) 2

On 4/22/2023 at 8:48 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

Always keep your small engine fuel tanks topped off, full. Just plain fuel. You'll never have a problem. Totally full! 

Just fired my lawnmower up for first time since October.  No issue. But it is a Honda. I didn't even have the fuel pcock shut. 

Or go electric/battery.  Sunday, I had my front to do, as well as seed a few bare spots.  My neighbor and I pulled our mowers out at the same time. 

I had my front done, grass seed down and raked in and was halfway through watering before he had his started.

I spent a life time wondering if my gas mower would start, did I leave gas in the tank too long? does the carb need cleaning? etc.  I like now like the idea of pushing a button and it goes.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, CookieG said:

Or go electric/battery.  Sunday, I had my front to do, as well as seed a few bare spots.  My neighbor and I pulled our mowers out at the same time. 

I had my front done, grass seed down and raked in and was halfway through watering before he had his started.

I spent a life time wondering if my gas mower would start, did I leave gas in the tank too long? does the carb need cleaning? etc.  I like now like the idea of pushing a button and it goes.

I only use ethanol free gas in my mower, small engine tools... cost's a bit more but everything fires up just fine no matter how long it hasn't been used.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, CookieG said:

Yeah that's great for trimmers.  An electric mower would be dead by the time I am 1/3 done. Highest cost of batteries vs. cheap fuel.

I am not sure. Small yard yeah.

I have left full tanks in motors for years and they start. Most of the time it's a stretch kill cable to spark plug. They got that stuff buried now, can't see if it's grounding out. 

But fuel... Totally full. Leave no air space for condensation to form...

https://www.goldeagle.com/tips-tools/lawn-mower-storage-why-draining-fuel-tank-mistake/

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah that's great for trimmers.  An electric mower would be dead by the time I am 1/3 done. Highest cost of batteries vs. cheap fuel.

Same here. We have a 1 acre lot, 60% of it lawn. For a long time (~ 15 years), we mowed it with a John Deere ride-on. Two or three times during this period it would not start immediately in spring, although we had stored it with a full tank. However, using a syringe and parafilm from my lab, it was always easy to get the gas flowing again. Two years ago we bought a JD zero-turn mower, and so far it has performed flawlessly, reducing the time needed for mowing by 50%.

• Like (+1) 1

A quick and easy way to peel the skins off of garlic cloves is to simply put the cloves in a glass jar and shake vigorously for about 30 seconds.

The skin will completely come off of the garlic. 

Edited by Bad Things
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.