Odell Beckham saga over! He signs with…..

DJB

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Why are we acting like Lamar Jackson is all of a sudden this great passing quarterback.

he never was that

Now he seems to be hurt all the time

Why are people acting like Lamar is this awful passer?  What talent at the WR position has he ever had to work with?

If Hollywood had a 1,000 yard season with Lamar OBJ can too.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Chicken Boo said:

Why are people acting like Lamar is this awful passer?  What talent at the WR position has he ever had to work with?

If Hollywood had a 1,000 yard season with Lamar OBJ can too.

The answer to this is pretty simple
How do you defend Lamar Jackson?

You keep him in the pocket and you make him throw the ball

Has worked so far?

I mean, all of this doesn’t really matter because he starting to become a walking injury

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The answer to this is pretty simple
How do you defend Lamar Jackson?

You keep him in the pocket and you make him throw the ball

Has worked so far?

I mean, all of this doesn’t really matter because he starting to become a walking injury

That's definitely the most effective way of containing him, but that plan might now be limited due to having more than just Bateman and Duevernay on the outside.  

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

It’s a huge risk
Diggs has never shredded, his knee, knock on wood the way that obj has

I hated the idea of Beckham and clearly Diggs was an ascending player without injury. But it’s one year and the Ravens are desperate. Can’t see it changing them major in any way but they are at least trying to get some playmakers and it’s not a major investment.

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

I hated the idea of Beckham and clearly Diggs was an ascending player without injury. But it’s one year and the Ravens are desperate. Can’t see it changing them major in any way but they are at least trying to get some playmakers and it’s not a major investment.

I mean if you’ve got $18 million kicking around somewhere not being used then I guess?

I just couldn’t see us doing that

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Would you like him in a boat?

Would you like him with a goat?

image.thumb.jpeg.53e6707f19b644b07c5822bcf2d4a9e1.jpeg

Not with a boat.

Not with a goat.

I don't like OBJ I say.

But hopefully he is draining the Ravens cap space in terms of the Ravens not being able to pay for decent players in the future.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Is this signing an indictment on the WRs in the draft? Why not try to add talent from the draft? 

My bet is that the Ravens don’t have time for a WR to develop. They need someone who can contribute this season and they need someone who can help entice Lamar to show up to training camp. Also they needed to do something that at least looks like they helped their WR corps. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

unless this helps them keep Lamar, they are not a contender

Don't ya think this might make Lamar stay? 

Baltimore's position has ALWAYS been that he is under contract and he is their QB.

I was hoping to have him land here on a reasonable deal and try to establish himself as a worthwhile risk for teams again.  I guess he decided to take 15M to the bank and not risk it, I don’t blame him.  Maybe the Ravens are over paying him so he can step in and advise Jackson to quit being a dumb ass and sign a deal. 

30 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

My bet is that the Ravens don’t have time for a WR to develop. They need someone who can contribute this season and they need someone who can help entice Lamar to show up to training camp. Also they needed to do something that at least looks like they helped their WR corps. 

This has to be a big part of their thinking.  This is the attempt to give their questionable passer a big time target and see if he can do something with it, like the Diggs for Allen move.  I’d say this is probably more of an “Ok Lamar, show us you are what you think you are” move.  Or it turns into a “is Huntley our future?” move.  Either way, it solidifies their weaponry enough to judge a QB if the guy stays healthy.  You have Andrews, OBJ, and some decent young guys, with a legit run game, if you can do it with that, you aren’t THE answer at QB.   That’s more than most great QBs have to work with and they get it done. 

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

He will sign the contract and play with or without OBJ.  Lamar isnt going to give up that money.  He isnt going to get the contract he wants.  

Probably but I was responding to someone saying that he is under contract right now.

15M guaranteed.  Lol.  There was no way Beane would ever consider that and I’m glad he didn’t.  I think he’s in a good spot though.  Expect a lot of change (and Lamar to be back) in the passing game.  He’ll do well and see a nice share of targets if he stays healthy.  

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Although at first glance this move seems a head scratcher Eric DaCosta is a good GM and Ravens a well managed organization. 
Looks to me that Lamar's path may now lead back to the Ravens this year under the franchise tag, even if they have to top up the 35M to 45M to keep him from sitting out. In fact this move makes sense only if Lamar is the QB. Now watch Baltimore move up a few spots in rd 1 and scoop JSN (who can contribute immediately) or maybe Flowers or Addison fall to them. Receivers problem solved.

9 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

Although at first glance this move seems a head scratcher Eric DaCosta is a good GM and Ravens a well managed organization. 
Looks to me that Lamar's path may now lead back to the Ravens this year under the franchise tag, even if they have to top up the 35M to 45M to keep him from sitting out. In fact this move makes sense only if Lamar is the QB. Now watch Baltimore move up a few spots in rd 1 and scoop JSN (who can contribute immediately) or maybe Flowers or Addison fall to them. Receivers problem solved.

Lol. Historically the Ravens have been very well run, though amorally. But there’s no sugar coating their moves of late. Lamar, OBJ, Roquan Smith, etc. I’m not really sure what they are doing these days. 

24 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Lol. Historically the Ravens have been very well run, though amorally. But there’s no sugar coating their moves of late. Lamar, OBJ, Roquan Smith, etc. I’m not really sure what they are doing these days. 

I don't think Ozzie Newsome is in charge anymore. He was one of the best GMs they have had

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

Contrary to what many people seem to think, I think the Ravens have played this Lamar scenario almost perfectly.  Once he refused to extend, they have used their leverage and won.  A guy all about his money isn’t going to let 32M get away, he will play this year. You can tag him 2 more years in a row for less than you offered the idiot guaranteed.  All the risk falls on him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Where receivers go to die. I don’t mind this. He’ll get hurt, or pissy about the lack of targets/catch rate. Unless he knows something nobody else knows, he’s expecting 8 to be his quarterback, and LJ will have completion totals averaging in the teens, which is where you want them if your John Harbaugh because that means his attempts are in the 20s, and there’s more running going on than passing. 

Lamar Jackson has a couple huge games a year, and those completely cloud the media’s mind with greatness (as a thrower…) and we all hear that and kind of believe. Unless he built a private indoor facility and he’s training like crazy to become a better passer, which I doubt he is, this isn’t going to end well for either player. 

21 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Contrary to what many people seem to think, I think the Ravens have played this Lamar scenario almost perfectly.  Once he refused to extend, they have used their leverage and won.  A guy all about his money isn’t going to let 32M get away, he will play this year. You can tag him 2 more years in a row for less than you offered the idiot guaranteed.  All the risk falls on him.

I agree they played it well but I believe his pride will make him sit out this year. I hope so just to see what actually happens.   

also if he does play to see what type of teammate he has devolved too.  It could be a dumpster fire. And then OBJ starts his chattering.  Fun to watch

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.