TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed!!!

Virgil

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think we have to include Simpson and edge guys in the poll

Strange to me how often it seems to be Campbell or Sanders as the main options in the discussion regarding the choice at LB early. I think Simpson is somewhat more likely to be the pick unless they are changing the approach on D enough to merit a different kind of skill set to replace Edmunds.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Strange to me how often it seems to be Campbell or Sanders as the main options in the discussion regarding the choice at LB early. I think Simpson is somewhat more likely to be the pick unless they are changing the approach on D enough to merit a different kind of skill set to replace Edmunds.

While I like Sanders, he is not a balanced player.  Pass rusher elite for a college prospect, but this is a passing league.....  need to be able to do both.

I think Simpson is more balanced for sure.  Worthy of 27?  No.

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Nice. I think he has the highest floor of all the WRs by a country mile.  No chance he busts imo.  Pairing him with his college teammate adds camaraderie to the locker room.  

The Jest would have a filthy WR room with JSN added. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Yantha said:

While I like Sanders, he is not a balanced player.  Pass rusher elite for a college prospect, but this is a passing league.....  need to be able to do both.

I think Simpson is more balanced for sure.  Worthy of 27?  No.

I agree with all that. There are a few defensive players I like early, but I personally want to bolster oline and offensive weapons.

I am expecting something else because I am a pessimist and Santa always puts coal in my stocking . . . one year it was moldy cheese, not sure what he was trying to say there.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

Anyone want to help me out and make a best 13 players available list for when the Bills are up?

All positions with top 45 grades besides QB, OLB, DB, and special teams

I'll chime in as well.

Just now, Big Blitz said:

Run to the podium and take Addison

I’m not a big fan of Addison because of his limited upside and honestly at this point with a lot of the top receiving options gone (bye Mayer) and us not likely to take the BPA with another pass rusher (Nolan Smith), I say we trade back and get another pick or 2 then we can get one of the plethora of O-Lineman or not reach for any of the 3 LBs people seem to like.

I wanted Wright to fall but I’m not the best at evaluating O line…does seem to be a sweet spot with a lot of guys with some gritty toughness left:

Joe Tippmann

O'Cyrus Torrence

John Michael Schmitz

Cody Mauch

Steve Avila

Dawand Jones

even that freeland kid from BYU has upside

Bryan Bresee is an interesting pick as well but man I want some offensive help to protect Josh and/or give him more dependable weapons 

• Disagree 1

Considerations of BPA

Bryan Bresee DI CLEMSON

Anton Harrison T OKLAHOMA

Jordan Addison WR USC

Dawand Jones T OHIO STATE

O'Cyrus Torrence G FLORIDA

Daiyan Henley LB WASH STATE (although maybe a 4-3 OLB)

Josh Downs WR N CAROLINA

Nathaniel Dell WR HOUSTON

Jack Campbel lLB IOWA

Steve Avila OC/G TCU

1 minute ago, NeverOutNick said:

I’m not a big fan of Addison because of his limited upside and honestly at this point with a lot of the top receiving options gone (bye Mayer) and us not likely to take the BPA with another pass rusher (Nolan Smith), I say we trade back and get another pick or 2 then we can get one of the plethora of O-Lineman or not reach for any of the 3 LBs people seem to like.

I wanted Wright to fall but I’m not the best at evaluating O line…does seem to be a sweet spot with a lot of guys with some gritty toughness left:

Joe Tippmann

O'Cyrus Torrence

John Michael Schmitz

Cody Mauch

Steve Avila

Dawand Jones

Bryan Bresee is an interesting pick as well but man I want some offensive help to protect Josh and/or give him more dependable weapons 

I see this class VERY different to you. If they take Nolan "so I just run at the guy infront of me do I" Smith ahead of Jordan Addison I would be on my way to One Bills Drive to introduce Brandon Beane's backside to a large garden gnome!

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

The Jets are going to need to trade that pick for Rodgers 

I don’t think it’ll take 13 to get Rodgers. His contract is way too expensive and he’s too close to retirement to return that value.

GB might talk a good game about keeping Rodgers right up until before their first regular season game, but that’s not realistic. OTAs start May 22nd so he has to be traded by then. Otherwise an injury to him completely screws the Pack. He’d be untradeable and they’d have to pay him in full this season. 

Edited by BarleyNY

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I see this class VERY different to you. If they take Nolan "so I just run at the guy infront of me do I" Smith ahead of Jordan Addison I would be on my way to One Bills Drive to introduce Brandon Beane's backside to a large garden gnome!

I’ll always lean a little more towards upside and Smith has it. But in saying that I don’t want him to be our pick. I want O line first and foremost and a WR that has the potential to be a #1 if anything ever happened to Diggs, which I don’t think Addison is. 

but he does seem like a solid 2 so I won’t be angry if we draft him 

Edited by NeverOutNick

I'm torn between the massive RT Dawand Jones ("big" help in pass protection), or WR Jordan Addison (still wondering about whether Davis will fully rebound in a contract year).  

I want Jack Campbell but not at 27....

my worthless 2 cents -

From the list you have (man this draft is weaksauce)  ....as a Chiefs fan, the guy I'd least want you to draft is Downs, WR, North Carolina.  Separates, is fast, and can electrify your kick return teams.  YAC for days.  You DONT need him.  Please draft an offball LB.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Zerovoltz said:

my worthless 2 cents -

From the list you have (man this draft is weaksauce)  ....as a Chiefs fan, the guy I'd least want you to draft is Downs, WR, North Carolina.  Separates, is fast, and can electrify your kick return teams.  YAC for days.  You DONT need him.  Please draft an offball LB.  

I sorta like Downs, too. You like him better than Addison?

Alright everyone.  Give me 15 min and I’ll get the poll up.  I need to hobble downstairs to my laptop.  Making one from my phone is a nightmare. 

Let me save you the suspense, half of you won’t like the poll or the result 😋

• Haha (+1) 3

my worthless 2 cents -

Downs is my 2nd choice.  Just not sure you take a slot guy here.  

• Agree 2

my worthless 2 cents -

Would love him in the 2nd but is he really worth a top 30 pick?

13 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

Joe Tippmann

O'Cyrus Torrence

John Michael Schmitz

Cody Mauch

Steve Avila

Dawand Jones

We better not trade down of addison is sitting there for us @ 27.

I’m in favor of trading down in almost any other situation (minus Johnston or JSN miraculously being available). 

what don’t you like about Addison as a WR?  Weight is the only thing I have a problem with. 

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Downs is my 2nd choice.  Just not sure you take a slot guy here.  

Right because we also HAVE an emerging star in the slot.

Let's not forget about Shakir!

Let's not draft a kick returner at 27.

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’m in favor of trading down in almost any other situation (minus Johnston or JSN miraculously being available). 

what don’t you like about Addison as a WR?  Weight is the only thing I have a problem with. 

He is the best route runner of the top 3 guys. And that more than any other wide receiver trait is the one that translates. 

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I hope I’m wrong on him if he’s our pick. His production is fantastic but he doesn’t pass the eye test when I see a star WR. Wilson and Pickens in college popped when you saw them on the field. Pickens especially last year was a guy I was yelling for because the dude fell pretty hard and we should’ve grabbed. He’s special

Addison is a safe pick who will probably be productive for us but doesn’t seem like a guy who can elevate a team as a true #1. Just my opinion and if he’s drafted by the Bills I hope I’m way off. 

Edited by NeverOutNick
Pickens!
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He is the best route runner of the top 3 guys. And that more than any other wide receiver trait is the one that translates. 

his hands are on the smaller side at 8.75inches. But I assume he catches the ball okay. 

I’m of the mind of wanting a wr who either has elite size or elite speed. Addison has a lot going for him but doesn’t have either of those traits. 

4 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

his hands are on the smaller side at 8.75inches. But I assume he catches the ball okay. 

I’m of the mind of wanting a wr who either has elite size or elite speed. Addison has a lot going for him but doesn’t have either of those traits. 

I get it but people are wanting a guy who can be a true #1 and I am not sure there is one in this class. You can't wish one into being (if Johnston is available and you wanna roll the dice on him I get it, he might be).

If you are giving me a choice of a speed / size guy who hasn't proven he can do anything else I will take the route runner every time. Year after year after year it is the thing that translates. 

Edited by GunnerBill

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Downs is my 2nd choice.  Just not sure you take a slot only guy here.  

With Addison still on board, I agree.  

Looking back at last seasons offense, we REALLY missed having a stud slot WR. Josh and Cole had a special connection and it was clear that Cole’s replacements weren’t good enough.  We need more.  

maybe that guy is Shakir?  I’m one of his biggest supporters and feel like he could be that guy.  I love his RAC ability and toughness.  Does he have the innate ability to find that soft spot in the zone.  Does he have enough wiggle and footwork to take corners to the woodshed when he has to get open?  He may very well be a solid slot WR.  But is that enough?  Cole was an all pro slot and we were close to unstoppable with him in that role.  While we had success last year on O (thanks to 17 and 14) the offense was missing what prime Cole brought to the table.  

I think downs could end up being a top flight, all pro slot WR.  He looks special to my eye.  And if the top 3 WRs are off the board, I wouldn’t mind him being our pick.  I think he’s a sure fire “very good” slot WR at worst with a high floor.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

My thoughts on this pick are…

There is a general consensus that there are 4 first round receivers in the draft. There is no consensus what order they go in. One of those guys is left. Makes a ton of sense. Addison isn’t my favorite, but makes sense here. 

Simpson imo is the guy this regime is going to love. If you take Simpson, Campbell or Sanders you are taking the best LB in the draft. You are getting the best player in the draft at a position of massive need on the cheap for 5 years. 

If you go edge player you are hoping to get more sack production on the cheap. We need to get pressure on the QB. 

If you go OL you are settling for second and third rate offensive linemen in the first and that would be a travesty. It’s a huge drop off after Johnson, Skoronski and B. Jones. These other guys have no business going in the first. It’s the mediocre safe play. 

Again all my opinions. 

8 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

I hope I’m wrong on him if he’s our pick. His production is fantastic but he doesn’t pass the eye test when I see a star WR. Wilson and Pickens their last year of college popped when you saw them on the field. Addison is a safe pick who will probably be productive for us but doesn’t seem like a guy who can elevate a team as a true #1. Just my opinion and if he’s drafted by the Bills I hope I’m way off. 

I don't think there are ANY true #1s in this class. I think Johnston is the one that has that upside but he has a very low floor. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

My thoughts on this pick are…

There is a general consensus that there are 4 first round receivers in the draft. There is no consensus what order they go in. One of those guys is left. Makes a ton of sense. Addison isn’t my favorite, but makes sense here. 

Simpson imo is the guy this regime is going to love. If you take Simpson, Campbell or Sanders you are taking the best LB in the draft. You are getting the best player in the draft at a position of massive need on the cheap for 5 years. 

If you go edge player you are hoping to get more sack production on the cheap. We need to get pressure on the QB. 

If you go OL you are settling for second and third rate offensive linemen in the first and that would be a travesty. It’s a huge drop off after Johnson, Skoronski and B. Jones. These other guys have no business going in the first. It’s the mediocre safe play. 

Again all my opinions. 

Bam..... smash......  

:)

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Yantha said:

I'm going RT Dawand Jones.  There would be a trickle down effect with Allen having more time, and would set up our running game that much better.  Davis could rebound in a contract year.

Monstrous OTs scare me.  370 LBs is unnecessary and, imo, shows lack of work ethic.  Millions upon millions of dollars on the line.  Control your weight.  

how many good OTs are 6’7- 350+?

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Monstrous OTs scare me.  370 LBs is unnecessary and, imo, shows lack of work ethic.  Millions upon millions of dollars on the line.  Control your weight.  

how many good OTs are 6’7- 350+?

He'd make a great bouncer, though.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.