Damn. Tyreek Hill is really, really, fast.

Draconator

46 minutes ago, Your Brown Eye said:

I'm not saying he isn't fast, he smoked our secondary during the playoff game two years ago...however...I follow track and field closely, and that race was borderline rigged. The second-place dude is affiliated with the Pony Express Track and Field Club and the third-place is affiliated with the Dayton Track Club.  C'mmmmmmmmmmon. He's not racing against elite sprinters in this race, nobody is confusing the Pony Express Track and Field Club and its members with Olympic sprint athletes.

Just for reference, he ran 6.70 secs, and got 1st. 2nd got 7.27 secs. http://live.finishtiming.com/meets/514614/events/201/results/F/M

He would have gotten 8th place with that time (7th place ran 6.69 secs, 1st place ran 6.53 secs), in the 2023 USATF Indoor Championships held back in February. https://www.flipsnack.com/USATF/2023-usatf-indoor-championships-results/full-view.html

The WR, American record in the 60M dash was done in 2018 by Christian Coleman at 6.34 seconds (i.e. an elite sprinter). He could basically smoke Tyreek Hill the same way Hill smoked his "competition".

that felt kind of rigged.

Important to note that “masters” championships are retired athletes. Quality sprinters from 25-29 years old are competing in the real national championships.

I know college and former national teamers in my sport who raced in open championships into their 40’s rather than race in the masters circuits.

Worth noting, in some sports there is no progression for masters championships. So if you race 6 lanes across every heat gets medals. 1/6 entrants are masters national championships. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, mrags said:

Um…. Usain Bolt is 36

The masters class only attracts those who wish to compete in it. The legit 24-30 yr old isn't going to race masters.  And still smoke him

He isn't that fast. He's football fast sure. But he's not he cheetah he thinks he is

12 hours ago, Draconator said:

This wasn't even close. Quite impressive.

I hand timed him at 13 seconds...

(Shows self door)

1 minute ago, freddyjj said:

Lane 5 guy gives meaning to "I'll be there in half a second".  

15 hours ago, Your Brown Eye said:

I'm not saying he isn't fast, he smoked our secondary during the playoff game two years ago...however...I follow track and field closely, and that race was borderline rigged. The second-place dude is affiliated with the Pony Express Track and Field Club and the third-place is affiliated with the Dayton Track Club.  C'mmmmmmmmmmon. He's not racing against elite sprinters in this race, nobody is confusing the Pony Express Track and Field Club and its members with Olympic sprint athletes.

Just for reference, he ran 6.70 secs, and got 1st. 2nd got 7.27 secs. http://live.finishtiming.com/meets/514614/events/201/results/F/M

He would have gotten 8th place with that time (7th place ran 6.69 secs, 1st place ran 6.53 secs), in the 2023 USATF Indoor Championships held back in February. https://www.flipsnack.com/USATF/2023-usatf-indoor-championships-results/full-view.html

The WR, American record in the 60M dash was done in 2018 by Christian Coleman at 6.34 seconds (i.e. an elite sprinter). He could basically smoke Tyreek Hill the same way Hill smoked his "competition".

Maybe you missed it, but the Pony Express changed the world, and Dayton has a Chik-fil-A.  These guys are legit. 

• Like (+1) 1

Hill is fast, but no football player of any accomplishment has ever been faster than Bob Hayes of the Cowboys. 

1964 Olympic gold medalist only player to win an Olympic Gold Medal (2 actually) and a Super Bowl ring.

His anchor leg of the 4x100 in Tokyo, with a moving start was clocked at 8.6 seconds for 100 meters - that's 26 mph over 100 meters.

18 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

I don’t know who the guys are he’s racing against, but I’ll never forget what Marquis Goodwin said, who was a speed demon in his own right. He said that he always thought he was fast, but when he raced against legit track athletes he felt slow. He said as fast as he was, those guys are “on a whole nother level.” It’s scary the divide between guys like Marquis and Tyreek and guys like Usain and Asafah. And just for reference, Bolt’s split at 60 yards was a 6.32, which would’ve smoked Tyreek’s 6.70.

Watch Christian Coleman’s 4.12 40 yard dash.

4.12 40 Yard Dash

EDIT: Also for reference, Hill’s 6.7 60 yard dash would tie him for the 76th fastest guy in NCAA Division 1 track… this season. The fastest NCAA time this year is a 6.51, so he is at least in the neighborhood of collegiate fast, but not Olympic fast.

17 hours ago, Your Brown Eye said:

It's a MASTERS race.

jeez

18 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

I don’t know who the guys are he’s racing against, but I’ll never forget what Marquis Goodwin said, who was a speed demon in his own right. He said that he always thought he was fast, but when he raced against legit track athletes he felt slow. He said as fast as he was, those guys are “on a whole nother level.” It’s scary the divide between guys like Marquis and Tyreek and guys like Usain and Asafah. And just for reference, Bolt’s split at 60 yards was a 6.32, which would’ve smoked Tyreek’s 6.70.

Watch Christian Coleman’s 4.12 40 yard dash.

4.12 40 Yard Dash

EDIT: Also for reference, Hill’s 6.7 60 yard dash would tie him for the 76th fastest guy in NCAA Division 1 track… this season. The fastest NCAA time this year is a 6.51, so he is at least in the neighborhood of collegiate fast, but not Olympic fast.

I'd like to see the double screen with him & Tyreek .

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.