Damn. Tyreek Hill is really, really, fast.

Draconator

2 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

So what? I wasn’t comparing him to the dudes he ran against. I put his 6.70 time into context which others appreciated. 

So what? Lol, in a post you claim was bringing “context”??!

The only context needed was provided in the word “Masters”. 

It was a masters race.  He won it.  His time can only meaningfully be put “in context” with others in the race, not world class sprinters in non-Masters races.  Not sure how you missed this point. 

• Eyeroll 1

Tyreek Hill I’d really really taking PEDs, 

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

So what? Lol, in a post you claim was bringing “context”??!

The only context needed was provided in the word “Masters”. 

It was a masters race.  He won it.  His time can only meaningfully be put “in context” with others in the race, not world class sprinters in non-Masters races.  Not sure how you missed this point. 

Oh get a life 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

Long time track athlete and coach here. To be clear, this time wouldn't even put him top 100 in the world most seasons. The term "world class speed" is one of the most overly used cliches in football. These guys are elite fast on the football field, but pretty common against the best of the best on the track.

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

you forgot to point out Hill is also not much of an astronaut or executive chef at at Michelin starred restaurant 

Oh yeah, because that’s applicable. 

2 hours ago, Von Braun said:

Long time track athlete and coach here. To be clear, this time wouldn't even put him top 100 in the world most seasons. The term "world class speed" is one of the most overly used cliches in football. These guys are elite fast on the football field, but pretty common against the best of the best on the track.

Careful, don’t provide context or any perspective for the 6.70 time Tyreek ran. You’ll have the TBD trolls coming at you. 

Sad group some of them are.

Edited by JayBaller10
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Von Braun said:

Yep.  I was a lead off hitter in college and speed was my game.  I could keep up with a lot of the football players.

Then I went up against a track guy and girl lol and that's when I learned how much technique was involved.  They looked smooth and I looked like I was being chased by lions.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.