Per Shefty - Bills “expected to lose” Poyer and Edmunds

BeastMode54

I've been pretty big on keeping Edmunds - but I'd also be okay if we used that money elsewhere. They can probably get another effective LB for half the price; not as impactful as Edmunds, but we don't necessarily need that if we shore up other areas.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 4

Just now, SWATeam said:

Pretty big indictment on Tremaine.

Beane talks constantly about drafting and retaining.  But they are going to let a 24 y/o first round pick team captain walk without giving him a second contract?

Edmunds was good this last season, but other than that he's been wildly inconsistent 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

This is both a big "no duh" and also a non story since nothing is even close to official and it's just conjecture in the doldrums of the offseason. Almost sounds like the team is negotiating through the media on this one.

"Expected" to lose... ok, yeah, we've all been expecting it.

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BeastMode54 said:

Tremaine and Poyer. I knew Poyer was gone but was hoping they'd get Edmunds back. And I'm surprised they haven't started restructuring any deals yet, Josh being the biggest one

If history is any indication, Beane will restructure enough to get under the cap before the "ides of March" and restructure as he signs.

I don't expect him to do it all at once.

• Agree 2

I don't see how this is a surprise. I don't believe it is an indictment on Tremaine. He can simply get more on the open market than what we can prudentially alot for his position. Poyer is great, but he's old with significant wear and tear. Cheaper replacements and more resources devoted to oline and offensive weapons is the right strategy. I'm hoping they follow through, whilst anticipating a pretty good chance they go D in the first . . . again.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.