Per Shefty - Bills “expected to lose” Poyer and Edmunds

BeastMode54

Just now, nucci said:

why are you against these guys? Most likely Bills are not offering contracts so it's not like they're leaving because they want to. Plus you can't "send" them anywhere

Milano took less to stay with Bills. Shaq and Big Phil went elsewhere and saw it's not all about the money and came back. At the end of the day what's the difference between having 50 mil and having 55 mil when it comes to happiness and being on a competitive family first team? These guys are stupid rich either way

Just now, KDIGGZ said:

Milano took less to stay with Bills. Shaq and Big Phil went elsewhere and saw it's not all about the money and came back. At the end of the day what's the difference between having 50 mil and having 55 mil when it comes to happiness and being on a competitive family first team? These guys are stupid rich either way

Edmunds will be fine wherever because of the type of athlete he is, people will find a way to use him. Poyer will not be okay if he leaves. He will regret leaving after he gets the bag and rides off into the sunset. Scheme fit is paramount for Poyer imo. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think if all things are equal, he will choose sun and tax-free, unless the offers are really terrible. 

This is quite possible. He may not get exactly what he wants, but be satisfied if it's fair.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

what was the Bills offer to each player so we can compare when they sign elsewhere?

We really don't have any replacements on the current roster for Edmunds or Poyer, which is unfortunate.  How much of an impact their loss will have on the defense will depend on the free agents signed or draft picks made that will replace them.

Edited by jahnyc

1 hour ago, BillsFan130 said:

Good. Spend the money on the offence.

Amen Bro!  Thank God Edmunds is going for the cash, b/c I'm pretty convinced Beane and McDermott love the guy and would have retained him if they could.

Bills fans are about to learn just how replaceable he is.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

I don't see how this is a surprise. I don't believe it is an indictment on Tremaine. He can simply get more on the open market than what we can prudentially alot for his position. Poyer is great, but he's old with significant wear and tear. Cheaper replacements and more resources devoted to oline and offensive weapons is the right strategy. I'm hoping they follow through, whilst anticipating a pretty good chance they go D in the first . . . again.

I like what you said here. And I'm glad the Bills gave Poyer a little bonus this year as a classy way of saying thank you (and maybe avoiding an unnecessary distraction). He really gave us his all,  but this is the business side of things.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I wonder what Tremaine's number is. 

Regardless, he's young enough were you could structure the contract anyway you like to manage the cap hit.  

I thought for sure Beane was going to practice what he preaches with drafting and paying his own.  For all the positive talk they would always provide the media on Tremaine, this action speaks the loudest.

If they both are gone then after we restructure Allen and Miller we should have around 20 million to fill the holes and pay the draft class.  Beane is going to earn his keep this off season.  Going to be some tough decisions but we need to look long term as long as we have Josh.  

1 hour ago, SWATeam said:

Pretty big indictment on Tremaine.

Beane talks constantly about drafting and retaining.  But they are going to let a 24 y/o first round pick team captain walk without giving him a second contract?

I was under the impression he was turning 18 this season.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.