You won't know when it's our time

Mikie2times

2 hours ago, BillsVet said:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/word-salad

(EDIT: not claiming there is something wrong with OP...this is just jumbled words that mean little)

The reality of life is you are either progressing or regressing.  Yeah...Buffalo regressed in 2022 from 2021 which was a regression from 2020.  And now the HC and GM need to improve and they tend to need overwhelming evidence that real improvement is necessary.  And even then, their version of improvement tends to underwhelm, as in their 2022 offensive UFA signings.  

@Coach Tuesdaysaid the administration was a reflection of ownership.  And it is, albeit in this situation extenuating circumstances exist that likely distract them. 

Something's gotta give eventually.    

I suppose progression in football is linear 😂

I will take my word salad to this idiocracy

Edited by KzooMike

great teams always win a WTF title somewhere. 

Patriots sure did with that last Rams Super Bowl that ended 3-2 or whatever the score was. Worst SB I've ever seen. I watched some of the sideline footage the NFL puts together and even players were yawning. 

Patriots had ZERO business winning that SB but they got the ring. 

You don't always win when "you're ready" or even a favorite. In fact, a lot of time the favorite doesn't win. 

That (almost! LOL) undefeated NE team lost. That NE team that went back against the Giants with the same offense lost yet again, and it was a bit less dramatic. But that ghost of a team squeaked out a 6th ring against the Rams. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

I suppose progression in football is linear 😂

I will take my word salad to this idiocracy

Your word salad is all symbolism over substance.  It's that dopamine hit stuff that fuels emotions and represents little reality.  

Nearly everyone on this board had expectations for 2022 that were not met...and now we wait and see what they do to run with the contenders.  And yeah...we will know when it's time...because it's realistically been time since 2020.    

23 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

But that ghost of a team squeaked out a 6th ring against the Rams. 

Gifted a free Lombardi by the Seahawks! Literally handed it to them saying, “ Yeah, we don’t want it. Looking cute is more important.”

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo Boy said:

Gifted a free Lombardi by the Seahawks! Literally handed it to them saying, “ Yeah, we don’t want it. Looking cute is more important.”

still the most vommit worthy NE SB win. 

They run Lynch, Dee Ford lines up onside, and Gruden agrees to let Brady come to the Raiders in 2020 and Brady has 4 rings instead of 7. Obviously that can go the other way too with the 2 insane catches in the Giants Super Bowls. 

It just goes to show how thin the margin is. Goofy things happen in football that can wildly swing your career and legacy.

Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers had a bunch of just goofy improbable things end their seasons in the playoffs that if the game was played again would never occur. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

What are you talking about? We can't win playoff games with Allen. McD has beaten a washed up Phillip Rivers, noodle arm Mac Jones, and almost lost to a 3rd string Miami QB. His defense has risen to the occasion once in the playoffs against Baltimore.  After that epic collapses against Texans, Chiefs x 2, and now the Bengals. 

Without Allen this team would be lucky to win 6 games. 

You don't say.

Brilliant!

What a revelation!

Duh. As with most teams that have a top QB. 

I guess Beane is lucky to have traded up in the draft to pick him. 

Animated GIF

Edited by Dopey

14 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

To prove a point.... 2022 was the least hyped or picked Chiefs team since Mahomes was drafted. Almost everyone had them to take a small step back. Plenty were predicting they would need a wildcard to even make the playoffs. 

They ended up the 1 seed and Superbowl champions. 

I agree with the OP. Winning a championship requires lots of ingredients coming together at the same time, including a stroke of luck. Knowing when that moment will strike is harder.

gotta put yourself in position to capitalize on it though.  Bills didn’t barley changed anything from 13 seconds team to get better.  KC had the parts to make it work with a revamped OL and additional parts on D.  

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

gotta put yourself in position to capitalize on it though.  Bills didn’t barley changed anything from 13 seconds team to get better.  KC had the parts to make it work with a revamped OL and additional parts on D.  

They signed Von as a closer. He blew his knee out. That was bad luck. I agree on offense they didn't do enough. Said that before the season, stick by it now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.