Rex Ryan emerging as favorite for DC in Denver?

Big Blitz

On 2/16/2023 at 10:34 AM, FireChans said:

Talk about asinine comments. It doesn't matter how you felt.  We were top 2. 

Yeah? how did that work down the stretch? 

You're telling me watching those games, you felt comfortable with the defense? 

LOL talk about asinine comments (we were number 4)

Edited by warrior9
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

This is intended as a joke, obviously.  What if that duo had prepped for the Bengals game and called plays during the game.  Would the outcome have been any worse?

The one thing I didn't like about our D under Rex was his system was TOO complex and it seems to confuse players on the field, and it required, at times, big DL-men to drop back in pass coverage, which seemed idiotic to me.

Overall, I bet their performance would be about the same.

Way too complex, when Rex broke into the league much more practice time was allowed, after the CBA that limited practice he was unable to adapt.

19 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

Nope should have been Frazier,  13 secs is the most stupid display of coaching ever and he repeated again our game against KC this past season. He will end up costing Sean his job because he is totally  to conservative and big reason why he had no coaching offers.  Not even an interview

Sean will cost Sean his job. Frazier does what McD tells him to do. With baseball approaching many managers (Aaron Boone for one) don’t make actual decisions anymore, they do what the computer/analytics tell them to do. McD is the computer.

2 hours ago, warrior9 said:

Huh?  We were #2 in points allowed.

We lost to the Bengals because our offense (which averaged 28) scored 10. 

On 2/16/2023 at 5:38 AM, GunnerBill said:

If Leslie Frazier was fired and still wanted to coach he would be hired in next to no time. He got to the 2nd interview stage for two Head Coaching jobs last year (after 13 seconds) and has top 10 defenses in 4 of the last 5 seasons. He would not be short of offers.

When?  Giants GM was just doing him a favour. What does his defences do at top QB'S ,  these are the ones your usually playing in the playoffs. 

On 2/17/2023 at 12:36 PM, warrior9 said:

Fans defending  Frazier need to review our defence and how they did the last 4 playoff games that ended our season the last 4 years.  Not one time did he put together some excellent game plan that helped us to win.  Almost zero big plays.

Watson- lose against Houston and we had 16-0 halftime lead,  could not get off there field in the second half

Mahomes (AFC title game)- Could not get off the field and they blew us out

Mahomes - Could not get off the field and then they end the game blowing two leads inside of 2 mins including the famous 13 secs along with TD on the first possession of OT.

Burrows- Two opening drives to start the game with almost zero resistance,  looked like a 7 on 7 drill . Allowed him to carve us up by playing DB'S so far off the line going against a Bengals Line missing 3 starters and got zero pressure all game long

You can even include the Dolphins 3rd string QB carving them up in our opening game of the playoffs.  You had Diggs just last week before the Super Bowl talking about how KC'S defensive cordinator was really good at putting together game plans to get after the QB and create big plays. Diggs also mentioned how the Chiefs were so young in the secondary and never used that as an excuse.

I really don't care about our defence in the regular season that gets stats against garbage QB'S  with Frazier's soft zones.  I don't believe you need a dominating defence to win a Super Bowl but you do need to have a defence that plays aggressive and makes a few big plays.  The Bills with Frazier are not aggressive and it has cost them.

Frazier coaches not to lose,  end of story 

Edited by Niagara Dude
spelling error
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/17/2023 at 2:04 PM, FireChans said:

Yeah definitely. Nothing to do with our defense that game. I now understand you don’t understand football. 

• Agree 1

On 2/16/2023 at 5:38 AM, GunnerBill said:

If Leslie Frazier was fired and still wanted to coach he would be hired in next to no time. He got to the 2nd interview stage for two Head Coaching jobs last year (after 13 seconds) and has top 10 defenses in 4 of the last 5 seasons. He would not be short of offers.

Why no Head Coach interviews this off-season?

On 2/16/2023 at 8:01 PM, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I believe these come as a 2 for 1 pair? 🤔C0smk7PUkAAxuuC.jpg

what about the chaplain?

10 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Why no Head Coach interviews this off-season?

I don't know. But he will be 64 before next season, is a low key personality, a retread and a defensive guy in a league pivoting to offense. That combination of factors makes him a hard sell to a fanbase. I have thought that basically since he got here. But there are much worse coaches than Leslie Frazier who have got 2nd shots as a Head Coach.

Rex must be in need of another pick up truck with NFL team colors on it…, 

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

We'll I guess not...

Vance Joseph got the job. I was looking forward to Rex returning just for the entertainment factor.

Better for the fans.  That Rocky Mountain sunshine bouncing off those teef would have blinded someone in the stands.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 2/17/2023 at 12:36 PM, warrior9 said:

I agree with you. The defense was awful down the stretch and worse in the playoffs. Too much money spent on an ineffective D-Line. I also think they are not physical enough in the secondary. 

On 2/17/2023 at 3:04 PM, FireChans said:

Statistics can be flawed. I didn't know that Mitch Trubisky career numbers were better than Daniel Jones. Who's the better QB right now? I'm about results, not stats. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.