Top Dawg of AFC Joe Mixon points gun at woman, arrest warrant issued $$UPDATE$$ Charges dismissed

Process

18 hours ago, dma0034 said:

He'll never play again. Wow the NFL would be in quite a predicament if the Bengals had made the Superbowl

Au Contraire, mon vieux, barring future incidents where the victim does not "settle privately", he will be there on opening day as though nothing at all occurred.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

This reads a lot like "the payment came through"

I think the above should read "it isn't clear if she has recanted that claim AFTER a private settlement was worked out between the parties"

I wonder how many of these incidents get swept under the rug because a "private settlement is worked out between the parties" before charges get filed.

Where's that Bengals fan @Caesar to tell us that Joe Mixon is a sober and godly youth who is kind to kittens and carries the groceries for little old ladies in between church services?

Give me his 1300 all-purpose yards and I won't care if he pays 50 people off/year to sweep things under the rug.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Give me his 1300 all-purpose yards and I won't care if he pays 50 people off/year to sweep things under the rug.

I think you need to raise your standards for a player worth sweeping things under the rug for, at least to 2016-2017 McCoy.  Hold out for 1600 yards from scrimmage, MINIMUM.

Here's an idea.  He and Singletary have the same number of Y/Touch.  Singletary has 55 fewer touches, 80% of the touches Mixon got.  So couldn't we just keep Singletary, give him more touches, and get 1373 all-purpose yds instead without "living on the edge" that the payoffs won't work this time?

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 1

If this is true and considering the incident in college, he deserves to get he Ray Rice treatment

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Au Contraire, mon vieux, barring future incidents where the victim does not "settle privately", he will be there on opening day as though nothing at all occurred.

This is redundant and also repetitive.

• Haha (+1) 4

3 hours ago, H2o said:

I am a full believer in you reap what you sow. Mixon is going to catch quite a bit at some point in his life, in various ways I would imagine, that will be retribution for his actions. It's just a matter of time. 

He'll probably get an ESPN analyst or morning talk show job.

17 hours ago, Chicharito said:

Majority of the people bashing mixon will be saying “get it done beane” when he becomes a free agent. Let’s get the whole story before jumping to conclusions.

The court of public opinion doesn't care about the whole story.  They have their red meat and now they feast.

• Process changed the title to Top Dawg of AFC Joe Mixon points gun at woman, arrest warrant issued $$UPDATE$$ Charges dismissed
3 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

This is redundant and also repetitive.

But the third time is the charm! 

3 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

He'll probably get an ESPN analyst or morning talk show job.

Ray Lewis thinks he’s under qualified. 

6 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

There is no way that he will face these charges. The Bengals are kings of this town because Cincinnati is starved for a winner. Here's a picture of the Hamilton County prosecutor 

326832280_894723501675981_1868675491034599620_n.jpeg

so because theyre bengal fans theyll ignore it?

were all Bills fans here, would any of you wish that Singletary/Cook would get off if this happened to them? is buff any less starved for a winner than them lol

if he gets off itll be because of settlement $$ or lack of evidence, sports are fun, these ppl are allowed to like their team and not like big dumb animals pointing weapons in womens faces at the same time

also far right "could" lolllllllllll

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.