Top Dawg of AFC Joe Mixon points gun at woman, arrest warrant issued $$UPDATE$$ Charges dismissed

Process

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

It was a rush to judgment. The victim spoke to the police before my client could pay her off. He’s done that now and he can continue focusing on his career.

-Mixon’s agent

pretty much.  Even if the women made it up, they had time to investigate and generally charges would be filed by now, clearly she just suddenly changes her story   

4 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

Makes my choice of rooting for the Chiefs even more vindicated 

Oh yeah and the other good part about rooting for the Chiefs is all that jealousy and hate they get from the Cheatriots fan base who can't cope with Mahomes having such a great start to his career rivaling Tommy's😂

I hope that he never plays another game but he just might. Questions remain:

Was a gun recovered? Were there independant witnesses? Will the complainant be bought off and refuse to prosecute?

If Mixon slides on this, it will be far from the first time that a dirtbag got over on the system. In fact, Mixon is accustomed to doing just that.

7 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I hope that he never plays another game but he just might. Questions remain:

Was a gun recovered? Were there independant witnesses? Will the complainant be bought off and refuse to prosecute?

If Mixon slides on this, it will be far from the first time that a dirtbag got over on the system. In fact, Mixon is accustomed to doing just that.

His agent said the charges will be dropped, which I think means they paid off the victim.

Apparently this is just a misdemeanor in Ohio, so he should skate on it.

• Sad 1

this is an example of why i don't hero worship players (i might gas them up when they play well for us, but that's just fun!).

most of these guys are trash, garbage, or scum.  the fact that most of them go broke after making millions is enough to look down on them, let alone the criminal and moral stuff.

they look at the fans as good when we pay for them and root for them, and i look at them as good when they play well for my team and that's it.  a fair and equitable arangement!

I realize many of these players aren't the brightest bulbs in the box. But you are a professional athlete who makes millions of dollars. You can live a lifestyle that the majority of people will never have. Why do they act like punks when they have made it in life. OJ is another example of this. He had it all. One of the greatest RBs in NFL history. Pretty good acting career. Working for NBC doing NFL games. Beautiful family and he threw it all away. Makes no sense to throw it all away like that.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.