Bengals' Board Monitoring TBD

thenorthremembers

4 hours ago, Mango said:

In the two years Burrows has started and finished the season they’ve lost the AFCCG and the SB by a combined 6 points.

I’m not crowning Burrow as the best QB in the league or even better than Allen. But for perspective Allen’s first playoff game was his atrocious 1 and done Houston game. 

Knocking Burrows career playoff performance is a weird hill to die on today as a Bills fan.

With John Brown, Cole Beasley and McKenzie as the starting wrs, compared to what Burrow has. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

But I've learned over and over, on this board just this week, if you don't win the Super Bowl your season is a failure. They failed, just like 30 other teams will this year. They just have a sh!tt!er draft position. 

Imo worst take in the world on a QB is going off record and not performance. Put Allen on the Bengals and he has one, if not 2 rings by the end of this year. He could only be so fortunate to have a playoff defense like that. 

I disagree, Allen would have died behind that line in the regular season. But I hate how people think switching QBs be different results. Allen is elite with different traits, his elite trait is not a quick release but buying time and IMO behind that line get him killed.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Mango said:

Their board reads a lot like ours this week. The Burrow is not elite one is a bit much. I think it is Mahomes at 1 and then Allen Burrow as 2a/b. 

Burrow has never thrown 300 and a TD in the playoffs, when you hand the ball off all day then pitch a few passes to the best WR tandem in the NFL it makes you look really good. He's an elite level QB, but has never shown it in the postseason. 

In 9 postseason games he now has a total of 9 TD, 4 INT and averages approx 260 YPG... meh... 

He was an older rookie and going into only his 4th year next year so plenty of time to change those figures. 

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I don't know about that. Threw for 354 yards, 3 tds and put up 32 points in his 2nd Super Bowl appearance. I would agree before that game, but his 2nd Super Bowl was his coming out party as one of the best in the game.

He was probably in that top 3 conversation but if i remember correctly, Peyton was still considered the best in the game despite a 2-0 ring disadvantage. It was probably around when Brady won his third that he started to be considered the best, or even maybe the 2007 season when Brady exploded statistically. 

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

I disagree, Allen would have died behind that line in the regular season. But I hate how people think switching QBs be different results. Allen is elite with different traits, his elite trait is not a quick release but buying time and IMO behind that line get him killed.

Because Allen played behind an elite line this year? Allen's like was below average this year. What makes you think he would get killed going from one below average line to another?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

Burrow has never thrown 300 and a TD in the playoffs, when you hand the ball off all day then pitch a few passes to the best WR tandem in the NFL it makes you look really good. He's an elite level QB, but has never shown it in the postseason. 

In 9 postseason games he now has a total of 9 TD, 4 INT and averages approx 260 YPG... meh... 

He was an older rookie and going into only his 4th year next year so plenty of time to change those figures. 

He hasn't played poorly in the post-season so far in his career, but I'm not quite sure what he has done to warrant the rep and hype.  With that absolutely loaded set of skill players, it's surprising to me the Bengals haven't scored more than 27 points in any post-season game with Burrow, or that Burrow hasn't thrown for over 300 yards in any single post-season game.

3 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

I think he is 5-2 in post season with some road wins.  Vs Allen is 4-4 with no road wins and 0-3 vs Mahomes/Burrow.  Josh's stats are better.  I agree Mahomes is one when you consider playoffs.  I like Allen over Burrow but he did not show it last week.

12 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I think he is 5-2 in post season with some road wins.  Vs Allen is 4-4 with no road wins and 0-3 vs Mahomes/Burrow.  Josh's stats are better.  I agree Mahomes is one when you consider playoffs.  I like Allen over Burrow but he did not show it last week.

Those W/L records are team stats, and Allen being 0-3 vs Mahomes is a little disengenuos because in no way was 13 secs. Allen's fault.

I went to their board to check on reactions. I think the posts Ive read are about as you would expect from a team that coulda woulda shoulda won yesterday if not for 

1. the NFL being rigged

2. missed penalties

3. #58.......sure his play made it much easier for KC to win on the last second field goal.  Ossai is the only guy I have some sorta compassion for.  I think players around the league will see that and think  Yes  situational awareness is crucial. He was a yard out of bounds or I doubt that penalty would have been called. It was a clear penalty from where it was called.  

Losing sucks I know.......

😿😿😿 pobrecitos.

😏

• Awesome! (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Those W/L records are team stats, and Allen being 0-3 vs Mahomes is a little disengenuos because in no way was 13 secs. Allen's fault.

I agree with you about the 13 second thing for sure but W/L constantly referred to as QB stats and while it is not the end all it is justified, the QB has the biggest influence on wins and losses compared to any other position.  This will be talked about in NFL circles until it changes, I understand you may not like it or agree with it.  In the end Mahomes got them in FG position and let an OT drive to win it.  That is a win for Mahomes but I don't see how you can really call it a loss by Allen the way it went down.  

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

He hasn't played poorly in the post-season so far in his career, but I'm not quite sure what he has done to warrant the rep and hype.  With that absolutely loaded set of skill players, it's surprising to me the Bengals haven't scored more than 27 points in any post-season game with Burrow, or that Burrow hasn't thrown for over 300 yards in any single post-season game.

Not exactly poor, but definitely not good either.

Screenshot 2023-01-30 14.18.51.png

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Burrow has a total of 9 passing TD in 9 postseason games. He's never had 300 and a TD in a postseason game. 

He typically hands the ball off to Mixon 20 times a game and let's him be a horse. 

The Bengals haven't leaned on him in the postseason like KC does Mahomes or even Bills do Allen. 

Don't get me wrong great talent but he's never been a big contributor in the postseason to this point. 

Edited by ArtVandalay

10 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

He was probably in that top 3 conversation but if i remember correctly, Peyton was still considered the best in the game despite a 2-0 ring disadvantage. It was probably around when Brady won his third that he started to be considered the best, or even maybe the 2007 season when Brady exploded statistically. 

Because Allen played behind an elite line this year? Allen's like was below average this year. What makes you think he would get killed going from one below average line to another?

Do yourself a favor and don’t engage him in a QB discussion. 

19 hours ago, Buftex said:

Burrow was great tonight...I think he, and his teammates are a bit too cocky for their own good...but I'm not taking anything away from Burrows game. Maybe getting knocked down a peg will be good for them.

I heard/read a lot of crap about how cocky and arrogant the Bills were... but the objective truth is, while it is a fact that our fan-base can be incredibly thin-skinned at times (don't question our QB,or say that we don't have the best team in the league even before a down is played), Bills players were never as cocky as that Bengals bunch.

Going into this weekend, I couldn't really muster up any strong feeling about any of the teams left. The Bengals/Bills lovefest lasted about a second. While their team representatives said the right things, their players chirped pretty quickly. Normally, I would have rooted for the Bengals...but as the game progressed, I realized, my bitter old Bills heart wanted, more than anything, for the Bengals to lose, not necessarily for the Chiefs to win. Sports hate can really mess you up, can't it?

Yeah! pictured me as totally messed up, and still thinking I will be okay keeping up like that! 😃

the net stats of allen vs burrow in the game where they crushed us weren't all that different.

after a fast start where our unprepared d had their pants down, it all came down to quick hitter passes and running the ball for a million first downs.

we basically locked them down w man coverage, but faser is a decrepit turtle of a man so he made sure to keep the area around the yards to go marker open and free of bills players.

burrow is a great and skilled qb, but he's a lot like matt ryan to me.  he's very good at doing what he's supposed to do, and as long as there are good plays called and great playmakers he can tear a d up.  if any of that is gone or the pass rush gets to him, it's kinda over tho.

allen is superman rescuing our trash franchise and dragging us kicking and screaming towards the promised land.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.