Weird day, me or both?

Simon

1 hour ago, Simon said:

I didn't sit down twice for the last hour and smoked a cigar INSIDE the house :blink:

I was pacing and squeezing throw pillows the second half. I was afraid my nerves were going to explode.  I just keep thinking, we are crushing them in every way, except we keep shooting ourselves in the foot and letting them hang in there. If we lose, I'm going to lose my sh$t

Yeah divisional opponent in the playoffs

anyone that didn’t think that -13.5 was bull ***** is a complete fool.

I don’t care they were going to come and fight to the bitter end

maini is a good team - no doubt

incresibke offensive weapons an defense is legit 

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

What can you say when your dumbass coach calls not one, but TWO timeouts when the Fish were down to nothing on the play clock?  Once to wipe out the 4th down stop and give McDaniel the option to punt, and once again to wipe out Tremaine Edmunds making a stop to bring up 3rd and 10.  Weird.

I was mad at McD for calling thst time out on the Fins failed pass, but in retrospect it is defensible. He noticed the defense was not priperly lined up for that play, and he was right—Waddle was open but Thompson overthrew him. If he had not, it would have been a TD, which McD’s TO would have prevented. It only looked bad because Thompson did not complete the pass.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Sometimes I think weird officiating sets the tone in games like this - the intensity is high to begin with, and when you’ve got no law and order (or arbitrary/inconsistent law and order) it can become chaotic quickly and that might be what happened.   Not blaming officials for the outcome but I think the weird officiating made everything else weird.  It was like a 4-hour unsupervised kids’ birthday party in a trampoline park.  

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Sometimes I think weird officiating sets the tone in games like this - the intensity is high to begin with, and when you’ve got no law and order (or arbitrary/inconsistent law and order) it can become chaotic quickly and that might be what happened.   Not blaming officials for the outcome but I think the weird officiating made everything else weird.  It was like a 4-hour unsupervised kids’ birthday party in a trampoline park.  

on a training day for unlicensed clowns..... :wacko:

• Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, ChrisWatson#21 said:

Weird play calling too.  Those deep passes to Davis back to back in the fourth quarter to set up that three and out has made me lose faith in this coaching staff.  If that were Burrow or Mahomes on the other sideline we’d me making our off season wishlists and mock drafts right now.

I agree if it was Burrow or Mahomes they are probably done.  I dont think Dorsey called those 2 plays though.  I think Josh checked to them.  Maybe we know otherwise and I'm just not aware yet?

4 hours ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Also, exactly what is 'Delay of Game'?

For the love of everything holy, yes.  Please NFL explain what is delay of game.  

5 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

That's because you were thinking we might win a SB this year, and you know the way we have played for the last 8 or 9 games, plus today, is in no way good enough to do that. And it hurts.

Yeah, except they won all those games...

• Like (+1) 1

The Chargers Chargered it and blew a 27-0 lead.

The Vikings Vikinged it and blew a terrific season of scrappy comebacks and nail biters

The Bills were very Billsy, but survived and advanced.

Right now that is the only thing I am taking away today.

That game felt like a marathon.

• Like (+1) 1

The time out situations were maddening. They could have whistled any of those plays dead. I was under the impression they do this for player safety so no one gets hurt in a meaningless play. 

But being at the game, and seeing Miami get away with snapping the ball 2 full seconds after the play clock expires was excruciating. They didn’t break the huddle until under 6 seconds remaining multiple times.

Yes weird game.  I can’t remember a game with so many plays that didn’t count.  I feel there were about 5 plays that were run through all the way until player was tackled or incomplete pass. Then after, we learned the play didn’t count due to TO, delay of game, etc

weird situations where the coaches were asking for clarification from refs and game clock kept running.  Happed to Bills on Diggs 1-handed out of bounds, and happened to fish at the end of game where they thought it was 1st downs or expected a measurement.  It was also strange that they didn’t bring out chains for Singletary’s clinching 1st down.

Some long delays like the review of Knox drop in the end zone was 10 mins. I thought it was Obvious after 2 replays.. And then there was glitch with scoreboard clock

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.