Chargers @ Jaguars Playoff Game Thread (i.e. NOT a Bills thread;-)

Simon

4 minutes ago, BLeonard said:

They've been doing that lately.  Last week, a ref smacked a snap out of the air when a team called timeout.

I guess it's so the kicker doesn't get a "practice kick," but I don't like it.  Refs shouldn't be interjecting themselves like that, IMO.

I don’t like it either. If the opposing team wants to ice the kicker without a warm-up snap, the coach can’t wait that long to call the timeout. 

When has it become a “rule” that the kicking team can’t snap the ball when TO is being called to ice? 

Just now, 78thealltimegreat said:

He’s not doing that to Allen or Mahomes he’s in that next year next week Patty with decimate them and leave them in ashes on the  field 

I will say this.  If there’s one coach who could pull out all the stops and come up with a super creative game plan to outfox Reid, that would be Pederson

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

That’s fair, but if I’m an offensive line coach,

I’ll risk those penalties, and coach up my guys to hold him more often after seeing this game. Creating a tantrum and getting him out of sorts is worth it. 

I guess its a gamble that paid of for the jags, there was 2 passing tds that should have 100% been negated by blatant holding on bosa. I would have been absolutely furious if I was a chargers fan. Luckily I'm not and I didn't really care that much who won. But I do think the chargers could have beaten the chiefs.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Herbert owns this loss as much as Staley.  Up 24 - 0 late in the 2nd period and being gifted with the ball at the Jags 4 yard line courtesy of a fumbled punt all the Chargers could do was kick a FG after Herbert missed a wide open Keenan Allen for the TD.  In the 2nd half all the Chargers could score was one FG and missed another. 

Herbert took no chances repeatedly checking down and taking what the defense wanted to give him and that contributed a great deal to this loss.

Exactly!! And that what separates him from being on Josh Allen level. Hebert is built like Tarzan but too often plays like Jane. The question is that on Herbert or is that coaching

Edited by Protocal69
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.