Derek Carr to Baltimore?

BuffaloDave55

23 minutes ago, Special K said:

On PTI, Kornheiser half-jokingly suggested to Wilbon that his Bears should trade Fields and the #1 pick to the Ravens for Lamar....not a fan of LJ, but I think the Ravens would have to consider it at this point.

That would be an awesome trade for the ravens, not so much for da bears

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Lamar has teammates and writers calling him out for exaggerating his injury and not playing due to the contract. If true, who would want a player like that? Who would want a player that would skip a PLAYOFF game just to prove a point?

Because some may think that doesn’t make it true.    And any team without a QB will gladly take him.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Lamar has teammates and writers calling him out for exaggerating his injury and not playing due to the contract. If true, who would want a player like that? Who would want a player that would skip a PLAYOFF game just to prove a point?

Anyone else besides boo-boo foot?

1 hour ago, somnus00 said:

I just want any competent QBs to stay away from the Jets or Dolphins in the off-season.

Carr to Jets and Brady to Dolphins is very likely. Although I think Brady would prefer 49ers. Raiders also an option assuming they don't fire that little troll. Should be interesting 

13 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Sorry i’m not sure who boo-boo foot is haha. But last article I saw said there was one player on the record as saying it publicly a bunch off the record (a general locker room feeling).

"Boo-boo foot" = snide nickname for Sammy Watkins when he was on the Bills. 

In retrospect, probably undeserved because he was genuinely hurting, except IIRC he later admitted he caused his lingering foot problems by going against doctor's advice and training too soon.

I just find it ironic that Watkins, in particular, who took a lot of heat including, apparently, from coaches who felt he was malingering, and who looks more like a TE than a WR at this point because he hasn't taken the best care of his body, is criticizing another player for not playing through an injury that could literally ruin that other player's career if he plays with laxity in his knee and blows it out.

Edited by Beck Water

Having Lamar requires the franchise to be all in and hire certain coaches, draft certain players, etc. and I just never thought the Ravens would resign him. Time for a reboot. Look at how much the team did to make it work. It’s been years now.

People in general have terrible instincts. This was pretty easy to see coming 2 years ago.

Edited by Governor
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Carr to Jets and Brady to Dolphins is very likely. Although I think Brady would prefer 49ers. Raiders also an option assuming they don't fire that little troll. Should be interesting 

I'm thinking:

Carr to Washington

Rodgers to 49ers

Garrapolo to Raiders

Brady retires(again) or 49ers if they can't pull off a Rodgers move

Lamar franchised by Ravens....trade likely

3 hours ago, BuffaloDave55 said:

With all the crap Lamar is pulling I would be surprised to see Baltimore and Lamar go their own ways.  He is not worth what he thinks he is.  Derek Carr would go to a team that would be a divisional contender.  

Balt whole team is based around Lamar and his skill set. Bringing in Carr would require a total revamp of the team. Balt WRs are well below average. Carr isn't elite or franchise and comes with a huge salary. Although I'm sure the Raiders are going to have to eat some of his 40 million. Bringing in Carr to Balt makes little sense to me.

5 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

Baltimore still holds the cards with Lamar.

They can franchise him twice if they need to.

Would that piss him off? Absolutely.

But if they don’t reach a long term deal he can technically still be on the Ravens for 2 more years

QB always holds the cards. Only card Baltimore holds is where they trade him if Lamar decides not to play for them.

8 hours ago, Governor said:

Having Lamar requires the franchise to be all in and hire certain coaches, draft certain players

Agree! Like a Cam Tyrod move. I hated when bills tried the entire ground and pound. Build 52 around 1. OR go get 1 like Josh/Pat/Joe and makes all 52 better.  

9 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

I'll be surprised if the Jets don't bring in a vet like Carr or Jimmy G. Dolphins may move on from Tua due to concussions - or Brady.

Jimmy crack corn (we got Josh) and I don't care. 

Jimmy G is to injury prone. Has he played a full season ever?

Carr is who he is, he is 15-20 rank QB but with the Jets D he be good enough to challenge the Bills for the conference. Dolphins D isn’t that good they would regress.

Brady — to the Jets would be scary he only have to be 2001 Brady and not make mistakes. Jets be hard to beat.  Miami be the second best in the division and perhaps challenge the Bills for the division. But a 1 maybe 2 year thing at best.. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.