Sean McVay returning to the Rams next season

Draconator

Some people have that competitive spirit. Good for him. 

If it's me, and I'm 36yo having already won a Superbowl, I'm saying cya to the NFL and taking the job that pays 2x as much for 5% of the work. 

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

The guy is 36. He'd be insane to step away now. He's got another 30 years to go.

He got an offer to make significantly more money as an announcer. Take a break and do that for a few years. Come back when the Rams have draft picks and cap space.

• Agree 1

Weird dude honestly. Easy for us regulars to say "stay home with hot gf", but its pretty unusual to be competitive enough to make the nfl, be good at it, and be able to just throw the switch off.

Brady still plays. Buffet still plays market. Jagr is almost 60 and plays some German professional hockey. Jordan owns a team, and gambles wrecklessly competitively. Brandi Love... well... you get the idea

Not that McVay is those guys but strange he got to the peak this young, and thinks he can walk away. 

Good 4 him though

Edited by BillsShredder83
  • Agree 2

Just too intense and competitive for his own good. 

Hope this dude can learn to delegate, take some pressure off himself, and actually enjoy the work rather be so intense it’s killing him

8 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

I appreciate that McVay is sticking around even though it's likely that lean times are ahead. Rams mortgaged the next few years for the Super Bowl win. It'd be easy to walk away for a TV gig and wait for the next golden opportunity to come along. Props.

It’s a good time for him to find a legit OC to groom to take a lot the pressure off himself 

• Agree 1

I’m actually pretty happy about this. I’m a lifelong Bills fan, born and raised in Rochester, but I’ve lived in Los Angeles for 32 years. I follow the Rams and Chiefs, and I’ve appreciated how they’ve been developing. 

But I’ve also always sorta like Baker Mayfield— and I really can’t even say why… maybe it’s because of some of the situations that he had to endure in Cleveland, that I felt he handled with aplomb. 

Be that as it may, IMO, Mayfield landed in the perfect situation in LA, with a soon-to-be retired Stafford, and an HC that I feel has the ability to set him up to succeed. 

If Mayfield is smart (and I think he is), even if Stafford commits to another season, and Baker is asked to take a pay cut, he’ll stay in LA, and wait his turn. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I am slightly surprised. I never felt he would walk away last year, but this time I really got the sense that he might. 

That said the Rams were snakebit with inuries in 2022. I don't believe they are even close to as bad as the record suggests.

Ah so were we. Even when Stafford was healthy they were losing a ton of games. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.