Roquan $mith agrees to deal with Ravens - highest paid LB in NFL history

Big Blitz

Been saying this for years - McBeane LOVE them some Edmunds. He’s getting paid, and paid 18+. 

All you capologists have no idea what you are talking about. It’s fantasyland. If they want a guy, they can fit a guy with restructuring and the increased cap from TV and even more so from legalized gambling. The cap is now an excuse to give to fans who are pissed their team let a player they wanted walk.

Ed gets the 5th year so you kick his can down the road like we did Edmunds and see if he produces.

Poyer will stay on a 2 year deal, then we draft O-line, WR and Safeties.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

If he makes it to free agency some team with 100m cap space like Jacksonville will just to say they are trying. I mean, look what they gave wild man Zay Jones😳. Matter of fact, if he makes it to free agency, I guarantee he gets 20m per year. Salaries are just going to get more ridiculous year after year.

They stole Paul Poz that time too! But yeah I agree.

A team with a QB on a rookie contract with a need at LB could go all in on Tremaine. Honestly, I could see the Giants poaching him. I know they need to re-sign Jones and Barkley, but Tremaine would crush it in that defense. The Bears and Falcons could make that move as well and have a need at the position. The Bears have a ridiculous amount of cap space and a QB on a rookie contract. 

Love watching other teams make stupid deals like this.   

Likely means Ravens will try to get a rookie an and win on his rookie deal.   

This representing yourself only works if you and the team want the deal done.  Larvae is an idiot because it’s clear the Raven's want to move on, but he has no agent talking to other teams for him.  

20 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

What is it with the Ravens and players representing themselves?

Lot of money for an off the ball backer. Don't think it means anything good for the Edmunds negotiations. 

Ravens players are nuts. 

We should link back to the thread of people saying he would top out around 10-12 million a year. Edmunds was a beast this year and I think starts at 5 years at $18 per year. I would not be surprised if he gave a little bit of a discount to play in a certain system but I would not be shocked if he is paid $20+.

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, SCBills said:

Why would Lamar be upset they signed Roquan long term?.. He’s the one who said no in-season contract negotiations.  

Im not sure why the Ravens should be giving the “Watson contract” to a guy that hasn’t finished (as of now) the last two seasons… and hasn’t performed at an elite level in the playoffs. 

His only shot is to go to a team like NYJ, with a lot of young talent, that can pay him elite franchise QB $$$ and have a stacked roster around him.  QB6 in the AFC is going to need an elite roster to compete with the 5 AFC QB’s better than him (Allen, Mahomes, Burrow, Herbert, Lawrence). 

I think the Ravens will franchise and look to trade Lamar. Jets are a definite possibility but I wouldn't count Miami out. He's a Florida guy who hates the cold weather. And if you're the Fins who would you rather give a golden long term contract to, Tua who is one head shot away from retirement, or Lamar? The Ravens even after Ozzie's retirement are too smart to give Lamar the contract he thinks he deserves. Roquan was a very good move though imo. Has already taken that D to another level. If they had a decent QB who was interested in playing I think Cincinnati would have their hands full with the Ravens.

Edited by starrymessenger

This was a topic on the radio today. It seems like the Ravens locking up Roquan means they are just going to franchise Lamar for one more year before he gets to expensive to keep. 

I guess they believe they can compete in the division with the Tyler Huntleys of the world in the future and build around their defense. 

Interesting strategy considering Burrow, Watson, and even Kenny Pickett showing some promise  are in the same division now. 

13 minutes ago, mannc said:

I can tell he’s one of your favorite players…

Actually he is but i have found especially since the salary cap has been implemented years ago that there is no way to keep all your players any more with the money that they throw around & then the change in how much loyalty the new young players have is nothing like it use to be .

There are very few players any more that play their entire career with 1 team is basically all i was saying i wish we could keep all of our players but there are only a core few that Beane will be able to pay & with Smith reseting the market I feel he could be gone after this season which is not truly what i want .

But it is the NFL & money os what drives it .

On 1/12/2023 at 5:49 AM, T master said:

Actually he is but i have found especially since the salary cap has been implemented years ago that there is no way to keep all your players any more with the money that they throw around & then the change in how much loyalty the new young players have is nothing like it use to be .

There are very few players any more that play their entire career with 1 team is basically all i was saying i wish we could keep all of our players but there are only a core few that Beane will be able to pay & with Smith reseting the market I feel he could be gone after this season which is not truly what i want .

But it is the NFL & money os what drives it .

Calling him Terrell let us know how much you really favor and appreciate Tremaine.

3 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

This is the first year I've thought Tremaine Edmunds was a quality starter in the league, and that includes when he made the Pro Bowl early on. I'm surprised and impressed —he has clearly worked hard on his game and has finally won me over.

Same

On 1/11/2023 at 8:26 AM, RunTheBall said:

Been saying this for years - McBeane LOVE them some Edmunds. He’s getting paid, and paid 18+. 

All you capologists have no idea what you are talking about. It’s fantasyland. If they want a guy, they can fit a guy with restructuring and the increased cap from TV and even more so from legalized gambling. The cap is now an excuse to give to fans who are pissed their team let a player they wanted walk.

So you are the expert in these matters and know EXACTLY what you are talking about?

What position do you/did you work in in the NFL to be the expert? Curious.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.