Week 18: Pats at Bills, Sunday 1/8 1pm

YoloinOhio

12 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Great news on Damar!  Incredible.  

Does anyone know how the Bills are doing with practice, game planning and preparation for the Pats*?  I can't believe they would be able to function normally as far as their weekly routine would go.  

Having this next game at home will help, not having to travel, being in familiar surroundings, and having the full force of  Bills Mafia there of course will provide a lift.  

It also helps that New England just isn't a particularly good team.  I honestly think we could simply go with the exact same game plan from last time and win a pretty straightforward contest.  The team's mental state is really the only unknown variable here.  The talent gap is large and known.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Feel like this could be a beatdown of epic proportions now

I'm chuckling at the prospect of what an "epic beatdown" looks like considering how the playoff game went last year.  I feel like this is somehow going to end with the Patriots bus being set ablaze or something.

• Haha (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I wonder if the NFL pushes this game to Monday night. This would especially make sensebif they go through with the proposed plan of Bills and Bengals making the game up the following weekend and scrapping the Super Bowl bye week.

Sounds like they're cancelling the Bills-Bengals game now; it won't be finished.

44 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Great news on Damar!  Incredible.  

Does anyone know how the Bills are doing with practice, game planning and preparation for the Pats*?  I can't believe they would be able to function normally as far as their weekly routine would go.  

Having this next game at home will help, not having to travel, being in familiar surroundings, and having the full force of  Bills Mafia there of course will provide a lift.  

Yesterday it was reported they had meetings and a walk-through practice.  That implies the coaches have been "on it" putting together a game plan that they're installing.  It's usual, I believe, for the Weds after a Mon game to be a walk-through.

It was probably pretty hard for them to focus.  It's said that an update from Damar's father was part of the team meeting, so that probably helped a lot.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Beck Water said:

Yesterday it was reported they had meetings and a walk-through practice.  That implies the coaches have been "on it" putting together a game plan that they're installing.  It's usual, I believe, for the Weds after a Mon game to be a walk-through.

It was probably pretty hard for them to focus.  It's said that an update from Damar's father was part of the team meeting, so that probably helped a lot.

And they were reported to be practicing today. 

39 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I wonder if the NFL pushes this game to Monday night. This would especially make sensebif they go through with the proposed plan of Bills and Bengals making the game up the following weekend and scrapping the Super Bowl bye week.

They won’t imo.  Ncaa championship game is Monday night 

9 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I was trying to think back to week three, and whether Wednesday practice was only a walk through after the Titans game. I thought it was.

37 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Sounds like they're cancelling the Bills-Bengals game now; it won't be finished.

Adam Shefter was just on ESPN and he doesn't believe the game will be replayed.  He said everyone is considering it "bad mojo."

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Adam Shefter was just on ESPN and he doesn't believe the game will be replayed.  He said everyone is considering it "bad mojo."

I've accepted that it's likely KC will back into the 1 seed.

It's cool.  I really like our chances no matter what happens.  I have a feeling this team is going to play w/ real inspiration the rest of the way.

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Success said:

I've accepted that it's likely KC will back into the 1 seed.

It's cool.  I really like our chances no matter what happens.  I have a feeling this team is going to play w/ real inspiration the rest of the way.

Our season has been difficult all year with everything that piled on our team this year.  The Bills still pulled through.  I am not counting this team out no matter what seed they get.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Not only would it be "bad mojo", but it would be an unfair advantage to the other playoff teams to make the Bills and Bengals squeeze in another game right before the playoffs start.....lets just move past that game and focus on the Pats game. If the Bills have to go on the road to play KC in the playoffs, so be it. It stinks to lose the chance at home field advantage, but I believe the Bills will be up to the task no matter where they have to play.

Go Bills!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.