Damar Hamlin - Now (1/11/2023) discharged from Buf Gen & “recovering at home”

SDS

1 minute ago, JimBob2232 said:

Seems legit. Lots of big time people retweeting it.  Looks like Jordan is hamlins  and marketing agent. 

The guy has an agency page that listed Hamlin as a client even prior to today 

it would be a weird long con to fraudulently do that and never be noticed for an extended stretch… just to do this?

13 minutes ago, CDogg20 said:

My brain is scattered as are most peoples i’m sure my apologies. But I guess his close personal friend and marketing rep tweeted “his vitals are back to normal and they have put him to sleep to put a breathing tube down his throat. They are currently running tests” 

No problem, I have been corrected.  But being "put to sleep" jarred me. 

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The league didn't leave it to them.

The league's response was to resume the game after a 5 minute delay.

Not sure how closely you are following this on ESPN but this point is fairly clear from the reporting there.

The players/teams/coaches then told the league "NO, we are not playing again tonight."

I don't see anything on ESPN site saying this.  We heard Buck say something like this very early in the incident.  

I'm sure there's more to this unprecedented sequence of events than your post has grasped....

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Success said:

I kind of feel the same way. Those guys always put the dollar first, so they're easy to criticize. But I had my own denial about the situation tonight, for awhile.  I kept thinking he'd pop back up, and then I thought we'd see one of those "thumbs up" signs if he was carted off or something.

It really took me awhile to grasp how bad this is, even after seeing some of the players looking pretty shaken up.  

Completely agree. I too was (foolishly) expecting that thumbs-up sign by Damar.

This was a crisis situation. People that have never been involved in these types of situations don’t appreciate how fluid they are and also how mistakes can be made by really Sophisticated people and organizations. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

WOW!  I'm sorry but being "put to sleep" seems an inappropriate choice of words in this situation, regardless of where it came from.

I get what you’re saying, and we’re all very upset right now, so it doesn’t take much to set us off. That’s the reason why I asked the question about with the proper verbiage me a medically induced coma.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Imagine being this trauma care team. You know they were watching the Bengals game on during their shift. And seeing an injury happen live that you know you are about to save his life………… 

I think you have no idea what working in a busy hospital is like, they aren't sitting around watching tv.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

How many times have we watched players stretchered off the field only to have the game resumed in a minute or two?  Not sure why people are so hard on the league here; I guess because it's a Bill.

Christ, when Ryan Shaziar had his career ended, he was carted off the field unable to move his body from neck down.

The game resumed in a few minutes.

I’d normally agree…but how often has a player gotten his jersey cut off and received an AED and had cpr performed for 8 minutes.  There is just not really any precedence for this situation in football…even including the grisly neck injuries.  This was on another level entirely 

even a minute or two slower response and Hamlin could’ve died on the field…this was an absolute crisis situation 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.