Bills open as 1.5 point favorites against Bengals(O/U 49)

Big Turk

5 hours ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

I'm always curious about what people mean by a complete game.  A game with no mistakes?  Well that happens once in a blue moon.  Cincy is tough but not some historic juggernaut.  Maybe we'll turn the ball over to them and then they'll cough it up right back.  You just need more points at the end of 60 minutes.

It is not a big mystery, McD talks about it all the time.

Complimentary football in all 3 phases (offense, defense, and special teams) for 60 minutes.

That is different than saying mistake free, but limiting execution mistakes will help each phase have a strong complimentary game.

We do that, there are few teams that hang with us.

Looking forward to the Bengals game. 

If we can successfully keep running the ball, that will change opposing defensive strategies against us. It will be up to Dorsey how we call each game to best take advantage of our abilities. If done properly it could be a nightmare for our opponents. We just need to remain patient offensively. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, CSBill said:

A win next week will not lock up the number 1 seed, KC is still lurking. If they win out and we lose one, it's theirs.

A win next week and a KC loss will guarantee us the 1 seed. Because even if the Chiefs won week 18 and we lost, our records would be tied with us having the head to head. I don't see the Chiefs losing but if they do, we can go into Monday just needing that win to clinch the 1 seed

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

I don’t know man.  They went to the SB last year and are on a 7 game win streak right now .  Trying to rank the Bills, Bengals and Chiefs is really hard.

Yeah, I use the DVOA ranking as a gauge on who's truly playing the best at any given time. Right now it's

Bills

Chiefs

Bengals

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/team-efficiency/2022/regular?check_logged_in=1

13 hours ago, cd1 said:

At some point SOON the Bills are going to NEED Josh Allen to get his head back in the game.

It is ridiculous to think the Bills will just coast to a Super Bowl Win just because we have Josh Allen on our team.

These errant throws over the heads of receivers or ending in interceptions are going bite the Bills in the ass when facing more formidable opponents.

Did you watch the Miami game, or do you have short term memory loss issues?

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Can't wait

A W and we have 3 straight home games.  And players staff can set up shop in WNY for a month and get to the SB

As long as we win and then take care of the Pats in Week 17. You may think that's a foregone conclusion but the Pats would probably like nothing more than to keep us from the 1 seed and will likely be playing hard. I just don't think it will matter.

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

As long as we win and then take care of the Pats in Week 17. You may think that's a foregone conclusion but the Pats would probably like nothing more than to keep us from the 1 seed and will likely be playing hard. I just don't think it will matter.

Absolutely no layup. Even if they're out of the playoffs, they'll bring everything they have,  completely open the play book. Definitely no gimmie 

14 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Bills were 1.5 favorites even before the two played today.

It’s imperative we beat CIN next week and lock up the 1 seed, because it’d all but ensure KC and CIN have to face off while the Bills get the 4 or 5 seed in the divisional round. 

This. The biggest benefit for being the 1 seed is not having to beat both KC and Cincinnati 

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

His statement about 3 straight home games is accurate.  We win, we at least lock up the two seed, which guarantees at least 1st and 2nd round of playoffs at home.  But would def be better to up that to the one seed, and just skip 1st round altogether.

5 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

His statement about 3 straight home games is accurate.  We win, we at least lock up the two seed, which guarantees at least 1st and 2nd round of playoffs at home.  But would def be better to up that to the one seed, and just skip 1st round altogether.

Oh...yeah that is right. Forgot we have no chance of having to play a higher seed in that situation.

Key matchups

Tre White vs. Chase

Jackson, Johnson, Elam vs. Higgins & Boyd

Milano vs. Mixon

Pass Rush getting to Burrow, Cinci's O-line is pedestrian, and Collins may be out.

Can Groot have a TJ Watt type of day, esp if he lines up against a backup LT?

Allen needs to eliminate the mistakes, and Dorsey needs to scheme against Cinci's meh corners.

19 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

On the road?  Bengals hotter than we are, arguably.

I'd have the spread the other way around, but I don't gamble.

Vegas has loved the Bills all year…their record vs the spread is well below .500 despite being 12-3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.