NFL grants YouTube TV exclusive NFL Sunday Ticket rights in the US starting in 2023(deal worth $2B+)

Big Turk

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I'm getting the same "verify your current playback area" on all my devices except the laptop I purchased

the student discount on.  I get all the games there and I'm using an HDMI cable into my smart tv.

Did you also have the student discount?

I'm trying to figure out why that's happening.

No student discount.  This is the most infuriating thing I’ve seen yet.

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

No student discount.  This is the most infuriating thing I’ve seen yet.

I can get the games on my laptop and tablet.

When I try to watch on the TV it gives the "location" thing.  Even when I try to cast it from my tablet.

If you have a smart tv that uses a google account (used by youtube) check to make sure it's the same

and you are logged in correctly.  That's all I got to try.

I'm going to google it because I'm positive we are not the only ones!

8 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I can get the games on my laptop and tablet.

When I try to watch on the TV it gives the "location" thing.  Even when I try to cast it from my tablet.

If you have a smart tv that uses a google account (used by youtube) check to make sure it's the same

and you are logged in correctly.  That's all I got to try.

I'm going to google it because I'm positive we are not the only ones!

Same thing.  I can pull it up on my phone but not TV.  I wonder if my TV is too old.

Someone help me out.  Is you tube different than you tube tv?  On our TV (which is like 7 years old) we can go to things like Amazon TV, Netflix, and you tube.  I can pull up you tube videos on this TV as well as shows on the other services.  But today when we try to bring up the games it keeps asking to verify our location.  And we try to do that with no success.  I am able to watch games on my phone though.  So what is going on?

Edited by oldmanfan

17 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I personally have had a great YTTV experience today. No glitches or issues, multiview is cool, it's pretty easy to switch to other teams. I previously had Hulu Live and had issues all the time so I'm happy.

Good especially 4 games at once. There was a couple freezes but pretty good.

35 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Someone help me out.  Is you tube different than you tube tv?  On our TV (which is like 7 years old) we can go to things like Amazon TV, Netflix, and you tube.  I can pull up you tube videos on this TV as well as shows on the other services.  But today when we try to bring up the games it keeps asking to verify our location.  And we try to do that with no success.  I am able to watch games on my phone though.  So what is going on?

Yes, YouTube and YoutubeTV are 2 different apps.

If you don't use YTTV for streaming, and just signed for Sunday Ticket...then you should open YouTube app.  Then log in with your credentials and should see NFL live streaming.

6 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Yes, YouTube and YoutubeTV are 2 different apps.

If you don't use YTTV for streaming, and just signed for Sunday Ticket...then you should open YouTube app.  Then log in with your credentials and should see NFL live streaming.

But when we do that it keeps asking us to verify our location.  We go to YouTube/location and it asks us to put in the email.  We do that then give the password and when we try to open the game it goes right back to the verify thing.

We think it may be that our TV is under one email address and the You Tube NFL package is under another?

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

But when we do that it keeps asking us to verify our location.  We go to YouTube/location and it asks us to put in the email.  We do that then give the password and when we try to open the game it goes right back to the verify thing.

We think it may be that our TV is under one email address and the You Tube NFL package is under another?

Your last comment is likely the issue.

I have mine setup, both smart TV and YouTube under same email account (it's on an android/Google system).  You might want to log out, at the home screen of your apps (log out of TV) and see if that works.

41 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

How do you get 4 games at once?  Do you select one of the many multi view options only?  Or can you go in and select any 4 games of your choosing?

There is a "multiview" button.  They select about 8 combinations of 4 games, which for the early slate doesn't cover them all.  And you can't pick what 4 teams you want.  Hopefully they either give every combination or allow you to choose.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JDubya76 said:

I have a Samsung smart TV but all I’m doing is pushing the down arrow to get to the description and you can access multiview, networks, stats, key plays, scores, fantasy and more.

We decided to try out the YYTV full package for live TV and HBO max as well. Compared to DIRECTV I believe we pay $82 for YouTube and then 15 for HBO Max. I’m totally digging not having a dish. Not to mention, I think my last DIRECTV bill was 240something, so liking the savings as well.

Ahh I am using the appletv app was gonna try the samnsugntv plus app another time.  Might be better navigation with remote

37 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Your last comment is likely the issue.

I have mine setup, both smart TV and YouTube under same email account (it's on an android/Google system).  You might want to log out, at the home screen of your apps (log out of TV) and see if that works.

We changed to having the same email for each.  Still trying to figure it out

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I personally have had a great YTTV experience today. No glitches or issues, multiview is cool, it's pretty easy to switch to other teams. I previously had Hulu Live and had issues all the time so I'm happy.

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

Youtube.TV knocked it out of the park with Sunday tickets first slate of games. 

I gave it a good grade to for the early games, since Bills weren't on, used multi view, everything great.

Now have the late games there are a total of 5 games on right now.  For the four games I want to choose  all of them except the Raiders Denver game.  That is the one choice that is not there.   In the early time slot, they had about 10 different options to pick from.  With only 5 games total lot less options, they only give 3 and not the one I want.  This sucks!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, JDubya76 said:

I have a Samsung smart TV but all I’m doing is pushing the down arrow to get to the description and you can access multiview, networks, stats, key plays, scores, fantasy and more.

We decided to try out the YYTV full package for live TV and HBO max as well. Compared to DIRECTV I believe we pay $82 for YouTube and then 15 for HBO Max. I’m totally digging not having a dish. Not to mention, I think my last DIRECTV bill was 240something, so liking the savings as well.

Thanx didn’t know that existed cool

Can you easily switch back and forth between various games/channels without having to go into unwieldy menus?

Can you set it up like DTV where you only had 3-4 channels active that you could easily scroll through with one button?

5 minutes ago, Simon said:

Can you easily switch back and forth between various games/channels without having to go into unwieldy menus?

Can you set it up like DTV where you only had 3-4 channels active that you could easily scroll through with one button?

Not that I could figure out. But moving between games, being able to sort of choose the multiview ya wanted and move between the games was nice.  The. The pip or fast swapping doesn’t exist.   I am very surprised was expecting a disaster I had DTV since 1995 and I,love that I can pause a game in the YTTV app so I can sync Audi I want

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Xwnyer said:

But moving between games, being able to sort of choose the multiview ya wanted and move between the games was nice.

I'm still not sure I have a grasp on what this "multiview" is.

Is it 4 games on the screen at once?

3 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I gave it a good grade to for the early games, since Bills weren't on, used multi view, everything great.

Now have the late games there are a total of 5 games on right now.  For the four games I want to choose  all of them except the Raiders Denver game.  That is the one choice that is not there.   In the early time slot, they had about 10 different options to pick from.  With only 5 games total lot less options, they only give 3 and not the one I want.  This sucks!

You won’t get local games on Sunday Ticket, you’ve never been able to do that.  It can only show the games allowed.  Has nothing to do with YouTube.  Check CBS or Fox, that’s where your game was you wanted because it was being broadcast on one of them in your area.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You won’t get local games on Sunday Ticket, you’ve never been able to do that.  It can only show the games allowed.  Has nothing to do with YouTube.  Check CBS or Fox, that’s where your game was you wanted because it was being broadcast on one of them in your area.  

Not the case.  There were 5 games on late today.  The map below show the games on and the yellow dot represents my home market.  Thru YTTV I was able to all choose from the 5 games being televised which ones I wanted to watch in multiview but not the 4 I wanted to view at the same time.  At one point I had the NE, Denver, Rams, & Bears, at another point I had Fish, Rams, Bears, & Redzone.  But could not pick the 4 I wanted which were NE, Fish, Rams, & Bears. 

So the fact that at any time could watch the local televised games in multiview, just not with the others that I wanted tells me it was a different issue.  Basically they are not giving all options of all games.

image.png.75d7c1b63b731a54330303aa80010b6e.png

6 hours ago, Doc said:

There is a "multiview" button.  They select about 8 combinations of 4 games, which for the early slate doesn't cover them all.  And you can't pick what 4 teams you want.  Hopefully they either give every combination or allow you to choose.

That's what I thought, just wanted to make sure it wasn't user error.  Last year with DTV streaming version you could select the 4 individual games you wanted on screen at once. 

3 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Not the case.  There were 5 games on late today.  The map below show the games on and the yellow dot represents my home market.  Thru YTTV I was able to all choose from the 5 games being televised which ones I wanted to watch in multiview but not the 4 I wanted to view at the same time.  At one point I had the NE, Denver, Rams, & Bears, at another point I had Fish, Rams, Bears, & Redzone.  But could not pick the 4 I wanted which were NE, Fish, Rams, & Bears. 

So the fact that at any time could watch the local televised games in multiview, just not with the others that I wanted tells me it was a different issue.  Basically they are not giving all options of all games.

image.png.75d7c1b63b731a54330303aa80010b6e.png

Weird because I only had 3 available games on Sunday ticket because both Rams/Sea and LAC/Mia were on CBS and Fox.  So they were not even listed in mine and had to watch them on CBS and Fox.

I would think if Fox or CBS were airing games in your region, those games should also be blacked out on Sunday Ticket which has always been the case at least here. 

Or maybe they only do that in major markets or something, not sure what market you live, but maybe that is why.  I’ve only ever lived in large markets so it’s always been this way since I first got Sunday Ticket.  

5 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Weird because I only had 3 available games on Sunday ticket because both Rams/Sea and LAC/Mia were on CBS and Fox.  So they were not even listed in mine and had to watch them on CBS and Fox.

I would think if Fox or CBS were airing games in your region, those games should also be blacked out on Sunday Ticket which has always been the case at least here. 

Or maybe they only do that in major markets or something, not sure what market you live, but maybe that is why.  I’ve only ever lived in large markets so it’s always been this way since I first got Sunday Ticket.  

It could be that multiview was pulling the "local" game off the local channel, but either way was giving me the games, just not he choice of the 4 I wanted.  If that was true that's actually better than what DTV did

12 hours ago, Simon said:

Are you watching on youtube tv, or just youtube?  on youtube tv you can create custom channel guides where you can show and hide channels.  You have to create those on the app on a phone or through youtube tv on a internet browser.  Also on youtube tv, if you hit the down arrow twice, you can go to networks and it will bring up other networks you can switch to.

The redzone was much better than directv. The quick switching to games meant you always had live action. Directv would stick to one game for too long. Also the TD recap was great and directv would sign off with only one game remaining and tell you to watch it on other channel. Also read where youtube working on letting you select which games in multiview.

4 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

It could be that multiview was pulling the "local" game off the local channel, but either way was giving me the games, just not he choice of the 4 I wanted.  If that was true that's actually better than what DTV did

You know something else I just realized too...We did not sign up for YoutubeTV, we just paid for Sunday Ticket because we get free Spectrum as my wife works for them doing the sports marketing for the Lakers and Dodgers.  So YoutubeTV was a waste...for us.  But the difference for us is that to watch the local affiliate game, I have to use another app (Spectrum) where as if you have YoutubeTV subscription then it will already have the local affiliates in it and will show that game too, which is probably why it showed you all 5 games because the app you are using is both your TV subscription and Sunday Ticket. 

That is something DirecTV never did, because Sunday Ticket was a separate app (if using apps) and also would not show blacked out games because it had no access to those channels from within the app.

So that must be why my Sunday Ticket on Youtube just gave me the 3 Sunday Ticket games I am guessing, where you are probably a YoutubeTV Subscriber and could see all 5 since Sunday Ticket is built into YoutubeTV rather than a separate app.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I noted that also. Tip- if you have red zone that can be one of the screens. What I thought was fantastic was the local games

that would have been blocked by Sunday ticket allowed the local broadcast to be one of the multi view games. But I agree it would be nice if they had all the combinations available 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.