NFL grants YouTube TV exclusive NFL Sunday Ticket rights in the US starting in 2023(deal worth $2B+)

Big Turk

5 hours ago, BillsFanSD said:

On one hand, I'm happy that I can finally ditch DirecTV, which is wildly overpriced.

On the other hand, I'm not happy about the Ticket landing on YouTube TV, which is also wildly overpriced.

I would have greatly preferred Amazon, Apple, Disney, or any other service that doesn't bundle football with a bunch of other channels that I don't want.

YouTube TV isn’t overpriced …….you can share it with up to 4 people. I share it with 4  other people ……we split it $15 a month.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, nucci said:

can you sway me on youtube TV over Hulu Live, please? I'm switching soon and can't decide. Thanks

YouTube allows 3 viewers simultaneously and the dvr is fantastic. I looked into switching, couldn’t find anything better and wife refused to give it up also. Works very well…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I use Hulu Live in my home and there is about a 30 second delay on broadcasts compared to cable, although I typically watch Bills games elsewhere to avoid that problem. But when I have watched the Thursday night games this year on Amazon there doesn't appear to be any kind of delay. So the delay might not be inherent to streaming, it might just be a Hulu/YouTube thing. Hopefully they get it fixed for the Sunday ticket package because following along with the games on here or on Twitter would not be fun if the stream was behind everyone else.

Google has some of the most sophisticated networking hardware on the planet. Also, youtube live streaming has less of a delay so this seems very, very likely some stupid agreement crap they came up with the NFL to delay it on purpose. 

If they put a delay on Sunday ticket.. I'd be seriously annoyed.

Edited by Malazan

3 hours ago, WideNine said:

Sunday Ticket has often been glitchy with the lag, video caching, and hanging.

You have to think that when it comes to high-demand video streaming that YouTube probably will have a better solution.

I've had Sunday Ticket for the past 3 years and DirecTV is an absolute embarrassment.

I've been locked out of my account or had issues streaming or the app has crashed about a dozen times.

Not to mention the ridiculous policy where you have to have SATELLITE DISH to use DirecTV services??

Horrible company and I'm glad they've finally been replaced by a competent provider.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

THey also will have more people to sell to, lots of people did not want a dish on their house.  

That's why I brevet signed up.  I am out of market and did some crazy stuff to avoid a satellite dish, including reddit, slingbacks and ebay scams.

I cancelled my DirecTv today, effective Jan. 9th. I suggest others that are going to cancel do the same as I was able to get right to a customer rep. They will be sending me boxes with instructions on what to ship back. The dish I am responsible to dispose of as I see fit.

25 minutes ago, Beast said:

I cancelled my DirecTv today, effective Jan. 9th. I suggest others that are going to cancel do the same as I was able to get right to a customer rep. They will be sending me boxes with instructions on what to ship back. The dish I am responsible to dispose of as I see fit.

I really was hoping to keep directv sat for NFLST i like the PIP feature and fast switching between games along with controls to FF pause and rewind,  hope the YTTV an interface allows the same.  I did not realize i could  cancel on an effective date May wait till after first of year to call anyways.  With free spectrum at my new home hard to see keeping DTV and installing A dish.  May lose my HBO max 

45 minutes ago, Beast said:

Be sure to keep your shipping receipt as proof you sent it back to them.

I've had 2 friends who months later DirecTV said they never received them.

It's a big hassle if you don't have the proof.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Xwnyer said:

I really was hoping to keep directv sat for NFLST i like the PIP feature and fast switching between games along with controls to FF pause and rewind,  hope the YTTV an interface allows the same.  I did not realize i could  cancel on an effective date May wait till after first of year to call anyways.  With free spectrum at my new home hard to see keeping DTV and installing A dish.  May lose my HBO max 

My favorite thing about the ST was the app. I’d have whatever game I wanted on the television and the. Surf the app on my iPad or laptop. I hope Google has the same thing. I imagine they will.

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

My favorite thing about the ST was the app. I’d have whatever game I wanted on the television and the. Surf the app on my iPad or laptop. I hope Google has the same thing. I imagine they will.

I would actually PIP a on the receiver, synch Bills to radio feed and follow other games using iPad app.

6 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Anyone know if YouTube TV has MSG for Sabres games? One of the reasons I am with FUBO is because it’s one of the only ones I’ve found with our Buffalo MSG. 

They do not, according to my brother who lives in Wheatfield. 

39 minutes ago, Beast said:

YouTubeTV itself is essentially an app, so yes.

1 hour ago, Beast said:

About five years ago, before the AT&T takeover, they wouldn't give me a break on ST, so I said, that's it, I'm out.  They conceded and said they would send me boxes, etc. to send back equipment. The next day, DTV rep calls crying for me to come back, offered a big monthly discount, free ST, and a $300 gift card.  I said, fine...I was out but they dragged me back in.

Couple of days later, boxes arrived and it took several calls to straighten out the account.  Why they just couldn't work with me in the first place was baffling.

7 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Yes, but with so many free options to stream unsure why anyone would pay for it.

I live in Florida and have been able to get the Bills games live only via Sunday Ticket. What stream service are you aware of that will provide the Bills games live in Florida?

15 minutes ago, gjv said:

I live in Florida and have been able to get the Bills games live only via Sunday Ticket. What stream service are you aware of that will provide the Bills games live in Florida?

There are free streams available, just have to know where to look.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.