NFL grants YouTube TV exclusive NFL Sunday Ticket rights in the US starting in 2023(deal worth $2B+)

Big Turk

20 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

But they already had $1.5B coming in, so the real increase will be like 8 million per team-ish

That makes sence since DTV was bringing in cash... 

so

($500 million/2) /32 = 7.8 million per team...

2 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Yes, live.  NFL+ provides replays.

I am so thankful that awful deal with AT&T and Direct TV is over with.  Where i am located AT&T tried to place you into cable bondage just to get the Sunday Ticket.  I refused to do so because among the requirements was a long term contract. Not to mention DirectTV burned me about a decade ago and I went from loyal customer to hating them with a passion. 

Their customer service is Cheeks.  I don’t know how they have any customers at all.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

I wasnt comfortable with Apple getting it either.  Over time I have had nothing but bad experiences with all their proprietary hardware and software, attempting to force you into their ecosystem.  I doubt they would just give the package away out of the goodness of their heart without re-couping the money out of our wallets.

Not super pleases about Youtube TV/google, but at least im a PC/android/google user.

Agreed.   I like apple products, always have.  BUT... them getting it would have been horrible for the freeloaders.  Apple would have imbedded something in the stream to force you to buy a new phone to watch it or some other such nonsense!

14 minutes ago, nucci said:

can you sway me on youtube TV over Hulu Live, please? I'm switching soon and can't decide. Thanks

For me it starts and ends with the user interface.  I was already subscribed to YTTV but saw a sweet Hulu Live bundle deal and thought I'd try it to see if I wanted to switch.  I didn't even last a day before I canceled the "live" portion and just kept basic Hulu for shows and series.  The live TV interface is awful.  You can't sort the guide and it doesn't make any sense.  If you Google it people have been complaining for years it seems, with no improvements.

Since none of these streaming services have lengthy contracts you can get one for a month and try it out with virtually no risk.

Now that the Ticket will be with YTTV I'm glad I've stayed with them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Games have been delayed like that for years.. decades.  There’s various lags between the different network feeds, online streams, Sunday ticket.   My family group text.. 6 of us spread pit around the country... has one rule... no texting during the Bills game.  Because someone is always a play or so ahead/behind.  So the lag isn’t an issue as I see it.  

I’ve tried all manner of free feed over the years. Some are good, they’ve gotten better; but all require some fidgeting to get a good stream that doesn’t crap out a few times a game. I currently found a site that shows replays of all the games a day later. Love that for rewatching the games. 

I don’t know anyone with YouTube tv. My sister has given me  her direct tv/sunday ticket password for years. So i can stream those games, if needed.  In return she uses my amazon and Netflix as she needs. Its worked pretty good. 

This year, the number of times i needed her sunday ticket to watch the games has dwindled significantly!  With the Bills being good and on all the different days and time slots.. I finally hooked up a cheap digital antenna, used the ticket, her direc tv passord for nfl network and espn, my amazon, and one free site when i had “issues”... its been ridiculous piecing the season together!!   

But anyone thinking this deal will be good for them because google will offer packages that are cheaper, keep your dreams alive.  The one thing, none of these corporations or the NFL care about is giving us a good deal.  They’re gonna make their money, keep raising prices and working to make free loaders like me work harder each year!  LOL.  Its kinda like a challenge to stick it to the man at this point. 

thank you for this. I have noticed some delays at times but it was the 30 seconds that was hanging me up. So basically these delays have always been in force but Ive never made it that big a deal or had undue concerns then. GREAT.  So I won't now either.

Merry Christmas and GO BILLS!~!~!!!

m

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Wow...wonder how much the deal was for and this likely will help the cap go up even more...Wall Street Journal reporting the deal is worth $2B+.  I guess probably not that much since they already had a deal in place for it and it just is switching(but likely at a higher rate)

Not enough info yet to ask my wife for it for Christmas.

I already have YouTube Prime so I can listen to music without commercials although my wife uses it more to watch Chinese movies.

Edited by Limeaid

Wow...wonder how much the deal was for and this likely will help the cap go up even more...Wall Street Journal reporting the deal is worth $2B+.  I guess probably not that much since they already had a deal in place for it and it just is switching(but likely at a higher rate)

Sunday Ticket has often been glitchy with the lag, video caching, and hanging.

You have to think that when it comes to high-demand video streaming that YouTube probably will have a better solution.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, eball said:

For me it starts and ends with the user interface.  I was already subscribed to YTTV but saw a sweet Hulu Live bundle deal and thought I'd try it to see if I wanted to switch.  I didn't even last a day before I canceled the "live" portion and just kept basic Hulu for shows and series.  The live TV interface is awful.  You can't sort the guide and it doesn't make any sense.  If you Google it people have been complaining for years it seems, with no improvements.

Since none of these streaming services have lengthy contracts you can get one for a month and try it out with virtually no risk.

Now that the Ticket will be with YTTV I'm glad I've stayed with them.

Thanks

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, muppy said:

thank you for this. I have noticed some delays at times but it was the 30 seconds that was hanging me up. So basically these delays have always been in force but Ive never made it that big a deal or had undue concerns then. GREAT.  So I won't now either.

Merry Christmas and GO BILLS!~!~!!!

m

Yeah. Way back in the long ago...  my sister and I would talk on the phone (texting wasn’t dreamed up yet)  during games...  her in new mexico, me in Rhode Island.   The delays were apparent then!   We used to joke that the pictures had to travel farther for whoever was delayed the most.  

It would take a few plays to see who was delayed, and how long. Then whoever was first would just have to hold our breath after a big play till the other screamed or cursed.

The good old days!   LOL 

Merry Christmas!  And may the Bills give us all a happy one. 

• Like (+1) 1

I have DirecTV and I really like it overall.  Offers me much more than what cable in my area does.  I purchased NFL Ticket last 2 years but I got it free this year.  I also have the NHL package which was pretty cheap.  But I will likely get rid of it by next fall now.  I know I won't subscribe to 2-3 different things just to watch football. I would probably get the Youtube NFL pkg if its not too expensive but still not going to do Prime and others too.  

NFL Reddit streams is priced pretty nicely.

Yeah, literally all of them. Never had an issue with the streams. They are fantastic.

I have nothing but problems. They consistently get shutdown and you have to wade through all the pop ups and ads. I will gladly pay for a consistent functional service that works every time. DTV wouldn't sell us the ticket for years because we had no line of site for service (neighbors trees) but said I did so I couldn't have it. Was a mess and I am happy to get it now. 

Edited by blitzboy54

Have DTV, already have YTTV....whatever. I don't care which brand is on it. Just get me all the games.

I will say....for out of state Bills fans, this package is worth less than ever. As good as we are, we have more primteime and national games than ever before. Used to be in the dark days (I'm lookin' at you Tom Donahoe) I'd be lucky in CT to see the Jets and Pats matchups...and often that wasn't even a safe bet. If my count is correct, in CT I would have seen 8 of the 14 without the ticket so far this year...10 if you count the Jets games which I get local.

Yes, but with so many free options to stream unsure why anyone would pay for it.

The free options are far from without fault.  

I've had to use them I think for 3 games this year.  I had trouble in all of them from time to time.

In one of them, the entire 2nd half was messed up.

If the cost is reasonable, I'd probably pay for Youtube to be free from that crap, and not have to watch in real time, too....thus avoiding commercials which revolutionizes how you watch football.

I can no longer stomach 3rd party games live with commercials, except on rare, special occasions.

1 hour ago, transient said:

You could always stream the Sabres games on ESPN+ for $10/mo. I'm out of market, though, so I don't know if they'd end up being blacked out in the local viewing area. You can select which broadcast you want. You get the intermission reports, but you don't get the pre- and post game stuff.

I have ESPN. If you live in the viewing area that won’t help.

52 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Pretty happy you don't have to subscribe to YouTube TV to get the ticket. I already pay the $10 a month for YouTube premium so I don't have to watch commercials, so I'll purchase the ticket Ala carte 

I cut the cord a few years ago and have been using the DTV NFL Student App.  

I use Sling for my "cable" stations for $40 per month.  I think I'm going to go your route and get the YouTube Premium.

I'm watching more and more stuff on YouTube so the "commercial free" will be a big plus.

These are the benefits for Premium.

Watch videos without ads

Download videos and watch them offline

Get background play and Picture-in-picture

Get access to YouTube Music Premium (costs $9.99 a month)

Watch all YouTube Originals

I'll just add on the NFL Package.

I share streaming services with 2 other friends so I'm going to look into the YouTube Premium Family Plan.

Maybe I can have another friend pick up Sling and I will take over the Hulu/ESPN/Disney.

NOTE TO NEW STREAMERS:  Find 2 reliable friends/family to share stuff.  It's the way to go!  I haven't paid over $50.00 a month for TV

and have all kinds of streaming services to watch!

in years and it's wonderful.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.