MNF: Rams @ Packers 8:15pm ESPN

PromoTheRobot

I was hoping to get some advice with some prop bets. Draftkings is offering some, what look like, easy bets and I'm wondering if I'm missing something.

RAMS:

1st half points 6.5 O/U -135

Total TDs 1.5 O/U -115

Total Points 15.5 O/U -110

I thought Baker Mayfield played pretty good but the sharps are laying odds that the Rams won't get out of their own way. It's not like Green Bay was a vaunted defense.  Is there something I'm missing?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

• Simon pinned this topic
48 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I was hoping to get some advice with some prop bets. Draftkings is offering some, what look like, easy bets and I'm wondering if I'm missing something.

RAMS:

Total TDs 1.5 O/U -115

I thought Baker Mayfield played pretty good but the sharps are laying odds that the Rams won't get out of their own way. It's not like Green Bay was a vaunted defense.  Is there something I'm missing?

Baker played horribly against GB last time (albeit while injured/with Browns).

GB is getting healthier, Rams are not.  I'd be all over GB, -7.5

2 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Baker played horribly against GB last time (albeit while injured/with Browns).

GB is getting healthier, Rams are not.  I'd be all over GB, -7.5

I played a 4-leg parlay all on Baker and the Rams:

Over 150 yards

Over 18 completions

Over 2.5 pts first half

Over 8.5 points total for the game.

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Speaking of the Rams, remember when everybody was saying that they were so smart, giving away all of their draft picks and signing all those players to those high price contracts

they are not looking so great now a year removed from the Super Bowl

100% true but they all have SB rings, even if they never win another game.

Nothing can take that away 

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

100% true but they all have SB rings, even if they never win another game.

Nothing can take that away 

That’s true and that is the goal

But now it looks like they’re gonna have to go through a rebuild

I think being is trying to do it a different way. He doesn’t want the bills to just be good for one season. He wants them to be good and have at bats over several seasons

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Speaking of the Rams, remember when everybody was saying that they were so smart, giving away all of their draft picks and signing all those players to those high price contracts

they are not looking so great now a year removed from the Super Bowl

People will say “Well, they got their Super Bowl”..

Eh, I want one, but not like this.  Not when you trade away your entire future and are horrible after.  

It likely doesn’t get much better.   Stafford is deteriorating, Donald has half his foot out the door, they have no young talent and not much ability to infuse the team with it moving forward.  

Id honestly trade Donald to rebuild with picks if I’m them. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Eh, I want one, but not like this.  Not when you trade away your entire future and are horrible after.  

It likely doesn’t get much better.   Stafford is deteriorating, Donald has half his foot out the door, they have no young talent and not much ability to infuse the team with it moving forward.  

Good chance Donald might retire 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Good chance Donald might retire 

I wonder if he would accept a trade somewhere with a chance to win 

16 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I totally understand this but you could also end up being Rivers and the Chargers.

Lots of great years, lots of wins, just never got to the super bowl 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1

I’m so confused what has happened to these two teams. 

The League MVP, against the Defending Champs! If I’m a producer for ESPN, I’ve got Goodell on speed dial with these Primetime games. 

I’ll give you Stafford being out. But that defense?! And where’s the innovative offense from McVay? Where’s the commitment to play action and chipping away to open up the middle of the field? Where’s the dedication to pace! 

Is it losing Adam’s; or the way they lost him? And the Green Bay defense? Again… what’s happening? Where’s the heart of this team? Who’s the step up and make something happen guy? It just seems like there’s an real problem with Rodgers and the team that no one has stepped up yet. 

Someone said Donald may retire. I know a lot of people; pundits and fans alike, who will applaud him for going out on top. But to me, that’s the “star player” not the ideal FRANCHISE player. As a fan of the sport and the legends that I have been lucky to watch, I want a lifetime commitment to the team and the sport. Maybe I’m spoiled because all my favorite players live and die in my hometown. But guys like Donald, who are too big to go through a rebuild, their legacy gets tarnished in my book. 

33 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I wonder if he would accept a trade somewhere with a chance to win 

I totally understand this but you could also end up being Rivers and the Chargers.

Lots of great years, lots of wins, just never got to the super bowl 

You would have to give up a ***** load of picks to get him. Rams don’t have any picks and they need all they can get. I don’t see any team giving up the capital for an old Aaron Donald who’s had injury problems this season

21 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

I’m so confused what has happened to these two teams. 

The League MVP, against the Defending Champs! If I’m a producer for ESPN, I’ve got Goodell on speed dial with these Primetime games. 

I’ll give you Stafford being out. But that defense?! And where’s the innovative offense from McVay? Where’s the commitment to play action and chipping away to open up the middle of the field? Where’s the dedication to pace! 

Is it losing Adam’s; or the way they lost him? And the Green Bay defense? Again… what’s happening? Where’s the heart of this team? Who’s the step up and make something happen guy? It just seems like there’s an real problem with Rodgers and the team that no one has stepped up yet. 

Someone said Donald may retire. I know a lot of people; pundits and fans alike, who will applaud him for going out on top. But to me, that’s the “star player” not the ideal FRANCHISE player. As a fan of the sport and the legends that I have been lucky to watch, I want a lifetime commitment to the team and the sport. Maybe I’m spoiled because all my favorite players live and die in my hometown. But guys like Donald, who are too big to go through a rebuild, their legacy gets tarnished in my book. 

He was already retiring after their SB win. McVay begged him to stay and convinced him they could repeat if he came back. I think if Donald knew how things would turn out then he probably would’ve just gone with retirement. Plus even when he was healthy he wasn’t that effective this season 

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

I disagree. I’d take the Super Bowl then be terrible the next year. But that’s just me

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

29 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

I disagree. I’d take the Super Bowl then be terrible the next year. But that’s just me

Its not just “the next year” with the Rams.  

Maybe they can be mediocre next year .. maybe. 

They may be looking at 2-3 years of bad football in exchange for the SB. 

A team like the Saints took the poison pill for one year because it was just yolked up contracts they kicked down the line.   The Rams have done the same AND traded away a ton of picks. 

Edited by SCBills

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

RAMS:

Total TDs 1.5 O/U -115

Whatever they are offering for playoff odds, I hope you bet the 'under'.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.