NFL Week #15 - Fish at Buffalo - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

Can you provide examples of this happening when Diggs has had his frustration fits?  Spoiler: you can't.

For one thing, even if that is, in fact, what's happening when Diggs is having these fits, he is not "watching" it.  He is minding his own store and running his own routes.  He has no idea if the other receiver just dropped the ball, was interfered with, caught a pass that was ruled incomplete, or the DB just made a good PD.  He's not watching replays on the big screen and then having a fit - he is open, he knows he's open, and he's reacting because he was open and not targeted.  That's "Me Ball", not "We Ball".

Allen was 16 of 23 and the Bills were 5 of 6 on 3rd down conversions in the first half with 3 TDs.  The Bills were executing in the 1st half.

At the point where Diggs had his hissy, the Bills had just driven from their own 25 to the Mia 33 in 4 plays.  Guys were executing.  The one who just missed catching a pass was Diggs himself, but that wouldn't have mattered because of OH call.  The "hissy" play didn't matter because of OH.

Diggs is not just some selfless team guy who reacts like that only when his WR buds screw up and he could save the day.  That doesn't match what we actually see.

I think Diggs would have eventually been more open, but as you note, Allen didn't have time.

These guys watch film every week.  Diggs sees what we’re seeing through the lens of being a main piece of the offense.  

Doesn’t mean he’s always right.  Doesn’t even mean it’s warranted .. as pointed out above he gets targeted a lot.  

But he knows our offense has been stagnant up until the first half last night .. then right back into the doldrums in the third quarter.  

In my view, it’s more a culmination of frustration we see from him at the offense over time than any single play. 

Do I like it?  Not necessarily.  But I get it, somewhat.  

Now if our offense gets rolling and he continues, that’s a problem .. but I doubt he would. 

Diggs pulled himself out of the last drive after he got tackled.  He went back in 3 plays later but I was having memories of Kevin Carter of the Rams pulling himself out of the Super Bowl against the Titans on the last drive.  And Vermeil looking at him like ‘Seriously’.  

Diggs defintely seems like a sensitive dude.  Gets mad very easily.  

6 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Last week, both the Jets and Bills had 9 players with receptions.

In the Turkey Bowl, both the Lions and Bills had 7 players with receptions.

Against Cleveland, the Browns had 7 players with receptions, and the Bills, 4 (!!!)

Alright - fair points friend

I guess I was just attempting to be positive - also not to say say your being negative

Diggs is money no doubt but I'm just looking at they did what they had to do to win and in my simplistic view says number 1 can't always be your the guy to make a play

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

These guys watch film every week.  Diggs sees what we’re seeing through the lens of being a main piece of the offense.  

Doesn’t mean he’s always right.  Doesn’t even mean it’s warranted .. as pointed out above he gets targeted a lot.  

But he knows our offense has been stagnant up until the first half last night .. then right back into the doldrums in the third quarter.  

In my view, it’s more a culmination of frustration we see from him at the offense over time than any single play. 

Do I like it?  Not necessarily.  But I get it, somewhat.  

Now if our offense gets rolling and he continues, that’s a problem .. but I doubt he would. 

I think this is strong projection on your part. 

It doesn't fit the observation of when Diggs does or does not have his little hissy reactions.

Among other things, it was only like 4 minutes into the 3Q, and as I pointed out, the Bills offense was not "stagnant", they had just moved the ball 42 yards in 4 plays.

57 minutes ago, muppy said:

I was talking about this to hubby last night. PLEASE Stefon Please don't be the guy that thinks he is the Only man who can help our team win. It's just not the kind of thing you want to begin to grow and fester on the TEAM. Hear me bro TEAM. They Love you. You'll get your touches. 

When you're watching your teammates drop critical plays over and over, frustration is bound to happen

3 minutes ago, hemma said:

Anybody know what happened to Klein?  

I wasn't aware anything had happened to Klein, if you're talking about a potential injury?

If you're talking about playing time, nothing happened to him.

Bills played nickel close to 100% of the time and Milano and Edmunds played 100% of the snaps.  Bernard and Klein played ST.

I think this is strong projection on your part. 

It doesn't fit the observation of when Diggs does or does not have his little hissy reactions.

Among other things, it was only like 4 minutes into the 3Q, and as I pointed out, the Bills offense was not "stagnant", they had just moved the ball 42 yards in 4 plays.

I mean, yes, it is projection.  I don’t know what Diggs thinks.  

Im just giving a guess. 

I don’t think he’s a diva in hiding.  I just think it’s warranted frustration at the cumulative offensive stagnation rather than an individual play where he thinks he should’ve been targeted.  

If I were him, and the offense started stalling, I’d tell Allen “I got you” as well.  When other guys are making plays, all is good.  We’ve seen him have decoy games and he could care less. 

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

We seriously trying to knock diggs now lmfao

We seem to be defending his very visible very public prolonged and extending onto the sidelines hissy fits over not getting targeted when he thinks he should.

I have no knock on Diggs, but I think he needs to "step away" from the in-game drama.

Just now, Beck Water said:

We seem to be defending his very visible very public prolonged and extending onto the sidelines hissy fits over not getting targeted when he thinks he should.

I have no knock on Diggs, but I think he needs to "step away" from the in-game drama.

'hissy fits' is pretty rich from someone who has been stumping for Isaiah McKenzie nonstop

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t think he’s a diva in hiding.  I just think it’s warranted frustration at the cumulative offensive stagnation rather than an individual play where he thinks he should’ve been targeted.  

Once again: the offense was hardly "cumulatively stagnant" at the point when Diggs reacted.  And the struggles they did have on that drive, were on the OL.

If I were him, and the offense started stalling, I’d tell Allen “I got you” as well. 

But that's not what he's doing.  He's not saying "I got you, get it to me I'll make you right" in the huddle or on the bench and then moving on.  He is very visibly and publicly second-guessing his QB after the play and making his displeasure and dissatisfaction obvious.  There is nothing constructive about how he's handling this. 

It's putting extra pressure on Josh at a point when the D is already giving him all he can handle or more.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1

13 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

Yup. They should get rid of Diggs. He’s a diva. 👎

That's far from the point.  But people are defending "Diva behavior" from Diggs as justified and an understandable response to the Bills offensive play, and that just doesn't fit the actual context of what we're seeing.

I don't want to get rid of Diggs, but I think he needs to be more mindful of the pressure his behavior puts on his QB and the impact it may have on his WR teammates.  He has literally twice as many targets and more than twice as many receptions as the Bills next guy, so it indeed makes him look like a Diva.

No one wants to get rid of him over it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

But that's not what he's doing.  He's not saying "I got you, get it to me I'll make you right" in the huddle or on the bench and then moving on.  He is very visibly and publicly second-guessing his QB after the play and making his displeasure and dissatisfaction obvious.  There is nothing constructive about how he's handling this. 

It's putting extra pressure on Josh at a point when the D is already giving him all he can handle or more

News flash here.  Every NFL WR is:

1.  Always open

2. Held or interfered with every play

3. Not targeted enough

So nothing to see here folks, move along. 

Edited by freddyjj
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

This game didn’t worry me at all…that Miami offense has been great with armstead in the lineup and our offensive line is ravaged by injury but I’d assume bates/boettger will be back soon. 

winnning a game with van roten/hart in the lineup together is impressive however it happens 

Our defense had me concerned most of the game, the interior which has been stout against the run was on their heels quite a bit and Miami was getting push.

By simply adding a fullback Miami had a lot of success blocking runs and I don't think Frazier had any good answers for it.

Hamlin was simply brutal in pass support as that second deep safety or when the team went single high.

Just way too slow to react and take the appropriate angles to cut off and double receivers going deep.

Not sure what the team sees in him other than the other options must be worse.

Taron quietly had a decent game and Elam played physical. Almost too physical I thought till I focused on the holding and grabbing Miami DBs were getting away with.

That's far from the point.  But people are defending "Diva behavior" from Diggs as justified and an understandable response to the Bills offensive play, and that just doesn't fit the actual context of what we're seeing.

I don't want to get rid of Diggs, but I think he needs to be more mindful of the pressure his behavior puts on his QB and the impact it may have on his WR teammates.  He has literally twice as many targets and more than twice as many receptions as the Bills next guy, so it indeed makes him look like a Diva.

No one wants to get rid of him over it.

Weren't you the poster defending McKenzie going on a podcast and saying he needs more touches?

9 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I wasn't aware anything had happened to Klein, if you're talking about a potential injury?

If you're talking about playing time, nothing happened to him.

Bills played nickel close to 100% of the time and Milano and Edmunds played 100% of the snaps.  Bernard and Klein played ST.

According to buff rumblings, he was injured on the kickoff, but can’t find any info on ‘what’.

They may have tried him to help stem the Mostert avalanche, but …. Not with injury.

7 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Our defense had me concerned most of the game, the interior which has been stout against the run was on their heels quite a bit and Miami was getting push.

By simply adding a fullback Miami had a lot of success blocking runs and I don't think Frazier had any good answers for it.

Hamlin was simply brutal in pass support as that second deep safety or when the team went single high.

Just way too slow to react and take the appropriate angles to cut off and double receivers going deep.

Not sure what the team sees in him other than the other options must be worse.

Taron quietly had a decent game and Elam played physical. Almost too physical I thought till I focused on the holding and grabbing Miami DBs were getting away with.

Hamlin's been fairly solid all year. Cover 1 had a good feature on him.

Edited by Pine Barrens Mafia

7 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

'hissy fits' is pretty rich from someone who has been stumping for Isaiah McKenzie nonstop

What would you call it?  A mature and constructive reaction on Digg's part?  This is like the 3rd or 4th time he's done it when Josh is struggling, and I don't think it's helpful.  Are you saying you do?

You miss the point of a lot of what I've said about McKenzie, so the latter crack is no surprise.

6 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

The average human being is pretty stupid so this isn't surprising 

You are an erudite and insightful poster who has mastered the meanings I've tried to convey and convincingly rebutted them.

Throwing the helmet wasn't the best look. But Diggs always plays with an edge.

I think now that this has become a thing, they're looking for it on the sidelines. He was alway the first to celebrate with his team mates who made plays.

Just now, Beck Water said:

What would you call it?  A mature and constructive reaction on Digg's part?  This is like the 3rd or 4th time he's done it when Josh is struggling, and I don't think it's helpful.  Are you saying you do?

You miss the point of a lot of what I've said about McKenzie, so the latter crack is no surprise.

You are an erudite and insightful poster who has mastered the meanings I've tried to convey and convincingly rebutted them.

I'm really struggling to believe that you or any Bills fan doesn't understand the Allen/Diggs dynamic at this point.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Did you ever think that Diggs is trying to get his team fired up and focused?  Get them to execute better and at the same time letting Allen focus on the upcoming series?  Brady is always yelling at his guys and it usually works.  Diggs is a leader of this team.  The coaches know it, the players know it, and most fans know it.

• Like (+1) 1

Oh no!  I hope nothing serious.

Disregard.  I see the article was posted at 8:38 and they never followed up.

he probably went back in.

I was thinking he’d be a 1/2 time Frazier ‘adjustment’ to slow down Mostert, But alls well that ends well.

27 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Hamlin's been fairly solid all year. Cover 1 had a good fear on him.

I will have to see that as I know folks were on Tre for losing a step or 2 on Cheetah (of course Miami is going to try to find ways to avoid him getting jammed at the line and he has wheels), but that is where your deep safety should be providing support.

And Hamlin just shows up late and with an angle that does not allow him to make a play to break up passes.

When he comes down in run support he takes bad angles too and often gets caught in the wash.

Much like Jackson, there are probably good plays, but they seem to be around bad plays too often.

Edited by WideNine

4 hours ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

It’s just snowballs. Imagine it could have been frozen bildos. You want to see bad…

I remember I was at a game during the Kelly years where they penalized our team because the fans were too loud. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Diggs pulled himself out of the last drive after he got tackled.  He went back in 3 plays later but I was having memories of Kevin Carter of the Rams pulling himself out of the Super Bowl against the Titans on the last drive.  And Vermeil looking at him like ‘Seriously’.  

Diggs defintely seems like a sensitive dude.  Gets mad very easily.  

I think stefon Diggs is GIFTED. As as WR he is Elite.  I think of him as a WR artiste. Creative gifted smart athletic types like he are rare and special.  I love me some #14 so lets not that get twisted. His voice should carry weight.   He visualizes the ending and he doe not choke. He is a Finisher

Who wouldn't want stefon diggs to get touches! But even if he doesnt get them is long as someone else does and scores that's the bottom line.

Diggs voicing his displeasure, heard by McDermott. McDermott talks to Dorsey. Changes of what plays are goin to be called moving forward?

I'd be more than fine with that 🙂 JUST WIN. We all want the same thing right? Right.

GO BILLS-m

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

It’s just snowballs. Imagine it could have been frozen bildos. You want to see bad…

I remember I was at a game during the Kelly years where they penalized our team because the fans were too loud. 

Lol. “The people all said, sit down, sit down you’re rocking the boat”. Catchy jingle. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bob in STL said:

Happy Victory Sunday!

The Bills - Dolphins rivalry is back in full swing.  Lots of crying in Dolphinland about the snowballs (ice balls).  It seems all 12 of their fans were there last night and got hit.  

Great game last night.   Especially the fourth quarter comeback.  Allen was the difference.

😂

Did you catch anything about why Josh Allen was yelling at the Dolphins fans before the Post-game Show?

12 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Well at least Colin Cowherd can't say we're not winning close games.

He still will, narratives die slowly if ever with media. I heard a guy on NFL radio today say "Josh Allen came through last night at the end and that hasn't always been the case with his turnovers at the end of games!"

Really???

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.