Buffalo Bills comeback is still the most impressive, here's why:

BillsM@fia

Never though I would have to write this..

First and foremost congratulations to the Minnesota Vikings, hell of an accomplishment.

Bills comeback is much more impressive:

-Bills comeback was in the playoffs, versus a good team, not a 4-8-1 team with an interim coach (if you can even consider Jeff Saturday that lol).

-Bills were without their HOF QB Jim Kelly and HOF RB Thurman Thomas, in an era where RBs were about as important as QBs.

-Bills comeback occurred when scoring points was much more difficult and the league didn't cater to offense. 

What bothers me most is that when the record books will show largest comeback 33 points/Minnesota Vikings and they won't know any of the context behind the Bills Comeback.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BillsM@fia said:

First and foremost congratulations to the Minnesota Vikings, hell of an accomplishment.

-Bills comeback was in the playoffs, versus a good team, not a 4-8-1 team with an interim coach (if you can even consider Jeff Saturday that lol).

-Bills were without their HOF QB Jim Kelly and HOF RB Thurman Thomas, in an era where RBs were about as important as QBs.

-Bills comeback occurred when scoring points was much more difficult and the league didn't cater to offense. 

What bothers me most is that when the record books will show largest comeback 33 points/Minnesota Vikings and they won't know any of the context behind the Bills Comeback.

This shouldn’t be even for discussion of course the Bills is more impressive one was literally win or go home. The Colts just allowed the cowboys to score 54 on them. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Same reasoning people say 28-3 in the Super Bowl starting late in the third quarter is the best comeback.  It’s not necessarily most points…people are not that simple minded.   Ok some are.   The bills did not lose something today it’s not something to get bothered about.  

Edited by Matt_In_NH
  • Like (+1) 3

If you take out the SB factor, Bills was impressive because Moon was an elite QB. Other guys were missing. Backup QB. PO game. Most left the stadium.

Unfortunately, most pundits will probably pick 28-3 as the best comeback. It was the SB and the NFL's golden boy's finest moment. Add on the deflategate revenge stuff.

Minnesota comeback can't compare because it was RS game. If they end up winning the SB, it will be looked at more fondly. Otherwise, it was a week 15 regular season game. 

On 12/17/2022 at 5:20 PM, BillsM@fia said:

I’ll play devil’s advocate.

1. Andre Reed TD never would have counted in today’s NFL. Was OOB.

2. Vikings put 14 additional points in the board (12 actually) that were taken away by two of the worst calls of the season by the refs 

Have to give them a ton of credit for this one.

Edited by WEATHER DOT COM
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BillsM@fia said:

I absolutely agree, the Bills had way more pressure on them at the half in that game than the 10-3 cruising in first place Vikings had. The Bills were about to knocked out of the playoffs and were being absolutely embarrassed and outclassed. The Vikings comeback is impressive but they would not have been able to do it against a team of the Oilers calibre of 92!

As for your last line, unfortunately such things are inevitable. People will never know or appreciate the context if they didnt watch it live or in person and realize what an impossible situation the Bills were faced with at the half and the miracle that ensued!

10 hours ago, BillsM@fia said:

It upset me as well because after that comeback game I went to that SB, 27, in Pasadena cuz I knew they COULD NEVER lose three in a row!  Lol!   I was also reminded back then there was no 2 point conversions either !   Bills comeback still the best , how ironic Frank’s Colts allow someone to erase his record!  I saw a a guy say Saturday needs to be the first interim coach fired on Sunday !  Lol! I am with you! 

I see a lot of people saying they don't care about this and I get it life moves on but I can honestly say I was pretty disappointed and shocked as I heard the news while heading to the stadium.  Over the recent years with the Pats and Chiefs I thought it would be the 4 straight Super Bowl appearances record in jeopardy.  My brother texted me saying that was the last thing he would've expected heading into the games this weekend lol.

The Bills are really known for two defining achievements in the modern era of the NFL...the 4 straight Super Bowls and the Greatest Comeback game.  I agree that the Bills game was much more important and impressive being a playoff game against a good team missing key starters but in the record books we will no longer be able to claim the fame.  The other thing that I find sad about it is we were just a few weeks shy of celebrating the 30 year anniversary.  Oh well I'll get over it but I can't say to me it is no big deal or that I don't care.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BillsPride12 said:

I see a lot of people saying they don't care about this and I get it life moves on but I can honestly say I was pretty disappointed and shocked as I heard the news while heading to the stadium.  Over the recent years with the Pats and Chiefs I thought it would be the 4 straight Super Bowl appearances record in jeopardy.  My brother texted me saying that was the last thing he would've expected heading into the games this weekend lol.

The Bills are really known for two defining achievements in the modern era of the NFL...the 4 straight Super Bowls and the Greatest Comeback game.  I agree that the Bills game was much more important and impressive being a playoff game against a good team missing key starters but in the record books we will no longer be able to claim the fame.  The other thing that I find sad about it is we were just a few weeks shy of celebrating the 30 year anniversary.  Oh well I'll get over it but I can't say to me it is no big deal or that I don't care.

I agree.  Also add to the fact the Colts fired Reich a few weeks before.  Not gonna lie I thought the whole thing was annoying.  Plus as well there were no 2 point conversations in 1992.

Just hearing about that actually gave me bad vibes the Bills would lose last night.  

• Like (+1) 1

Why can't we just enjoy good football?  Why does it matter whose win is better?

What the Vikings did yesterday was incredible and fun to watch, why can't we just enjoy that and give them their due.

Who is the Viking's man of the year nominee and what is his charity?  The Bills Mafia should donate $33.00 or $3.30 to that charity and let the world know again how that Bills fans are the best in the world.

Update: Adam Thielen is the Vikings nominee and his charity is The Thielen Foundation which helps youth development.  The website is "thielenfoundation.org".  I think that all of us in the Bills Mafia should donate either $19.00 (Thielen's number) or some combination of 33 and let the Vikings know what kind of people we really are.

Edited by SinatraSinger
Updating information
  • Like (+1) 1

Just call it what it is…

the curse of Frank Reich

the big differences was you couldn’t go for 2.

buffalo being down 35-24 in the 4th, ehrn thry scored today, they would hav gone for 2.  If they made it it woukd have been 35-32.  They score a TD again it’s 39-35 which forces Oilers to get a TD instead of a tying FG.

for thst gsme me snd a group of friends and their SOs went yo a bar in Ft Erie to watch the game.

at half time it cleared out. It gained more late in the game  of the Canadians who had bern at the game left at halftime.

Thsts something I couldn’t tell— how many fans in minneapolis left st half time?

19 hours ago, BillsM@fia said:

And the Bills lost to the Oilers just a week earlier 3-27

Saying that the Bills was better because of the 2 point conversion is ridiculous.  No idea what would have happended if they did go for 2 and either converted or didn't.  Whole outcome would have changed.

Also remember if you want to compare rules, don't forget that converting an onside kick was easier back in 1992 then it is today.  That probably means more than being able to go for 2.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.