BROCK PURDY: for real or fools gold ?

Italian Bills

2 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

I hate when people hype up these players who have a good game or two.  So annoying 

He’s played very well for a 7th rd pick.  He’s a great story and discussion. 

I hate it when people hate things that carry no weight in their lives.  Why hate such a thing? 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, Airseven said:

My take is every team should be drafting seasoned QBs in the 7th round no matter their lack of measurables.

Cam rising is my 6-7th round backup I want 

Tough as nails, winner, intangibles …. Just not the most physically gifted

There’s always a fourth or fifth year senior with a great make up to be a good back up

Edited by Buffalo716

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He’s played very well for a 7th rd pick.  He’s a great story and discussion. 

I hate it when people hate things that carry no weight in their lives.  Why hate such a thing? 

How many times have you seen this same scenario and the player flame out.  Probably 99% if the time 

• Agree 2

NFL has a tendency to figure people out, but the 49ers are an extremely QB friendly system in need of a guy who can just manage the game and make the occasional throw down the field… Purdy can do that, along with mobility at QB they didn’t have before. 

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

I hate when people hype up these players who have a good game or two.  So annoying 

The real test is how effective are they after 6 weeks, once there's film on the new QB and opposing DC's have time to game plan. Then can they adjust their game and win again.

At this point 100% fools gold considering he's not even played 2 full NFL games.

This is the NFL and it takes a little time to get tape out on the latest flash in the pan. Credit Kyle Shanahan for being a great offensive mind and putting this kid in position to succeed around a great roster but he'll get exposed at some point especially in the playoffs, if not much sooner.

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Expecting a PFF article on how he is better than Josh any minute. 

Lots of clicks guaranteed,

Too early to give a grade of either kind after just two games.

Purdy had a great career at Iowa State, and was not a one year wonder.

He brings to the game the type of skill that is probably similar to what Garrapolo did, although potentially better.

The 49'ers run the ball a lot, so that helps Purdy. As of now I have not seen him make any bone headed plays that Garrapolo would make.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.