Shout out to Isaiah Hodgins

RenoNVBillsfan

9 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Except Isaiah McKenzie is a speed slot WR, gadget player, return man and Isaiah Hodgins is a tall outside WR that doesn't play Special Teams. They'd never cut McKenzie for Hodgins. They basically play two different positions.

If anyone was getting cut for Hodgins, it would have been Jake Kumerow. But when healthy he's also a very solid Special Teams player.

Hodgins is not an outside WR, he's basically a "big slot" type aka David Nelson (but not as fast).

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Luka said:

It's all based on chemistry and trust, if Josh isn't given the opportunity to build those things with him, it will continue to be a stalemate. This isn't baseball, too many fans on this board with percentages and decimal points. 

Actually its not. The plays are designed for a certain read progression against a certain defense. I would find it hard to believe there is more than 1 or 2 plays designed to go to Shakir as the fourth WR. In most cases the fourth WR is only used to move a safety or other CB out of an area to free space for your #1,2, or 3. 

It has little to do with chemistry and trust. 

10 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Except Isaiah McKenzie is a speed slot WR, gadget player, return man and Isaiah Hodgins is a tall outside WR that doesn't play Special Teams. They'd never cut McKenzie for Hodgins. They basically play two different positions.

If anyone was getting cut for Hodgins, it would have been Jake Kumerow. But when healthy he's also a very solid Special Teams player.

Good post. 2 different roles. STs is important but I can’t imagine how much better JK is than IH. Because IH is certainly a better receiver. But JK does make dope hemp bracelets so that is a big plus.

Just now, gobills404 said:

Then go tell him he should actually block well or catch the ball if you wanna see him on the field more.

He was one of the best blocking receivers coming out of college. Also I can recall at least 3 throws to him (1 yesterday) where he draws a PI. Try again.

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

uuum.. no. McKenzie is NOT a return man. He’s simply too small for that (arms aren’t long enough to safely protect the football upon contact). You’ll only see him if 3 other return guys go down to injury. He can’t run precise routes, nuts up under contact or contested catch attempts and can’t block ..well.. ME! I don’t care what anyone else thinks, he shouldn’t be on the team. I’d much prefer playing against him over with him.

I agree,  it comes down to trust you have in him in making plays in key situations.  So many times this season he has had critical drops when the team needed a play.  You could point the KC game when he dropped a pass that would have got the Bills out of hole near our own goal line or many other key drops when the team needed it.  It's been a huge problem all season long and he is not making enough big plays that outweigh the negative plays.

He open for a reason, most teams have their weakest corner covering him. Beasley was not as fast but was sure handed and always seem to find open spots,  when I see Josh holding on to the ball I believe it's because McKENIZE is his only option and there is no trust in him.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Luka said:

He was one of the best blocking receivers coming out of college. Also I can recall at least 3 throws to him (1 yesterday) where he draws a PI. Try again.

That’s what you need to say to Shakir every time he lets a pass go incomplete lol. There’s no way to justify a 47% catch percentage but go off I guess.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, RenoNVBillsfan said:

Gotta shout out to my guy Isaiah Hodgins. Back-to-back games with receiving TD’s. Feel for the dude having to deal with the putrid passing ability of Daniel Jones. The guy hasn’t passed beyond 200 yards in the past 2 games. 56.5 QBR for the season. Imagine the red zone threat he could have been had the Bills retained him. After watching McKenzie be less than inspiring this season, I still believe the Bills cut the wrong Isaiah. 

Shhhhh. This type of posting will upset the Beane and McDermott worshiper's and contradict their narratives.

But yes we have 'Little Dirty' on this roster who does nothing on game days but makes some dope videos on the Bills social media page.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Beane didn't want to get rid of Hodgins.  He did get greedy thinking he could clear waivers.

Considering that Hines is now the Kick and Punt Returner,  McKenzie is now a non-ST Slot receiver.   I assume he will get phased out with Beasley coming back in and Hines getting more touches.

On 12/12/2022 at 7:48 AM, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Actually its not. The plays are designed for a certain read progression against a certain defense. I would find it hard to believe there is more than 1 or 2 plays designed to go to Shakir as the fourth WR. In most cases the fourth WR is only used to move a safety or other CB out of an area to free space for your #1,2, or 3. 

It has little to do with chemistry and trust. 

If you think that the trust in chemistry between Josh Allen and digs is not important then I don’t know what to say

When did TBD become enamored with congratulating former Bills who never made it here?

But while we're at it...I want to congratulate Jason Peters for continuing to make Russ Brandon look a complete clown on his way to Canton.  Not many 40 year olds playing OT for a playoff team and getting meaningful snaps.  

The guy is putting up numbers in the receiving game for NY & if he was able to here i think he could have done the same while i watched a piece of the game last night he made a couple of catches & some here say it's because they have no one else NOT ..

I will root for him as long as they aren't playing against the Bills . Last nights game had quite a few ex Bills on the field which lets us all know that Beane & company must be doing something right seeing as other teams pick up our guys as soon as they come available .

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.