WGR.com + Audacy app post-game fail

BillnutinHouston

Just now, KHAN said:

Working from the website on my computer. Even on my iPad I listen through Safari. I'm not signing up to use the app.

Yeah, just go to the website and "listen live."

I'm doing that now and listen after every game; it always works.

Just now, BillnutinHouston said:

Dude, what does my title say?  Website on phone played CBS post-game show, until someone at the controls woke up. 

Weekend interns.  Judging how corporate broadcasters pay nowadays, the engineer was probably down the hall scrubbing the mens' washroom.  Added duties, dontcha know.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

The Audacy app might be the biggest fail in the history of streaming audio, but clearly WGR cares not. I’ll opt for old fashioned terrestrial broadcasting whenever possible. 

well, CBS sports radio/the Fan is certainly the worst talent/broadcast lineup ever.  It was better when they carried ESPN

25 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

The Audacy app might be the biggest fail in the history of streaming audio, but clearly WGR cares not. I’ll opt for old fashioned terrestrial broadcasting whenever possible. 

WGR is owned by Audacy.  So it's not a question of what WGR cares about.  It's what Audacy wants to do.

And my God, the app and the "new" WGR website are TERRIBLE.

The software for the live listening function is garbage.

• Agree 1

You are not missing much.  Couple of callers were spot on in their assessment of how sloppy the offense was today and believe it not, schopp defended the players.  

schopp and bullroar both didn’t want to hear what the callers had to say.  I’m sorry, but defending McKenzie today goes a bit too far.

32 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

I'm sure WGR has no say whatsoever. Audacy app is from corporate.

1 hour ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Dude, what does my title say?  Website on phone played CBS post-game show, until someone at the controls woke up. 

I had the same issue and posted about it in the postgame thread. Some fellow sent me a link to this and it worked:

http://playerservices.streamtheworld.com/pls/WGRAM.pls

Every few weeks this happens and you can’t stream the postgame on the app or the website. 

2 minutes ago, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

I had the same issue and posted about it in the postgame thread. Some fellow sent me a link to this and it worked:

http://playerservices.streamtheworld.com/pls/WGRAM.pls

Every few weeks this happens and you can’t stream the postgame on the app or the website. 

Thanks Ye Ole!

I seldom listen to the radio postgame shows but I’m listening to WGR now. Who is the whiny little B word on air currently? Sounds like one of those idiots who thinks it’s a total failure unless you’re putting up 40 burgers every week. It’s like these people don’t watch nfl football very often.

1 hour ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

It's a giant turd. I'm sure the scumbags knock you off line a couple times an hour to make you listen to the same ***** commercials.

Tune in is far better

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.