No criminal charges against Araiza

Big Blitz

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Here we go again. No, he didn’t. He admitted to sleeping with her. He didn’t know she was underage, there are witnesses that say she was telling everyone she was in college, and in CA that’s defensible toward it not being a criminal offense 

There is actually a video of her saying she’s 18 too 

6 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

And this comment right here is why the world is in the awful state it is.

What "awful state" is that exactly? You mean where a man can have his life ruined in the court of social media with only an accusation?

1 hour ago, PrimeTime101 said:

i seriously would sign him and dump this punter in a HEART BEAT. the guy is still punt god that can help you turn the field.  Bring him back.

Wish in one hand and s*** in the other. It’s never happening.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

There was a big debate in the UK at one point whether those accused of rape or sexual assault should be named whilst investigations are taking place (for other offences, they are not until brought to trial).

This is not correct. For any criminal offence in the UK you are liable to be named once you are charged. The argument on sexual assault is should the accused be named given that the alleged victim now has a right to anonymity which remains beyond trial, even in cases where the accused is acquitted. 

Given my new role I have to be a little more careful than before about what I say in public fora about elements of UK justice policy, but my views on the slight wrong turn we have made in turning the criminal justice system into what I describe as the victim justice system are well known even on these boards. A lot of well-intentioned policy pursued by Governments of both colours for reasons that are understandable but have ultimately left us with a less objective, more emotionally-charged and ultimately more flawed system. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

And an admission of statutory rape.

that’s simply not true according to California law but yet you keep pushing it. 

i don’t know what happened, just like you don’t know. Yes, on one of the context calls he admitted to sexual contact with the accuser. Doesn’t mean he’s guilty of statutory rape in California. 

• Agree 1

The team released him as a PR move so they wouldn't look bad, they should have waited to see what the legal system did. There is not a punter even close to his level and i would bring him back in a heartbeat. And yes we do punt and consistently putting teams deep ever time would be worth it.

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

The team released him as a PR move so they wouldn't look bad, they should have waited to see what the legal system did. There is not a punter even close to his level and i would bring him back in a heartbeat. And yes we do punt and consistently putting teams deep ever time would be worth it.

“So we won’t look bad” is actually a good reason to do anything as a billion dollar company. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, BillsFanSD said:

Oh come on.  They cut him because they didn't want to deal with busybodies in the media who rushed to judgement.  

Can I have a million dollars?  If it's really not that big a deal, then you shouldn't mind tossing me a spare million.  

On the other hand, if you wouldn't voluntarily part with a million dollars, then it's kind of gross to hand-wave somebody else being robbed of that.

The girl still left his house, bruised and bloodied. They just cant prove anything since everybody was wasted.

10 hours ago, QCity said:

What "awful state" is that exactly? You mean where a man can have his life ruined in the court of social media with only an accusation?

Plenty of men have spent a decade or more in prison for crimes they never committed due to this type of crap. Sometimes they are proven innocent by DNA evidence, but sometimes because the witness admitted they gave false testimony...in once case it was because she admitted she "was mad" at the guy in jail and claimed he raped her.  Could you imagine?  Dude sits in jail for 15 years and only gets out because a new defense attorney starts taking a deeper look and noticing the inconsistencies of the statements the accuser made, but only once she is questioned again does she admit they were lies...she would have happily let that man sit in jail the rest of his life and just pretended it didn't happen! Probably never even apologized to him for it.  Of course she doesn't go to jail because the statute of limitations had ran out. And even if she did, what is she going to get? 3 months?

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1