No criminal charges against Araiza

Big Blitz

29 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Basically it sounds like they concluded the girl is full of crap and that Araiza didn't do anything wrong.

Not full of scrap, rather cannot be proven "beyond a reasonable doubt."  Per the tweet

I'm not taking a side in the case

Edited by MarkyMannn

Just now, PayDaBill$ said:

So they had an exceptionally weak case with no chance at a conviction.

Sounds like you’re splitting hairs.

The gang rape could have happened, they just don't have the evidence to get a conviction.  The stuff about Araiza knowing she was 17 and gang raping her with the others after having her alone didn't pass the smell test.

7 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Probably because she was caught on video saying she was looking to add more than 1 to her body count that night...pretty hard to not to overlook this as a setup.

Does saying this mean it's okay to get her pass-out drunk and gang rape her? We don't know what happened. I don't know. You don't know. 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

No. They decided they couldn't prove it in a court of law. 

They came out and said the evidence doesn't support the filing charges... thats a nice way of calling them full of crap

Edited by Kmart128
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 2

Just now, Dr. K said:

Does saying this mean it's okay to get her pass-out drunk and gang rape her? We don't know what happened. I don't know. You don't know. 

Obviously if that is what happened then no, but clearly they don't think they can prove that happened, so the number of people acting like it DID regardless of their evidence is a little strange.  

Innocent til proven guilty is a tenant of this country's law. Even today. Social Media is not a valid courtroom.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, eball said:

I'd hold off on making any proclamations one way or the other until it is known what happens in the civil suit.

DeCreep Watson wasn't criminally prosecuted yet still paid a lot of money because of his creepism.

Now, if the civil suit is dropped without a payment the kid (Araiza) should certainly be given a 2nd chance at a pro career.

Well said and rational. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

My guess is she imagined it being more enjoyable than it was (3:1), and decided to stir up some **** afterwards. 

This is just as bad as people saying they know he is guilty. Why can't we just accept that no one will ever know for sure and Araiza gets to live his life as a free man? That's how the justice system works.

• Agree 3

It's not worth it for Bills. 

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

I knew Araiza wouldn't be charged.  I thought there was a possibility his teammates could have been. 

4 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

the way they worded it is that they couldn’t secure a conviction, not that they didn’t have any case

We've all been in a place where we had to make a decision at 21 yrs old. He and his buddies made wrong choices. And, HOWEVER it all exactly went down, he had choices and picked poorly. Beane has a choice and I'm quite certain he won't pick a dumb punter. 

5 minutes ago, MarkyMannn said:

Not full of scrap, rather cannot be proven "beyond a reasonable doubt."  Per the tweet

I'm not taking a side in the case

see, i read this from the tweet and take it as" not even close to being able to bring to trial"

"Ultimately, prosecutors determined it is clear the evidence does not support the filing of criminal charges and there is no path to a potential criminal conviction."

I mean, this is what 5 guys involved, in a house, during a party...and sounds like not one corroborating witness..that's just a guess on my part...but one would think someone would want to come clean

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

So you are telling me if a guy went out to a bar looking for a fight and then you found out later he got in a fight and ended up in the hospital that you would be saying he played no part in that happening?

Well, fighting is pretty different from what we’re talking about here in a lot of ways, so I don’t understand your analogy.