Very disturbing to see how many fans have turned against Allen.

BuffaloBills1998

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I had an opportunity to sit and watch and not post for a few days. Just see what people wrote.

people get frustrated and they vent on the board and say silly things

Josh Allen is like having Christmas every day

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

It is not surprising at all about fans turning.  Some are bad weather fans.

eyeroll.png

People's expectations were through the roof with all the SB favorite talk. Now they can't cope with adversity, even when they win 

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

It’s really disheartening and disturbing these last 5 games how many have turned against Allen. Guy gives it his all and puts his heart and soul on the team. Has he played reckless? Yes he has. But the team around him outside of Diggs has not helped him much at all. Davis is not the true number 2 WR that we all hoped he would become after his playoff stint against the Chiefs. Knox has also taken a big step back since getting his new contract and that’s becoming a growing theme not only for us but to every team around the league. Also the o line has regressed and large part due to injuries. Chances are we’re going to need a new center and move on from Morse. 

to all those who dislike Allen now. Just remember what we had for 17 years before Allen came to us. Remember Bledsoe, Losman, Fitzpatrick and Edwards, Van Pelt etc

You forgot Collins, Flutie (I actually liked his fire though) Tyrod, EJ, Orton, and several more.  

Thsnks for this message as Allen when he retires will be the hands down best, most talented, athletic, QB in franchise history, and will go down as the winningest WB’s not only in Bills history, but in the NFL.  Barring injuries, Josh is a cyborg.

He also now rivals Kelly tough as he’s definitely the toughest WB in the league right.  The witching has gone over the top.  I just chalk it up to spoiled Bills fans  that are more Madden fans which is a game, not the real sport.  Every player has to go play their way through a funk from time to time.  It won’t be Allen’s last, but he gets out of it.  Allen didn’t lose that Chiefs playoff game last year.  Other lost it.

I wouldn’t take any other WB in the league over Hosh, not even Mahomes (by the way he went through a losing streak towards the beginning of last year).

Thanks 98.

58 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

The best is the "Josh Allen is trash now" rants, after the dude injures his elbow not only doesn't miss a game but is still the best QB on the field most of the time. 1 dude said put Case Keenum in there today, you can make this ***** up! 

That was me.  If he is too injured to hit the easy rhythm passes that stalled the offense all day, then Keenum should have been under center.  Glad they won, but it was way rougher than need be.  

• Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

That was me.  If he is too injured to hit the easy rhythm passes that stalled the offense all day, then Keenum should have been under center.  Glad they won, but it was way rougher than need be.  

Hemade a fantastic throw to diggs to set up the FG.  plenty good enough for me.  Be happy!

27 minutes ago, downunderbill said:

It's the beauty of Gameday threads, that's where the unstable defeatists go to lay down their hot takes. It's quite funny sometimes, every single play is make or break.

It’s crazy that they start the game right off with negative posts haha…they were out in full force even in games we ended up winning in blowouts 

2 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Hemade a fantastic throw to diggs to set up the FG.  plenty good enough for me.  Be happy!

I was quite happy.  That was the first time all day that he and Diggs looked like he and Diggs.  We can also all admit that the majority of the game before that was sloppy at best.

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Quite a few posters were calling for josh to be benched in the gdt

I was one who said they should put Keenum in after watching Josh unable to hit several short timing type throws.  Never said he sucked, but he was clearly too injured to hit easy throws to make the offense go at that point.  Then he throws a piss missile to win the game...great, I'm happy.

1 minute ago, CoudyBills said:

I was one who said they should put Keenum in after watching Josh unable to hit several short timing type throws.  Never said he sucked, but he was clearly too injured to hit easy throws to make the offense go at that point.  Then he throws a piss missile to win the game...great, I'm happy.

The big throw he missed that was almost intercepted was cook trying to adjust his route super late…wasn’t really on josh at all.  Cook essentially faked josh out rather than the defense lol

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I will say this, if Josh was not behind center, the game plan for this offense would have to totally change from what it is now or you would possibly see 10 sacks

How can you say that? They were only down their two best offensive lineman (Morse and Dawkins) and Spencer Brown hasn’t looked right since he returned from his injury. But still…

Ok, two things - 1) why can we not RB/TE screen. We are a passing team, d-line’s are pinning their ears back, and we are down o-linemen. Why not use their aggression against them, 2) when we are so unsettled on the o-line, why not move the pocket for Josh? He looked like he did not trust the patchwork line and wanted to be on the run to make throws or run for much of the game. Why not move the pocket to take advantage of all this? Anyway…

3 minutes ago, Tim Tindale said:

How can you say that? They were only down their two best offensive lineman (Morse and Dawkins) and Spencer Brown hasn’t looked right since he returned from his injury. But still…

Ok, two things - 1) why can we not RB/TE screen. We are a passing team, d-line’s are pinning their ears back, and we are down o-linemen. Why not use their aggression against them, 2) when we are so unsettled on the o-line, why not move the pocket for Josh? He looked like he did not trust the patchwork line and wanted to be on the run to make throws or run for much of the game. Why not move the pocket to take advantage of all this? Anyway…

Really they were essentially down 3 linemen, since Bates was not playing his normal position

5 minutes ago, Tim Tindale said:

I would love to see screens, unfortunately, for some reason this line can’t walk for them

Not really thinking there was a need for this thread.  

There’s been frustration, but most people have pointed out the following:

Elbow injury 

Mid-season swoon last year

WR’s not stepping up

Dorsey struggling so far in his first year 

Allen also deserves some criticism for trying to do too much, but most here qualify that with one, or more, of the above statements. 

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Not really thinking there was a need for this thread.  

There’s been frustration, but most people have pointed out the following:

Elbow injury 

Mid-season swoon last year

WR’s not stepping up

Dorsey struggling so far in his first year 

Allen also deserves some criticism for trying to do too much, but most here qualify that with one, or more, of the above statements. 

I think there are some of us that - while clearly not himself - Josh is still engineering an offense still putting up 30-ish points a game in an offseason rut.  I mean, that’s plenty to win in the NFL.  After the weekend, will be interesting to see what our scoring offense is per game since the bye (when  Josh started scuffling a bit in the second half of the Pack game) or even since the Viking game (post elbow injury).  I suspect we are top 3 or 5 across either timeframe. So, while the eye test says “Josh/offense isn’t clicking on all cylinders”, the results still say “elite”. 

As a long time Buffalo sports fan I am not surprised. You are going to get a few that fall in love with QB Frank Reich instead of starting QB Jim Kelly. Trust BSF I ignore the back up is better Buffalo sports fan that is rarely the case. There are exceptions like Dominik Hasek for an aging Grant Fuhr but like I said it is rare. The backup QB’s on the Bills presently are terrible and the thought they ever have to start is scary then the Bills fan blaming Josh Allen for everything in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.