JD McKissic to season ending IR...it worked out for the Bills

Big Turk

8 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Yes, you are! 😜

But the “Buffaloes”?! Come on! That’s just idiotic!  Here is the quote:

"I was a Buffalo, I was ready to be a Buffalo," he told Washington reporters Thursday, per ESPN’s John Keim. "I was moving on to a new organization. I was excited. I felt wanted."

1 hour ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Wonder how much we'd have even used him. Hines hardly gets used at all & Cook isn't exactly being turned loose. 

Beane likes getting these players, but Dorsey doesn't like using them. Shopper & Chef aren't on the same page.

The Bills traded a player who had become useless to them for Hines.  Maybe they figured they could upgrade the punt return game with Hines & really didn't ever plan to use him much at RB-sort of like another player listed as a RB who never plays RB, Taiwan Jones.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

The Bills traded a player who had become useless to them for Hines.  Maybe they figured they could upgrade the punt return game with Hines & really didn't ever plan to use him much at RB-sort of like another player listed as a RB who never plays RB, Taiwan Jones.  

Maybe, but that's not how Beane talked about using him in his press conference. So there's a disconnect if that is the coaches plan. & this still doesn't explain the lack of using Cook. So I don't see how McKissic would have been different. It's head scratching.

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Poor wording on my part. Obviously not for the player, never want to see a guy with that type of injury. I was talking purely from a Bills perspective.

Actually he probably would not have got injured as a Bill unless he got a few slivers from the bench.   Guess he wanted less upheaval over this past offseason, can understand players preferring to stay where they are unless they really are big differences in money and really he probably didn't feel up to trying to earn a roster spot on as talentedca team as Buffalo is.  If he played The Bills just to get a better deal at Washington, well  you mess with the Bison and it might come back to bite ya.  Karma seems to be a Bills fan regarding players that don't wanna give Buffalo a chance.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Is it just me, but it bothered me hearing McKissick talk about how he “almost went to the Buffaloes”— like he didn’t realize the team name is the Bills and the city is Buffalo. Maybe I am being too sensitive! 🤔

F him... he chose poorly... now he can graze at home 😅

Just because he was injured there doesn't mean he'd have been injured here.

There's no connection with the Bills, validation or criticism in an injury to McKissic.

He himself must have been frustrated. They didn't use him as much or as well this year there. He's a good player and isn't getting the chance to show it in DC.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Maybe, but that's not how Beane talked about using him in his press conference. So there's a disconnect if that is the coaches plan. & this still doesn't explain the lack of using Cook. So I don't see how McKissic would have been different. It's head scratching.

Not using Cook isn't head-scratching at all. It should have been completely expected, it was very predictable. In fact, it was widely predicted.

It's how they use rookie RBs. In the first eight weeks of his rookie season, Singletary had 40 carries. And that was after he went four carries for seventy yards and six carries for fifty-seven and a TD in weeks one and two.

Then in the second half of the season they started using him much more. Exact same thing with Moss, though they waited a few extra weeks before starting to use him consistently very much in his rookie season.

Edited by Thurman#1

9 hours ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

If you follow real close, it's not difficult to understand the usage of Cook/Hines to this point:

1. Hines: don't bring up McCaffrey or any other trade, until you understand the offenses they are moving "from and to".  Hines is coming to a new scheme, one that is that isn't built off common WCO principles like McCaffrey adjusted to.  On top of that, Hines isn't near the player of McCaffrey (nobody should argue this), and we aren't going to force feed/creatively scheme up ways to involve him when we have Josh, Diggs, Gabe, and others.  It will naturally progress, as Hines gets the scheme nailed down.

2. Cook: rookie, not near the pass protector as Motor.  He's starting to get more early down looks, but until he's at or near Motors ability to chip/pick up blitzes, he's not going to be the reason Josh gets blindsided. 

The simple explanation is that both these players have to adjust for different reasons (new offense/scheme vs pass pro).  Not to mention that Motor isn't some slouch, just doesn't have the breakaway speed.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.