JD McKissic to season ending IR...it worked out for the Bills

Big Turk

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

With a neck injury...ended up working out in the long run...would have been hurt for the stretch run here.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2022/11/commanders-rb-j-d-mckissic-to-miss-rest-of-season

I get where you are going with this...but not sure "it worked out" considering it's an injury.

• Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• Big Turk changed the title to JD McKissic to season ending IR...it worked out for the Bills
7 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I get where you are going with this...but not sure "it worked out" considering it's an injury.

Poor wording on my part. Obviously not for the player, never want to see a guy with that type of injury. I was talking purely from a Bills perspective.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Wonder how much we'd have even used him. Hines hardly gets used at all & Cook isn't exactly being turned loose. 

Beane likes getting these players, but Dorsey doesn't like using them. Shopper & Chef aren't on the same page.

Hines is learning a completely new offense mid season with different terminology.  McKissic would’ve been here in the offseason 

16 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Hines is learning a completely new offense mid season with different terminology.  McKissic would’ve been here in the offseason 

Yet SF got McCaffrey involved right away. (0 handoffs to Hines in 2 weeks isn't even trying, especially when he's active for the game as a RB). & I know the excuse on Cook is he's a rookie. At some point the excuses are just lame & Dorsey needs to get them involved. Hopefully this week is different. 🤞

Edited by Donuts and Doritos
  • Agree 3

12 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Yet SF got McCaffrey involved right away. (0 handoffs to Hines in 2 weeks isn't even trying). & I know the excuse on Cook is he's a rookie. At some point the excuses are lame & they need to get them involved. Hopefully this week is different. 🤞

Not sure what schemes sf and car run but if he went from a west coast offense to a west coast offense that is much much easier than what hines is doing.

our playcalls are essentially in a foreign language to what hines is used to 

in the Erhardt Perkins system,  plays are called completely differently. It’s based on the route combination

someone like Jeff Wilson can contribute right away because he got traded to a very similar offense while someone like hines will take time 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

48 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

With a neck injury...ended up working out in the long run...would have been hurt for the stretch run here.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2022/11/commanders-rb-j-d-mckissic-to-miss-rest-of-season

Always hated these arguments. There is NO reason to think the same thing would have happened if he was here. 

• Agree 2

Just now, whorlnut said:

Always hated these arguments. There is NO reason to think the same thing would have happened if he was here. 

Many injuries? Yeah...neck injuries? Likely going to happen regardless...players lower their helmets all the time and cause force to that area

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

50 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Can't say he would have got hurt here because everything would have been different. He could have got hurt in camp or he could have played the whole year and been amazing for us or any and everything in between. 

11 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Not sure what schemes sf and car run but if he went from a west coast offense to a west coast offense that is much much easier than what hines is doing.

our playcalls are essentially in a foreign language to what hines is used to 

Then make him inactive. But by taking up a game day spot they're saying he's ready to play. & It doesn't explain Cooks lack of use, since he's in a similar mold.

Would you take over under 10 on their combined touches this week? (Last 2 weeks it has been 6. w/ Hines getting a total of 1 pass last week). I'm taking the under but hoping for over. (I'd put Shakir in this conversation too but that's for a different thread. It can't just be Diggs & Allen w/ Davis showing up every other week)

Edited by Donuts and Doritos

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.