NFL Week #9 - 11/6/2022 - The Bills at the (NJ) Jets - Post Game thread

BuffaloBill

Just now, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

My anger is more towards the OC, if you see Josh is struggling to throw the ball or the O-line is getting him killed, I've yet to see this team utilize screen passes efficiently. Why did we go out and get a guy like RB Nyheim Hines, James Cook if we're just going to neglect them as another weapon? We now have 3 RB's who can catch and they had 6 catches, I think we're pretty 1 dimensional right now and we don't need to be, this team was very hard to beat when Singletary was running well last season and I think it's time to recommit to it.

They never switched it up.  Against an aggressive D, you need to get the quick slants and screens going and there was almost no attempt to do that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Bills can't run the ball and their defense can't stop the run.  Key to beating Bills is double team Diggs as no one else will step up and teams don't really have to worry about their running game.  Take Diggs away and your left with 2nd year Allen trying to force plays.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Best Williams Available said:

I think many just see that if the team that played the last 2 games is the one that shows up in the playoffs, it’s over. 

These people didn’t know this before hand ? It’s only seeing it play out on the field the last 6 QTRs that they now realize teams who win Super Bowls must play well in the playoffs  ?

Maybe they already knew this and are just being emotional and overreacting to a loss, which by the way is a perfectly acceptable approach to fan hood, just not the one I subscribe to.

15 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I love this team personnel wise and I think there is a ton to like obviously. I hate philosophy in which we use them. McDermott has been a borderline savior for this franchise…..he’s an amazing coach Monday through Saturday but he’s terrible on game day.Thats been the case from day 1.

I want to see more physical play on both sides of the ball. We are too finesse and physical teams can make us pay. It happened in Jacksonville last year, the Pats game at home and it happened today. You rely way too much on the pass and if it’s not there you have no plan B. We aren’t physical enough up front and we get the LOS moved on both sides of the ball. That’s why we can’t run and that’s why we can’t stop it.

We are built to play ahead and that’s not always going to happen. In a tight game, you need the off speed pitch. You need to establish the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. The QB gets all the glory and press coverage but championship teams reset the line of scrimmage. You have to stop the run. You can not let a team hold the ball on you for 8 or 9 minutes while churning out drives on the ground. It lets teams get you on your heels and it makes you very venerable on the backend as a result. You also need to make teams pay when they devote all of their assets to stop your passing game. There has to be a time where you line up and run it. It’s not all on the RBs. It’s a philosophical thing here. It’s been that way since day 1 and the names of the RBs have changed. It’s not a coincidence. Something is broken with the way this team wants to run the ball and until it’s fixed this game will always be possible. You certainly have to want to change it in order for it to get better. There’s are plenty of times where it seems like In a tight game, it’s just put entirely on Josh. The first few drives of every game we seem to have nice balance and creativity on offense. Once the flow of the game changes and teams settle, it becomes a drop back hope Josh is an MVP. I’d love to see this team dictate more with physical play and if that means less splash plays… I’m good. Get the physical guys on the field and make teams uncomfortable to play against you. 

💯 agree with you but I really think there something to a team that loves to pass the ball. Maybe there practicing pass blocking to much and not being physical when they do have to run block. You can go all the way back and look at the colts and other teams that loved to pass, what did NE always do to them, be physical and it worked. It’s just my thought!! They don’t practice physical run blocking enough to be good at it. 

3 minutes ago, dakrider said:

Bills can't run the ball and their defense can't stop the run.  Key to beating Bills is double team Diggs as no one else will step up and teams don't really have to worry about their running game.  Take Diggs away and your left with 2nd year Allen trying to force plays.

Right!!! Teams want you one dimensional Buffalo comes in games that way. Giving the defense a leg up, especially against a good front 7. 

30 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Does Dorsey actually design a game plan. Every game seems the same, no imagination, no running game. He was my biggest concern coming into the season and still is. We won with talent early on, now teams have a strategy against us and we can't do much. Need to figure out how to use Knox, Davis, get a running game going outside of Allen.

Allen has looked like crap too.

But we won the NY/NJ argument , so there's something.

We had long drives the first three possessions and got 14 points, Josh's interception killed a drive deep in the red zone.   21 points would have won the game. 

Two weeks in a row the offense was a non-factor in the second half.  We never threatened to score a TD after that 3rd possession, settling for a 51-yard FG and missing a 53 yarder.  

So, my question about Dorsey would be does have more than a first half game-plan?  Does he counter when they counter?   It has not looked like that the past few weeks.    In Dorsey's defense the plays might be fine if the execution was better.   Today we got close to nothing from Davis, Knox, McKenzie, and Singletary. 

• Like (+1) 1

Remember last week when people were mocking the "remember the Jags" posters?

Well it's not that funny when we're seeing signs of yet another mid-season let down against teams we should beat. 😔

No, the Jets aren't as bad as the Jags, but there's a reason Buffalo was favored by 12 points. That kind of line indicates you SHOULD be the far superior team. 

A loss to the Vikings next week would likely see the Bills knocked out of 1st place, and any hopes of Allen being MVP would be done.

3 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Remember last week when people were mocking the "remember the Jags" posters?

Well it's not that funny when we're seeing signs of yet another mid-season let down against teams we should beat. 😔

No, the Jets aren't as bad as the Jags, but there's a reason Buffalo was favored by 12 points. That kind of line indicates you SHOULD be the far superior team. 

A loss to the Vikings next week would likely see the Bills knocked out of 1st place, and any hopes of Allen being MVP would be done.

I agree with a lot of what you say here though it doesn’t matter what the fans remember or say, it’s how the team prepares and executes. They were awful today.

As far as Allen being the MVP? I don’t care one way or the other. I just want a Super Bowl title before I take my dirt nap.

Edited by Beast

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.