NFL Week #9 - 11/6/2022 - The Bills at the (NJ) Jets - Post Game thread

BuffaloBill

24 minutes ago, Flucod said:

He dropped it, hit him in the freakin hands and Sauce was not close enough to stop it. Almost any NFL caliber receiver makes that catch.

bull####.

As an aid to the eyes of those with a smidge of "open" in their minds, I have circled the ball and marked Gardner's arm where it's over Davis's arm

Davis did get his arm free and try for the ball, but it was by no means a gimme and Sauce was draped all over him.

Capture.JPG

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, 78thealltimegreat said:

He literally hit Gabe Davis in the chest on the final play Gabe just isn’t a number 2 receiver 

Sure.  Not saying he didn't make any plays at all, of course he did.

But his decisions were far below his standard of play.  That 1st pass to Knox, 2nd Int fooled by a cover 2 look, and ehat should have been a 3rd Int later on.

All that said, he was doing similar to what he did against Jacksonville last year.  Almost carbon copy of the game, he needed to take more check downs, ie: Knox/Rbs chipping.  Or the open short crossing patterns.  

Bottom line, we shouldn't have needed a 4th and 21 conversion with 40 seconds left to win today.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This team has very little talent on offense outside of Josh and Diggs. If Josh is off, and today he was atrocious, it's game over. We are too dependent on him being superman. 

We've invested enough into the defense. Next off-season get Josh protection and some ****ing weapons. 

5 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

He literally hit Gabe Davis in the chest on the final play Gabe just isn’t a number 2 receiver 

See post above.  This is just a bad take.  That was a catch maybe a handful of #1 WR in the league manage to make.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, MasterStrategist said:

Sure.  Not saying he didn't make any plays at all, of course he did.

But his decisions were far below his standard of play.  That 1st pass to Knox, 2nd Int fooled by a cover 2 look, and ehat should have been a 3rd Int later on.

All that said, he was doing similar to what he did against Jacksonville last year.  Almost carbon copy of the game, he needed to take more check downs, ie: Knox/Rbs chipping.  Or the open short crossing patterns.  

Bottom line, we shouldn't have needed a 4th and 21 conversion with 40 seconds left to win today.

Josh was not normal Josh today

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

bull####.

As an aid to the eyes of those with a smidge of "open" in their minds, I have circled the ball and marked Gardner's arm where it's over Davis's arm

Davis did get his arm free and try for the ball, but it was by no means a gimme and Sauce was draped all over him.

Capture.JPG

Not saying someone should put concrete boots on referee land shart and throw him in in the ocean… but maybe I am??? 🤔🤫

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

You guys are to funny even for House 

You honestly believed Buffalo would go 16-1 ?

OK we had a slight set back and lost 2 WHOLE GAMES....

Have a beer and chill 😎 

I think many just see that if the team that played the last 2 games is the one that shows up in the playoffs, it’s over. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Jamone said:

Not saying someone should put concrete boots on referee land shart and throw him in in the ocean… but maybe I am??? 🤔🤫

I mean....it was going on all game, on both sides.  The refs were letting it go all game.  All we can ask is that they call a consistent game.

But if they're locking down Diggs and Davis deep all game, it means someone is open underneath if we hit them right away.  And we started out doing that, then we stopped.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Not a good game.  This and the last game, Bills look beatable for sure.

Not sure what’s up with Josh, but he’s got to get it fixed fast.  Seems like teams know to take Diggs out of the game and we don’t have anyone else.  Davis has not looked good.

Still a very good team, but they definitely have some work to do.

Jets game-planned us good.  They saw what GB was able to do last week on the ground against our Nickel D. They exposed it and proved it could be run on.  The Jets did a copy/paste today and Frazier apparently thought he had a 17 pt lead to work with like he did last week. He's too stubborn and couldn't make the adjustments.

The Jets were playing the pass and daring us to run, which we couldn't do consistently.  The receivers were covered very well most of the game, but when they were open, Josh was missing them and badly on some throws. I don't know if he was misreading the coverages, but the 2 INTs were bad and there should've been a 3rd that he threw right at the DB when Shakir was wide open.

Gabe straight up disappears for long stretches and I'm quickly losing faith in him as WR2.  We need consistency from that position, not just a deep threat.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Like (+1) 1

My anger is more towards the OC, if you see Josh is struggling to throw the ball or the O-line is getting him killed, I've yet to see this team utilize screen passes efficiently. Why did we go out and get a guy like RB Nyheim Hines, James Cook if we're just going to neglect them as another weapon? We now have 3 RB's who can catch and they had 6 catches, I think we're pretty 1 dimensional right now and we don't need to be, this team was very hard to beat when Singletary was running well last season and I think it's time to recommit to it.

Edited by BuffaloBillsGospel
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

I mean....it was going on all game, on both sides.  The refs were letting it go all game.  All we can ask is that they call a consistent game.

But if they're locking down Diggs and Davis deep all game, it means someone is open underneath if we hit them right away.  And we started out doing that, then we stopped.

That’s on Allen and Dorsey. There were plays to be made underneath at times Allen refused to take it…

• Like (+1) 1

Problem with football is you can’t take bias out of refereeing. There are clearly refs who have allegiance to specific markets and teams. They should be vetted heavily and not aloud to officiate games they have any possibility of conflict of interest with. However now with sports gambling being legal it is that much harder to enforce. It is infuriating watching games where everyone and there mother can see a call clear as day and the yet the nfl keeps getting it wrong time and time again. Even allowing these POS refs to come together (During the pass interference challenge year) and unionize to make sure not one challenge got

over turned.  It’s ******* trash. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.