NFL Week #9 - 11/6/2022 - The Bills at the (NJ) Jets - Post Game thread

BuffaloBill

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

Stop with this stuff, makes you look petty. Endorsements aren’t making him play bad, but comments like this make you look bad 

Strike a nerve?  This is a message board, you do not look good here telling someone to stop sharing their thoughts on a message board.

Josh looked distracted today and is not playing at the level he nor anyone would likely expect. 

Petty? Me thinks you need a dictionary.

5 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Some refs would call that pass interference, especially if you see the reverse angle with the DB making contact way down the field, but Davis still needs to go get the ball, not wait for it.    If he goes to the ball and fights for it, he might get the PI since the DB never turns around.  Davis was NOT good today.  

agreed. That, plus I think Dawkins arms being on the outside made it a bad look.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Motor26 said:

The lack of plays called for Knox in the middle or running back routes is something that has been far under utilized. I hope once Hines gets the playbook down he can be a receiving threat out of the backfield. And they should absolutely throw to Knox more on designed plays. 

never replaced Beas. Crowder was supposed to be that. Not sure what Knox is good for if they won’t use him across the middle. 

4 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Some refs would call that pass interference, especially if you see the reverse angle with the DB making contact way down the field, but Davis still needs to go get the ball, not wait for it.    If he goes to the ball and fights for it, he might get the PI since the DB never turns around.  Davis was NOT good today.  

Agree. All year we have seen a parade of PI’s. The announcers speak to “he never turned “ to see the ball. Classic pi this year, but no call on sauce. Bills have gotten very few pi and d holding in coverage. Kind of strange since they have one of the more high powered O’s. Suace is the media darling next “shut down cb” 😂

Holding on DD was also a joke. Jets ran about 40 times and zero holding. Suddenly DD pancakes the DE to the inside. Not remotely close to JA and no gets there first OL hold of the entire game! Having said that, Bills coached and played poorly!!!

5 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

There is no doubt the Bills got out coached. They had no answers to stop their run attack. It was pitiful when the Bills had them pinned at the 4 yard line in the 4th quarter. Run, run, run, and more runs with no answer. That just can't happen! What adjustments did they make? No way this team makes a super Bowl appearance playing like that. The division is a log jam. I don't think teams fear the Bills. Adjustments needs to be made. I'm not a great xs and os guy. Maybe someone here can give some good insight. Right now, this is a crappy Sunday. 

The defense was shattered at that point. They needed the O to get points on the board, give them a cushion, spend time on the field to help them recover. Not keep being put out there because of boneheaded idiocy.

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

There is no doubt the Bills got out coached. They had no answers to stop their run attack. It was pitiful when the Bills had them pinned at the 4 yard line in the 4th quarter. Run, run, run, and more runs with no answer. That just can't happen! What adjustments did they make? No way this team makes a super Bowl appearance playing like that. The division is a log jam. I don't think teams fear the Bills. Adjustments needs to be made. I'm not a great xs and os guy. Maybe someone here can give some good insight. Right now, this is a crappy Sunday. 

The running defense is a concern. Milano out hurt was a factor.  Bad backup DB tackling was a factor.   From the X and O standpoint, they never left the nickel defense either, at least from what I saw.   I think the problem was more about missing Milano and some bad tackling on top of it.  

Still, we only needed 21 points to win and we left at least 10 on the field.  

1 minute ago, QLBillsFan said:

Agree. All year we have seen a parade of PI’s. The announcers speak to “he never turned “ to see the ball. Classic pi this year, but no call on sauce. Bills have gotten very few pi and d holding in coverage. Kind of strange since they have one of the more high powered O’s. Suace is the media darling next “shut down cb” 😂

Holding on DD was also a joke. Jets ran about 40 times and zero holding. Suddenly DD pancakes the DE to the inside. Not remotely close to JA and no gets there first OL hold of the entire game! Having said that, Bills coached and played poorly!!!

There was lots of holding by the jets on those big runs. On one of their biggest runs, Phillips was held badly. 

I actually don’t mind if they let that go— but to call that hold on DD at the end then, it really had to have been egregious. And it wasn’t. Killed that drive. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, IndyMark said:

Strike a nerve?  This is a message board, you do not look good here telling someone to stop sharing their thoughts on a message board.

Josh looked distracted today and is not playing at the level he nor anyone would likely expect. 

Petty? Me thinks you need a dictionary.

I think JA not playing well is spot on. Not sure why but trying too hard. I love the drive and energy but needs to stop forcing and take what they give.OL and run game needs to improve to allow JA to stay calm and just make the easiest read. 

Yes, the Defense sucked when it was needed most—I can’t believe how easily the Jets moved down the field on that last drive. It made me ill. 

But, really, holding them to 20 points should be a win for this team with this offense. 

Edited by CSBill

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

Hate to say it but with teams going to two high shell and playing man coverage you either need to start taking advantage of the middle of the field or Josh needs to drop back and then run straight up the field.

Against that type of defense Dawson Knox should be eating right now, but is somehow non existent.  

He’s not being used. More than once he was free and looking for the ball tonight, but Josh didn’t throw to him.

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

There was lots of holding by the jets on those big runs. On one of their biggest runs, Phillips was held badly. 

I actually don’t mind if they let that go— but to call that hold on DD at the end then, it really had to have been egregious. And it wasn’t. Killed that drive. 

Yea I’m with you. What is holding ? What is PI? Neither were called all day! Ok the teams adjust but then the DD call blows up the consistency. 

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Hate to say it but with teams going to two high shell and playing man coverage you either need to start taking advantage of the middle of the field or Josh needs to drop back and then run straight up the field.

Against that type of defense Dawson Knox should be eating right now, but is somehow non existent.  

This team is really missing a slot receiver like beasley (his form from a couple years back)

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I hated that call, but as soon as I saw them go to the ground I had a feeling the flag would come out. You see that every week go uncalled, but the refs decided to throw the flag here. It's a very gray area. The camera showed McDermott arguing to the ref after that the defender had a hold of Dawkins' jersey and pulled him down.

Omg he pancaked him how is that holding 

9 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

In the 3rd quarter the defense gave up a long drive but got them the ball back only to see the offense turned it over two plays later and advance the Jets even closer to the goal line.  That is why we didn't "touch the ball".   You want the offense to get more touches?   Get more first downs, stop the constant 20 yard deep plays and take what is given underneath.  

And have a defense that can routinely get the ball back.  Josh is trying to make big plays because he knows his defense isn’t stopping anyone.  

2 hours ago, Nitro said:
  • Pump the brakes on Super Bowl talk
  • Allen has not played well in two weeks.
  • Adding one person (OBJ) will do nothing
  • The injuries have slowed down the defense
  • The O line is patch work.  Draft again top talent.
  • All is not lost but the bye has actually hurt this team.

The D is fine 

We gave up 20 points on the road with 2 terrible to's

We gave up 17 last week 

Our offense scored 20 points in the last 6 Quarters

They're the issue and it's getting concerning 

Just now, henry jones said:

And have a defense that can routinely get the ball back.  Josh is trying to make big plays because he knows his defense isn’t stopping anyone.  

Then surely you spend as much time on the field of play as possible to burn the clock in a close game and not allow the Jets O back on the field?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.