NFL Week #9 - 11/6/2022 - The Bills at the (NJ) Jets - Post Game thread

BuffaloBill

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

Josh threw a terrible screen to McKenzie in the second half. We were lucky to get out of that without a huge loss.

I am not a huge footwork guy. But it looks like Josh’s drop back has been a lot wider/longer the last two weeks. Same with his base when he throws. Wasn’t that something he worked on his first two years as a rookie? Looks like it might be back. 

He was getting pressured quickly today, which I'm sure was a factor, but he looked today like he did the 2nd half last week, which was not good.

As posted in the postgame thread..

My takeaways:

1) zero game balls deserved. If there was anyone, I guess it’d be Diggs?  

2) something is very wrong with Allen. I think it’s in his head, versus injury.. but we’ll see.  It needs to be figured out, because we rely way too much on him.  No one was good, but this game was on Josh today.  Plain and simple. His decision making and execution sucked.  He ran the ball well… great… but prefer we use a running back for that!

3) on the note above, how about even trying to establish a running game?  Which also leads to the next comment…

4) it seemed like our O-Line did not hold up well today. Further justifying complaints that we didn’t focus enough on the trenches. The jets owned us in the trenches on both sides of the line for most of the game. 

5) Gabe Davis has been my biggest disappointment so far this season.  And this is a guy we’re concerned about losing to some team that would pay him huge money to be their #1 wideout?  No consistency from him this season. And don’t appreciate the half-a@@ effort on that last ball. It hit him in the chest.  Diggs makes that catch. 

6) defensive injuries were killers for us, in both of our losses. That said, funny how the offense sputtered out (regarding points scored) in both of those losses too. A healthy Tre White, Milano, and Poyer might have made the difference in this 3 point game. 

7) may not be time for full blown panic button… but reality has set in, and we clearly are beatable. Two losses to divisional teams are killers. These may be the difference between a top 4 seed, and a hopeful wildcard.  

8. McDermott did not have this team ready to play today. Once again, they couldn’t stop the run.  Tackling was absolutely brutal.  Blocking was weak.  And we seemed to have given up midway through. Pathetic effort and coaching. 

9) nothing is worse than a loss like this, then having to go through a work week. I tend to try tuning out from football altogether during the week. 

• Agree 2

I'm more concerned how bad Allen has looked than actually losing. 

Wins are what's supposed to matter most, but selfishly I wanted the MVP season too.

Allen playing like this just gives credibility to all the years of criticism about his accuracy, decision making & consistency. That bothers me more than a loss right now 😵💫

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

Right now, honestly, beside all the anger for this loss, how much you are worried for the final regular season standing ? 

Still confident in the first seed, or not ? 

I am confident. This team needs to learn how to win these ugly games. Charles Davis made that point on the broadcast today and he is right. 

we don’t need to be flashy. We just need to play clean.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

I do! The Jets ran the ball nine times on their last drive and didn't even LOOK like they wanted to pass, and they still couldn't sniff a stop. 

If your defensive coordinator is too stubborn to switch up the D when the other team is clearly committed to the run, you deserve to get run on like that.

GB exposed our Nickel D on the ground last week and the Jets followed that game plan.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

I just want to discuss the notion we've never found a short outlet guy to replace Beasley. 

That's been a huge problem...

Coupled with our lousy screen execution/ inability to run this basic NFL play, we've gotten worse on our need to go down field into high risk throws.....

Nah. Beasley upset too many people. We can’t have that.

1 minute ago, What a Tuel said:

We will see them in 5 weeks IN Buffalo...where this post would have made sense and I hope we destroy them. Same as the fish. So much arrogance for a 5 total pt win combined.

The Bills social media team does the same thing. I thought it was well played indeed. Let’s go get ‘em next time. 

1 minute ago, What a Tuel said:

We will see them in 5 weeks IN Buffalo...where this post would have made sense and I hope we destroy them. Same as the fish. So much arrogance for a 5 total pt wih combined.

I guess we're their Patriots now, same for the Dolphins.  Not like we have been dominating for 20 years...but both teams obviously had blue balls after the last couple of seasons and played their asses off.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Mango said:

Josh threw a terrible screen to McKenzie in the second half. We were lucky to get out of that without a huge loss.

I am not a huge footwork guy. But it looks like Josh’s drop back has been a lot wider/longer the last two weeks. Same with his base when he throws. Wasn’t that something he worked on his first two years as a rookie? Looks like it might be back. 

Yeah I'm waiting to hear the Dirty Dis Squad give him props for an alert play going low then tucking it away and getting some yards.

Nah - I know better than to wait for that.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.