NFL Week #9 - 11/6/2022 - The Bills at the (NJ) Jets - Post Game thread

BuffaloBill

6 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Does Dorsey actually design a game plan. Every game seems the same, no imagination, no running game. He was my biggest concern coming into the season and still is. We won with talent early on, now teams have a strategy against us and we can't do much. Need to figure out how to use Knox, Davis, get a running game going outside of Allen.

Allen has looked like crap too.

But we won the NY/NJ argument , so there's something.

Fist half of the GB game we had a running game.  From then on we crumpled up that game plan and threw it in the trash and we've not scoring and we are turning the ball over.  For the game Singletary had 8 carries and 6 of those were on our TD scoring drives.  That means the rest of the game he had 2 carries and we scored 3 points.

• Like (+1) 1

ok, emotional reactions.

Dorsey has no game plans and does a poor job of playcalling.

Allen has thrown 4 unforgivable interceptions the last 2 weeks.

I have no faith in Bass to make a big kick, was 1 for 2 in makeable kicks.

I wish fans would stop with the BS that we should sit out players extra time to be safe, because we don't need them to beat the "insert team'. 

Enough hero worshiping, this team can be in big trouble at 0-2 in the division.  We lost 8 games last season and everyone thinks we are lock for the Super Bowl.

Just now, muppy said:

a few prayers to to get our starters back asap? Shall I name them? You know who I mean Im sure. Spencer Brown we need you back stat  as well as defensive starters.

STAT

I agree but we will be dealing with injuries in some way, shape or form from here on out.

And Allen may be at the top of the list for a week or two.

• Like (+1) 1

I love this team personnel wise and I think there is a ton to like obviously. I hate philosophy in which we use them. McDermott has been a borderline savior for this franchise…..he’s an amazing coach Monday through Saturday but he’s terrible on game day.Thats been the case from day 1.

I want to see more physical play on both sides of the ball. We are too finesse and physical teams can make us pay. It happened in Jacksonville last year, the Pats game at home and it happened today. You rely way too much on the pass and if it’s not there you have no plan B. We aren’t physical enough up front and we get the LOS moved on both sides of the ball. That’s why we can’t run and that’s why we can’t stop it.

We are built to play ahead and that’s not always going to happen. In a tight game, you need the off speed pitch. You need to establish the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. The QB gets all the glory and press coverage but championship teams reset the line of scrimmage. You have to stop the run. You can not let a team hold the ball on you for 8 or 9 minutes while churning out drives on the ground. It lets teams get you on your heels and it makes you very venerable on the backend as a result. You also need to make teams pay when they devote all of their assets to stop your passing game. There has to be a time where you line up and run it. It’s not all on the RBs. It’s a philosophical thing here. It’s been that way since day 1 and the names of the RBs have changed. It’s not a coincidence. Something is broken with the way this team wants to run the ball and until it’s fixed this game will always be possible. You certainly have to want to change it in order for it to get better. There’s are plenty of times where it seems like In a tight game, it’s just put entirely on Josh. The first few drives of every game we seem to have nice balance and creativity on offense. Once the flow of the game changes and teams settle, it becomes a drop back hope Josh is an MVP. I’d love to see this team dictate more with physical play and if that means less splash plays… I’m good. Get the physical guys on the field and make teams uncomfortable to play against you. 

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus

Just now, Ralonzo said:

Tua looking like he has a real OC since his receivers are actually open.

Miami does have a great offensive scheme, two of the top 10 WRs in the NFL certainly helps with creativity/defense not being able to key in.

Our offense also has open guys today, Josh just wasn't making good decisions.  He'd be the first to say that too, I'd imagine

47 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

Right now, honestly, beside all the anger for this loss, how much you are worried for the final regular season standing ? 

Still confident in the first seed, or not ? 

Yes, still confident. Division games played in the other team's stadium are generally the toughest. The Bills have beat better teams and will bounce back.

My biggest concern is injuries. If Josh's throwing arm is hurt, that's gonna be tough.

14 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

I want to still believe, but I've had a nagging feeling they paid Josh too soon.  As crazy as that sounds, I know.

Nah I don’t feel that way at all..  He is a total stud, and we know what he can do. Something is wrong with him right now. Not sure if physical or mental.  A sports psychologist might be a good idea right about now…

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Did Singletary get benched? It seemed he was used very little in the 2nd half...Cook seemed to be in almost exclusively.

3 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Where did I say it was Allen's fault?

You're reading words that aren't even there.

Yeah that’s what I was reading too haha. 

• Like (+1) 1

Out-coached and lost in all 3 phases

There aren’t many positives to take away from this game. Von is a stud. Edmunds is playing well. Diggs is a stud too. We knew all of that though. The Bills need to stop sleepwalking through games. We haven’t had a week yet where they played a good game (win or lose). They have played good quarters but this team is nowhere near its ceiling. That’s frustrating.

Just now, MasterStrategist said:

Miami does have a great offensive scheme, two of the top 10 WRs in the NFL certainly helps with creativity/defense not being able to key in.

Our offense also has open guys today, Josh just wasn't making good decisions.  He'd be the first to say that too, I'd imagine

He literally hit Gabe Davis in the chest on the final play Gabe just isn’t a number 2 receiver 

• Like (+1) 1

Not a good game.  This and the last game, Bills look beatable for sure.

Not sure what’s up with Josh, but he’s got to get it fixed fast.  Seems like teams know to take Diggs out of the game and we don’t have anyone else.  Davis has not looked good.

Still a very good team, but they definitely have some work to do.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Beast said:

I agree but we will be dealing with injuries in some way, shape or form from here on out.

And Allen may be at the top of the list for a week or two.

my confidence is not as high in any game without Poyer and Milano on defense. As far as Josh is concerned oh My .... *cringe* Knowing him he wont be kept out of a game unless its really bad. We shall see.

• Like (+1) 1

You guys are to funny even for me....

You honestly believed Buffalo would go 16-1 ?

OK we had a slight set back and lost 2 WHOLE GAMES....

Have a beer and chill 😎 

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 2

I tell you what really pisses me off.  All week, all the pundits, Joe Marino, Joe Buscalia, Chris Brown, literally ALL the WGR guys today talked about how they were going to SMOKE the Bills.  This on the VERY SAME weekend that we had our arse handed to us by JAX last year.  And the Jets were 5-3!!  How you can disrespect a team like that when your own team did not exactly light the world on fire when we last saw them is beyond me!  That's my rant.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.