Ravens WR Rashod Bateman done for the year - foot surgery

Big Turk

Makes no sense that they swung a trade for Roquan given that they must've had an idea this could be coming.  

Claypool and Cooks probably look pretty good to them right about now.  Who knows.. maybe Texans give in and release Cooks.

Can't see OBJ tying his next contract to Lamar. 

So Baltimore has to be one of the worst teams at managing injuries. 
Bateman has had that injury since like week 3. Suited up a couple times including the bills game he didn’t finish. Missed a couple games after that and then tried to come back last week. Sounds like he either needed to hit IR weeks ago or they rushed him back too quick and made it worse. 

Andrews was hurt last week and they let him play and he didn’t last a quarter. 

Gus is coming back from ACL and they gave him 16 carries first game back, was hurt going into last week and they played him and he didn’t last the game. 

Just sounds like terrible injury management to me, I could be wrong but their track record for injuries is alarming 

• Agree 1

Big loss no doubt, but there is something that is not quite fully baked about the Baltimore team anyway.

They are one of the better teams in the league, no doubt, but not true championship contenders. 

Too many chinks in their armor.

This is now another one.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Makes no sense that they swung a trade for Roquan given that they must've had an idea this could be coming.  

Claypool and Cooks probably look pretty good to them right about now.  Who knows.. maybe Texans give in and release Cooks.

Yeah this is a head scratcher.  Their bench is now a Duvernay, Robinson and Proche.  Hardly a murder's row to begin with even with Bateman.  Oh and Andrews is sporting a questionable designation too.

Just now, wjag said:

Yeah this is a head scratcher.  Their bench is now a Duvernay, Robinson and Proche.  Hardly a murder's row to begin with even with Bateman.  Oh and Andrews is sporting a questionable designation too.

They have some speed with desean Jackson and Andy Isabella on the practice squad. Gotta think desean is about to get activated 

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

Bateman has had that injury since like week 3. Suited up a couple times including the bills game he didn’t finish. Missed a couple games after that and then tried to come back last week. Sounds like he either needed to hit IR weeks ago or they rushed him back too quick and made it worse. 

Gus is coming back from ACL and they gave him 16 carries first game back, was hurt going into last week and they played him and he didn’t last the game. 

Just sounds like terrible injury management to me, I could be wrong but their track record for injuries is alarming 

Yep, and Edwards just had surgery to remove scar tissue in the knee that was causing him issues and is likely out at least a few weeks now, if they haven't already put him back on IR.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Their season was derailed by injuries last year as well. 

To be fair not knowing what Bateman injured - there are some foot and some rib fractures that are very difficult to see on x-ray or even CT until the bone actually starts to heal. 

But at some point they may need to overhaul their sports medicine and training approach.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Their season was derailed by injuries last year as well. 

To be fair not knowing what Bateman injured - there are some foot and some rib fractures that are very difficult to see on x-ray or even CT until the bone actually starts to heal. 

But at some point they may need to overhaul their sports medicine and training approach.

I agree but if you are a player whose main job it is to use their feet to make quick cuts and get open how does anyone think it's a good idea to let them play with a foot injury and doesn't think it may worsen it?

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

Agree. 

Lamar is back under 200 yards throwing on the routine. 

3 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

If Tre needs a little more time, that’s fine with me. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Foot injuries, knee injuries, leg injuries, shoulder injuries, neck injuries, back injuries, head injuries, etc.

All worth the risk of a big payday…..until there isn’t one.

I've had many of those type of injuries while working myself. 3 Shoulder surgeries, hernia surgery, shattered foot, herniated discs ect. Except I haven't been compensated millions a year for them. I'd rather be them.

Doesn't matter, he's being wasted anyways because Lamar struggles to throw outside the numbers.

18 games  800 yards  3 TDs  36  First Downs. He's had 2 good games, so far, in his career.

6 minutes ago, TOboy said:

Can’t help but wonder if this puts the Ravens in play for OBJ. 

He’s easily the most impactful WR available now that the deadline has passed. 

I don't think there’s a Shot of that happening. OBJ is going to want a QB that can sling it all over the field, so he can look good and get that final big contract.

3 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Doesn't matter, he's being wasted anyways because Lamar struggles to throw outside the numbers.

18 games  800 yards  3 TDs  36  First Downs. He's had 2 good games, so far, in his career.

I don't think there’s a Shot of that happening. OBJ is going to want a QB that can sling it all over the field, so he can look good and get that final big contract.

I’m not an agent, a player or a GM.  That said, GB and Rogers looks good to me if I’m OBJ.  Primary target on a team with a HOF QB and no other WR.  Numbers = next contract.

5 minutes ago, Neo said:

I’m not an agent, a player or a GM.  That said, GB and Rogers looks good to me if I’m OBJ.  Primary target on a team with a HOF QB and no other WR.  Numbers = next contract.

But I would think he would draw double teams on almost every pass play because of the lack of weapons around him.

If I'm a betting man, he's either going back to the Rams because he loves it in LA or he's going to go to a team that can go deep in the playoffs and has a premiere QB.

He's probably going to play little to none until mid to late December. He's going to need playoff games to show he's recovered from the ACL surgery.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I've had many of those type of injuries while working myself. 3 Shoulder surgeries, hernia surgery, shattered foot, herniated discs ect. Except I haven't been compensated millions a year for them. I'd rather be them.

You should be more careful.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Plus he's not gonna wanna play for a team that doesn't seem to care about injured players.  I certainly prefer the way Bills manage injuries.  If the only receiver they have would be OBJ he be hammered and that's not something that would be smart for a player just coming off an acl injury/surgery.  Obj is looking to collect another SB ring not another injury. 

4 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

But I would think he would draw double teams on almost every pass play because of the lack of weapons around him.

If I'm a betting man, he's either going back to the Rams because he loves it in LA or he's going to go to a team that can go deep in the playoffs and has a premiere QB.

He's probably going to play little to none until mid to late December. He's going to need playoff games to show he's recovered from the ACL surgery.

He's probably not getting playoff games with the Rams...they are likely going to miss out.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Are you a lumberjack or something?  A desk job might be best for you.

• Haha (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Are you a lumberjack or something?  A desk job might be best for you.

Lol, that's too funny. I've been general laborer, did that for 15 or so years. But already had sustained many of those injuries. So I decided I should find an office job and I became a foreman, plant manger & estimator(sometimes all 3 at the same time). And I was pretty good at it. Within 3 years I increased profits north of 700% over the 6 year average before I took the job.

But it just never took, I need to move and be active. So I joined UPS, did that for a few years and now? And now I'm a lumberjack!!! Really, not kidding!!😂😂😂

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.